3DCoat Forums

Will crash-while-loading-windows-3b-files-on-mac bug be fixed in next stable release?

Dmac

Hi guys! I'm keen to know if this problem's being looked at for the next stable build or if it's been fixed in a beta already - I can't use the beta at work as we're mid project. Thanks for any news you can offer!

I'm regularly moving between PC and Mac at work (we paid extra for the dual platform license) and in .19 I'm battling the problem of windows saved files crashing mac 3D Coat on load. The app just hangs and has to be force quit. Both have the latest stable build of 3d coat. The other way has no problems: Mac saved files open fine on windows.

I'm only working in the paint room.

Sorry I couldn't put this in the support/paint room forum, I don't have permission to create a topic. 

Thanks!

Hi guys! I'm keen to know if this problem's being looked at for the next stable build or if it's been fixed in a beta already - I can't use the beta at work as we're mid project. Thanks for any news you can offer!

I'm regularly moving between PC and Mac at work (we paid extra for the dual platform license) and in .19 I'm battling the problem of windows saved files crashing mac 3D Coat on load. The app just hangs and has to be force quit. Both have the latest stable build of 3d coat. The other way has no problems: Mac saved files open fine on windows.

I'm only working in the paint room.

Sorry I couldn't put this in the support/paint room forum, I don't have permission to create a topic. 

Thanks!

Do you use same version of 3D-Coat for Win and Mac? Older versions may fail on 3B files saved with newest versions.

What versions used on Mac and Win?

Let us continue discussion via e-mail - write me to support@3d-coat.com