3DCoat Forums

reduced pricing?

• Advanced Member

Just wondering... I notice that advertising for the upgrade to version 4 of 3d coat is free if one buys version 3 in December? Is there any discount for those who bought version three before december? It seems a little unfair if not. Or maybe I'm not reading that right. I don't know.

That's been up for a while now, and changes every month. It started in September, so anyone that bought in September gets a free upgrade to version 4.

Whatismore, there will be a slightly less cost to upgrade if you bought before September. That is up to Andrew, and has not been made aware to anyone, yet.

Not that you asked but, thus far for me, pricing has been a strength of 3D-Coat. (I got my 3.x under last year's winter promo.)

I believe promotions and upgrades have been very reasonably priced so far.

I don't see that changing too much unless Andrew has decided he needs a gold-plated toilet or a new Ferrari for each day of the week. (He should probably get at least one.) :D

- Or maybe, just maybe, he's decided to do the Autodesk thing and just buy all his competitors.

Honestly if upgrades cost around a $100 bucks and promos continue, I won't complain.

It's a pretty great value and I don't mind them pricing promos to get new users in.

I think it's fair.

I've had a real dilemma with whether I should keep current on other packages (modo, Lightwave etc.) because of just upgrade cost, but, with 3D coat pricing hasn't left me feeling violated.

But I could just be thinking that due to some misfiring synapses.

I know that nowadays, for most of us, every dollar counts and I'm actually considering which tool(s) I want to drop from my pipeline.

Heck I might even learn Blender. Might.

• Reputable Contributor

i just upgraded my V3 Edu to V4 full

the best deal :D

ty PILGWAY !!! :rofl:

Actually, there is a discount in there, that isn't even announced. Like Pixologic and many other vendors, the upgrade price between EDU and commercial is generally the difference in cost. So, the normal price to upgrade from EDU would be $250. However, the hidden discount (I presume, anyway), is that you get the V4 upgrade for free. So, that could be roughly a $150 savings, overall.

• Advanced Member

Hey Carlosa,I am thinking of doing the same deal as I will be paying for the 4 Edu upgrade anyway,so may as well spend a little bit more and get the full version.....I was just wondering what the actual process is? Do you just uninstall your current serial and type in the new one you are sent?

Absolutely. Before he left, Raul did some fantastic work optimizing and stabilizing LiveClay. It's really fun to use now.

Very good to hear. I remember one of my biggest issues with LC at the time was that sometimes your mesh would have really bad micro tears after using some of the brushes. I did catch a couple of threads talking about Raul leaving cause of some mix up. Really sad to read that. I hope he returns again.

• Advanced Member

Sorry if this is a duplicate question - the thread about the Xmas sale doesn't specify and sounds like it is only for new purchasers.

Is there any discount for current v3.x pro users to buy or preorder v4 upgrade? and from the post above I assume there is no way to currently preorder v4 upgrade if you are a v3 pro user?

P.S. the sale should apply to us too ;-) I'd preorder at a discount otherwise if there wont be one, I'll just wait until release....

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry if this is a duplicate question - the thread about the Xmas sale doesn't specify and sounds like it is only for new purchasers.

Is there any discount for current v3.x pro users to buy or preorder v4 upgrade? and from the post above I assume there is no way to currently preorder v4 upgrade if you are a v3 pro user?

P.S. the sale should apply to us too ;-) I'd preorder at a discount otherwise if there wont be one, I'll just wait until release....

There is no upgrade offer at the moment, except those who upgrade from EDU/Non-Commercial to Professional will likely get V4 for free, so that is the only upgrade special I can think of. The rest of us w/ Commercial V3 licenses will have to wait a bit longer. Should be any time now.