Posts posted by Carlosan
Fri Jun 2 21:05:43 2023- Multiple small bugfixes- Voxel object->RMB->Axial symmetry corrected- The Core API restored, now it works correctly (it was broken for 2023 builds).- The Python scripting support in 3DCoat preliminary release. It is still in development and testing sand growing stage, but the base version already available, including basic documentation. We will add more functionality, samples, improve functionality in next builds. The Python API is very close to Core API, same classes, same functions, same logic, but applicable to the Python. Currently embedded Python 3.8 used (as last that supports Windows 7). No any additional install needed, all included.- 3DCoat > Edit > Preferences > General > Store Window State- Fixed problem of text correction (text not applied locally).- Fixed several problems of voxel extrude tool.- Fixed stamp + voxel brush engine with color.- Fixed narrow, but important problem of hotkeys: if you assign hotkey to the tool that currently present in UI, then switch (say to voxels) and try to activate that action it will now be triggered anyway if it is generally applicable.- The new mechanism to extend 3DCoat implemented - some (more heavy) assets like VDM alphas may be downloaded right from the alphas panel (if you will get to VDM folder). Generally this mechanism will be extended to other assets as well.- Logging the usage of the environment variable "COAT_LICENSE"- Tool "To NURBS Surface" - Bug fixed for Auto Unify.- Bug fixed for Lofte mode with Undo in Tool Smart Retopo.- Tool "To NURBS Surface" - Added button Auto Unify. "Unify the surfaces within rectangular regions that are formed by selecting edges."
@Koray It would be very helpful if you record a video showing how those brushes you mentioned affect your work, and your suggestions for improvements for each brush you refer to.
Surface mode, ok
I mean on Paint Room.
We can Surface paint (polypaint) on paint room, and use freeze tool.
View > Show Voxels in Painting Room must be activated.
As you see, freeze tool in surface mode have some imperfections at borders
This happens because freeze works on vertex density (as vertexpaint)
Soft or hard brushes is relevant too
- Sound Card/DAC: FiiO K9 Desktop DAC-Headphone Amplifier Review - TechPowerUp.
- SSD: Crucial T700 PCIe 5.0 NVMe SSD Review - 12GB/s - Guru3D.
- SSD: Crucial T700 PCIe Gen5 NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB - LanOC Reviews.
- SSD: KIOXIA EXCERIA G2 NVMe Gen3 1TB SSD - MadShrimps.
- SSD: Crucial T700 review- an untethered, unaffordable PCIe 5.0 SSD - Rock Paper Shotgun.
- SSD: Crucial T700 PCIe 5.0 Solid State Drive Review - ThinkComputers.org.
- SSD: Crucial T700 2TB SSD Review - World's Fastest Retail SSD - TweakTown.
The layer density is low ?
Sometimes si layer density is low or object is tiny, voxlayer dont give best result.
it seems that the resolution of the texture is small, so there is not enough pixel density to be able to freeze completely.
Is the opacity of the freeze tool at 100%?
Select a freeze area
Use fill tool
Hope this help
- CPU/AIO Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 622 Halo White Review - APH Networks.
- Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 9i Review (2023)- A Stylish, Powerful 2-in-1 Laptop - WIRED.
- Misc: Ekster Laptop Sleeve review - DVHARDWARE.
- Mouse: ASUS ROG Strix Impact III Review - TechPowerUp.
- SSD: Netac NV7000 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD - Nikk Tech.
If you have WinInk set as tablet interface, try changing to WinTab
Hi, there is an old report about XPpen, try thisOn 11/5/2022 at 7:30 AM, Baisop said:
It's not just a 3D-coat problem, but I've tested that FreeCAD and Rhino3D also have this problem. I found the reason why this is happening on the Rhino3D website.
The problem is caused by Nahimic dll from audio driver (99.9%).
I have Asus STRIX RAID DLX sound card and driver use Nahimic dll for something.
After I disable the part of the driver that used this dll, everything start working normal.
You can try shutdown all part of audio driver in Task manager (mainly part with Nahimic) and you see if that works.
Hope this help
On Paint room there is not a fill freeze loop (ring) option.
- CPU/AIO Cooler: ID-Cooling Dashflow 360 XT AIO Review - TechPowerUp.
- Gaming Chair: Playseat Trophy Logitech G Edition cockpit review - PC Gamer.
- Headset/Earbuds: These high-quality headphones can last years longer than Sony and Bose alternatives - ZDNET.
- RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL40 Dual-Channel Kit - Nikk Tech.
- SSD: SSTC Tiger Shark 1TB SSD Review - Fastest 1TB SSD to Date - TweakTown.
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB review- the disappointment is real - Eurogamer.net.
- Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 7600 PULSE review - Guru3D.
- Handheld: Asus ROG Ally review- a nifty handheld PC with the best and worst of Windows - Rock Paper Shotgun.
- Microphone: Maono GamerWave Review - APH Networks.
- Monitor: Philips Evnia 34M2C7600 Review- High Contrast and Wide Gamut Color - Tom's Hardware.
- NAS/Enclosure: Asustor Flashstor 12 Pro FS6712X Review 12x M.2 SSD and 10Gbase-T NAS - STH.
- Sound Card/DAC: Creative Sound Blaster X5 Hi-res External Dual DAC USB Sound Card - Nikk Tech.
- Graphics Card: Gainward GeForce RTX 4060 Ti GHOST review - Guru3D.
- Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Gaming X Trio Review - Best RTX 4060 Ti Graphics Card- - ThePCEnthusiast.
- Headset/Earbuds: Logitech G Pro X 2 Wireless Gaming Headset Review - Top-Tier, Top-Dollar - GameSpot.
- Laptop: Dell XPS 15 OLED (2023) review- Best in class gets better - Tom's Guide. Thanks Neutronbeam.
- Mini PC: ECS LIVA Q3 Plus with Ryzen Embedded R2314 Mini-PC - Mad Shrimps.
- PC: Dell XPS 8960 Gaming PC - TweakTown.
- PC: Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 5i 24 Review - PCMag.
- Mouse Pad/Mat: Razer Atlas Mouse Pad Review - TechPowerUp.
- PC: Origin PC 5000D -AMD Advantage- Gaming PC Review.
- Speakers/Soundbar: Razer Nommo V2 Pro review- Explosive THX audio takes your gaming sessions to the next level - Windows Central. Thanks Neutronbeam.
- Tablet: Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 review- A tablet worthy of your next bingewatch - Android Police.
Press the eye icon to hide/unhide sculpt layers
Instancer tool has "un-instance all" button.
Recently, 3dcoat has not been updated with a new version
in General discussion