3DCoat Forums

From Retopo to UV Rooms...?

DarkEdge

If I have Retopo a mesh, how do I get that mesh into the UV room? I know that the uv's are right there in the Retopo room but I read somewhere that you need to Merge to get into the UV room, wondering where this Merge is? Or do I jusy export obj and then import obj to 3dCoat and uv from there?

Edited by DarkEdge

• Reputable Contributor

Your workflow is underclear.

What is the purpose?

You stated that you your retopo mesh has uv's but then you stated that you want to bring the mesh into the uv room to do uv work.

Can you give a more detail account of your purpose.

Are you trying to adjust your seams and then unwrap again, arrange your uv islands better. All that can be done right in the retopo room and exported...

I can answer better with more information.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry for not being more clear. I was just wanting to relax the uv's a bit...so it seems to do that I need to export and re-import to uv room.

Why can't you do that right in the Retopo Room? Remember, the toolset is contextual, so to access the UV tools, you have to select one of the tools/buttons under the UV subsection of the tool panel. Practically all the tools in the UV room are present in the Retopo Room.

http://3d-coat.com/tutorials/free-tutorials/uv-mapping/