3DCoat Forums

Snap OFF also whith "create" tools in Retopo mode

Yushituku

Hi

Wonderful all the new features that 3D Coat has, great additions to an already fantastic app.

One of the things that i always wanted for 3d coat retopology tools was the option to make new topology with out snapping in the surface. Now i was checking that the latest version has an option to turn off snapping and tweak the mesh, which is great.

But i would love to also have the "snap OFF" function for the "create" tools of the retopo menu, so whenever using the add/split, quad, extrude, etc the new geometry will not SNAP to the surface if snapping is OFF.

Is this feature/option planned for future version of 3d Coat?

Thanks

What I currently do, is to create my base retopo meshes in a 3rd party sofware like softimage or blender. It is really easy to export and reimport files into the retopo room. I do this, because I have much better modeling tools outside of 3DC. I don't see the need for such tools in 3D Coat, currently.

3D Coat is a painting and sculpting solution in my opinion.

• Reputable Contributor

What I currently do, is to create my base retopo meshes in a 3rd party sofware like softimage or blender. It is really easy to export and reimport files into the retopo room. I do this, because I have much better modeling tools outside of 3DC. I don't see the need for such tools in 3D Coat, currently.

3D Coat is a painting and sculpting solution in my opinion.

Yeah...Retopo in 3DC is essentially the starting point for creating clothes and such in 3DC. It works better than trying to export a voxel model and do everything by hand in another app. 3ds Max has some decent retopology tools (with the Graphite modeling tools that was added in Max 2010), but I have found them to be more finicky than those in 3DC. So, I try to do all I can in 3DC first, and where I start having issues, that is where I move the work to Max or elsewhere. Trying to model pleats, collars, pockets and such, is better handled in a major 3D application.