Jump to content
3DCoat Forums


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Drocket

  1. Hi Stas, Thanks for getting back to me. I understand now and will keep an eye open for the new stable release. Thanks, Andrew.
  2. Logging in and out doesn't help me. I haven't installed a new version since 2022.39 which was still within my yearly update cycle. If I update to 2022.41 which was released after my free yearly update cycle expired, will this trigger the upgrade offer to appear in my account? Or should it appear automatically? Either way it isn't appearing. Thanks, Andrew.
  3. Just saying, that 3D Coat was initially a painting app before it got sculpting etc.
  4. Ha, I have done the same thing in the past, glad you got it working Andrew.
  5. Unless I have misunderstood your question, version 2022.02 should use the 2021 license you purchased. Andrew.
  6. Hi Andrew, I have installed .99 and it now works as expected without the error message appearing Thanks, Andrew.
  7. Hi Andrew, Deleting both python.dll and python39.dll stops the message appearing. Andrew.
  8. Hi Andrew, I have installed .98 and it now launches, however I am now seeing a message at the bottom of the screen "The program data was changed, it is impossible to function correctly, please reinstall.". I deleted the Docs/3DCoat-2021 folder and reinstalled but still get the same message, I have attached an image for you. Thanks, Andrew.
  9. Thanks Andrew, I will keep an eye open for the next build and let you know how I get on. Andrew.
  10. Hi Andrew, I have emailed you the information you requested, let me know if you need further details. Thanks, Andrew.
  11. Hi, I just tried .97 and still get the black screen. If it helps I am using RX 6600 XT with the latest drivers on Windows 11. .95 works fine. Thanks, Andrew.
  12. This is still broken for me, I just uninstalled .96, downloaded it using a different browser, reinstalled and all I see is a black screen. Thanks, Andrew.
  13. Hi, When I launch 2021.96 I get a black screen that has the title bar but no menu, launch dialog with options, workspaces or anything else but a black screen, anyone seen this? I uninstalled it and reinstalled 2021.96 with the same result of a black screen, reinstalling 2021.95 over the top of 2021.96 works as expected. Thanks, Andrew.
  14. I agree about the need for a great user manual but the main problem with a graphics based solution is the amount of work to keep it updated if the UI keeps changing, we do need graphics in the manual, but I just don't think it is a good solution to have a comic style manual (if that is what you are suggesting) where you just have pages of graphics? Andrew.
  15. Hi, Thanks for getting back to me on both questions. I am sorry if my question came across as inferring the maintenance was obligatory, that was unintentional. I believe now you have made it clearer for me how the maintenance works and that you can get back onto the cheaper upgrade path at a later time. I do think Pilgway are being flexible with the customer and do intend to upgrade. Thanks again. Andrew.
  16. Just a follow up to the question I asked about maintenance cost, I emailed sales@3dcoat.com a week ago but so far I haven't had a reply, I appreciate they are probably snowed under at the moment so rather than send it again I am going to leave the message I emailed them in this post in the hope it gets answered by someone from Pilgway. Hi, I have a two questions regarding 3D Coat 2021 licensing and maintenance. I have been a user of 3D Coat since Windows version 2, I upgraded to version 3 and also added a Linux license, I then upgraded both licenses to version 4 and later on you kindly converted the Linux license to Mac. Licensing: With the above in mind I currently have 2 licenses of 3D Coat V4 on my account, one for Windows and the other for Mac. Does this mean I can upgrade both licenses on my account to version 2021 and use them simultaneously on two of MY personal computers? Maintenance: Your description of how maintenance works is a bit confusing and I would like to know how you handle the following situation. I believe you say if you upgrade the maintenance every year continuously without missing a payment you will pay €40 (or whatever it works out to cost) for each year of maintenance, if you miss a payment the cost of your next maintenance will be €90. Does this mean that if I miss paying the maintenance one time I will be permanently locked into paying the €90 (or whatever the cost ends up being) for ALL future upgrades or can I get back on the cheaper €40 upgrade path again at a later date by continuing to purchase continuous yearly upgrades? Basically, if I miss a yearly maintenance payment will I be forced to pay ALL future upgrades at the higher price? The reason I ask is because Lightwave had a similar system and it ended up being unpopular with a lot of users. I hope that makes sense, if not please let me know. Thanks, Andrew
  17. Yeah I noticed that about VAT, if I remember rightly Pilgway don't add it to the price if you are from the EU however I don't know if that still affects the UK?
  18. For me it was just short of 90 euros (you will need to convert to $), I assume this is the same for everyone else upgrading from individual pro license.
  19. Hi Carlosan, I might contact them but seeing as we are so close to release it's probably just worth waiting and seeing, if they still haven't made it clear by then I will contact them directly and update this thread as needed. Thanks, Andrew.
  20. Hi, I just found the reference to what I was discussing earlier in this link (https://pilgway.com/licensing/9), if this is incorrect then please ignore however the bit I am interested in is the last two paragraphs where they talk about 40 euros for consecutive years of maintenance and 80 euros for upgrades if they are not consecutive year(s). To me it is not clear and does indicate there is a penalty for missed years in the maintenance plan? Thanks, Andrew.
  21. Thanks for the replies AbnRanger. If the maintenance cost is around the 40-50 euro mark and we don't get penalised for skipping concurrent maintenance upgrades then that is all good news Andrew.
  22. The original question was for upgrade pricing, are you hinting the upgrade price might be the same price as the current new license price of 379 euros? I agree Pilgway are a fair company but I am not a fan of yearly maintenance in any software, also how they describe it is confusing unfortunately I can't find the reference to it at the moment but, from what I remember they mentioned the first year maintenance upgrade would be say 40'ish euros if you purchase it when your current maintenance expires but cost more if you let it lapse. However they also say (I think I am remembering correctly) it will stay cheaper if you keep paying the yearly maintenance but more expensive if you let it lapse then pick it up later. So does this mean if you let it lapse once you will be paying the higher price for all future upgrades or can you get back onto the cheaper price later down the track so to speak? This sounds like what Lightwave did and I wasn't a fan of that either. A lot of the time 3D Coat feels like it is in perpetual beta so how many stable releases are there going to be during a single year of maintenance? Again, this isn’t me slamming Pilgway, I think they are a great company and will most likely upgrade to 2021 but I would be kidding myself if I said I didn’t have some reservations about the new license changes going forward. Andrew.
  23. Hi Haikalle, Thanks for the quick response which fixed the issue, for anyone interested the file is in your Documents/3DC2Blender folder. I honesty thought I had done this (I initially had the same issue under Windows). Thanks again Andrew.
  24. Hi, I tried this on the latest build of blender (both 2.90 and todays 2.91) and 3DCoat 4.9.60 for macOS but cannot get it to work. I get the following error when trying to send a default blender cube to 3DCoat. Thanks, Andrew.
  25. I don't normally get peeved at these things but speaking for myself I didn't pay to use a version running under wine I paid for the native version which hasn't seen an update in a very long time. Also, constantly being told to email 3d coat directly makes it seem like they are brushing it under the carpet and don’t want to discuss it in the open. We were initially told the native version was being worked on and converted to a new library now we are being told to use the wine version. I am no longer optimistic there is going to be a native version going forward. Thanks, Andrew.
  • Create New...