3DCoat Forums

3DC > LW normal map issue

Hi

i did a rough test sculpt, retoped it, marked seams, unwrapped, and exported to paint room using merge with NM (per pixel) and later as a lightwave object. but when i open the object file in lightwave layout it seems to be responding to the lightwave lights differently (screen shot). when i tried inverting X rather than the Y inside nodes the light works properly but the depth of the normal maps get inverted. can anyone help/explain where i went wrong with this ??

post-895-0-20386900-1341322934_thumb.jpg

post-895-0-88568000-1341322941_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hello joshy,

I have the same problem as you with LW 11, I have to check the Y inside works...

To be continued..

waiting for your return above ^^

++Chris

• Advanced Member

sorry I said something stupid is invertX as you said ^^

I'm working with this model is fully 3dcoat (except the NormalMap with xNormal), I encounter difficulties, particularly with UV's look at the throat...

I also encountered other problems with the export format .lwo of 3dcoat ... I think open a thread on this project

++Chris

invertx.jpg

i tried to post on the lightwave forum about this. they said its something related to the colur space in lightwave. actally it didint work for me well. may be you should give it a try

follow this thred

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=129471

anyhow i have 100 percent definit way out. USE Lightwave 10.1 for now. everything works properly in it