3DCoat Forums

Two versions on the same rig? (CUDA/non-CUDA)

ajz3d

• Contributor

Great! Thanks Digman.

I asked this because I had a problem with system completely freezing while opening a previously saved scene. I've read somewhere here, that it may be happening because of some CUDA bugs or errors. I've managed to open it eventually by disabling CUDA in the 3D Coat voxel menu.

So, because it worked, I won't be installing the non-CUDA version yet, but it's good to know it's allowed.

P.S. Is it really possible to null one's license if both (CUDA/non-CUDA) versions of 3D Coat are running simultaneously on the same machine and not on different computers? What if I open two instances of CUDA 3D Coat, the one I have currently installed?

• Reputable Contributor

You should never have more than one 3DCoat version running at one time whether on one machine or two. It is how the license works I believe.

License link

http://3d-coat.com/buy-now/

If you have any questions about the license you could always e-mail 3DCoat's support. Andrew is pretty good about answering questions though you might have to wait a few days, cause being one developer he gets quite busy...

You should never have more than one 3DCoat version running at one time whether on one machine or two. It is how the license works I believe.

License link

http://3d-coat.com/buy-now/

If you have any questions about the license you could always e-mail 3DCoat's support. Andrew is pretty good about answering questions though you might have to wait a few days, cause being one developer he gets quite busy...

Thanks for helping Digman, but this bit of information is incorrect. You can have more than one instance of 3DC open (on one machine) at a time. You cannot, of course as you state, have more than one instance open on more than one machine.

• Reputable Contributor

Let's say you have a "stable" version on one drive, and the latest Beta build on another. If you open the stable build after using the beta, 3D Coat will ask you for your serial # to register, all over again. I asked Andrew about this once, and he never answered. If you have both builds open concurrently, you will get the warning, as if you had two instances running on a network. So, Digman is correct.

What Javis is saying is also correct...you can run multiple instances of the same build...on the same machine, without any fuss. But again, with different builds, you will get the annoyances I mentioned previously. This needs to get fixed, but I figure it's way down toward the bottom of Andrew's priority list.