3DCoat Forums

Neat little software

• Advanced Member

Thanks for reporting, NDO2 working with photoshop elements 10?, I have a license photoshop elements

IMPORTANT: Compatibility

• Works for Photoshop CS3, CS4 and CS5. Support for CS2 is not in yet, but is currently being implemented.
  • Works for Windows XP, Vista and 7. OSX or Linux not supported.

(from their forums)

tried with Pse8 and it doesn't work

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

SM2 is turning out to be one nice piece of software to use in conjunction with 3DCoat.

SM2 has the ability to invoke an external paint editor right inside SM2. Save the image and it is updated in SM2.

I used it tonight to adjust and clean up a displacement map that was produce by the color image.

I pushed the statues foward, the walls backwards, soften and rounded out areas plus got rid of spikes resulting in a cleaner and better looking map. Your normal map, AO and spec maps are updated as well... Now i can bring it into 3DCoat for some painting and final displacement.

The map is just 1024 and a quick test render with displacement...

post-518-0-45336800-1343556051_thumb.jpg

i actually use njob in my workflow, it produces some fairly good results and i can give a comparison between njob/crazybump/shadermap2

and it works under linux with whine, tested and confirmed

teh onyl thing i miss tehre is a 3d preview, i hope the dev includes one in a new version

"...michalis: But, what I'm asking from crazybumps or ShaderMap2 is a displacement/bump map from a normal map."

u can convert a heightmap to a normal map and a diffuse to a normal and height and so on along with some neat filters

(heightmaps are displacement maps for teh ones that dont get it)

and u can do the opposite too and onvert it into a ambient occlusion map

anyways i hope i helped a bit out :)

jju1pw.jpg

sry if teh pic is too big :/ (hope it isnt...)

just before i hit the bed, yes it can u can adjust blur/sharpness along with some filters that come in handy, try the crispy bacon^^

as for displacement maps it automaticly asks u if u want it to invert so its pretty useful for exampel lets say u go the texture way

u want to get a normal map out of a diffuse map

the 1st u would have to convert it into a heightmap then convert the heightmap into a normal map then back into a heightmap where it asks u if u want to invert it, choose yes and at the end u can get a preety good working normal map made out of your diffuse map

anyways njob is free and we shouldnt ask to much of it but it can easy stay on the level of crazybump or whatever u want

and ye if u like njob dont hesitate to throw some bucks @ http://charles.hollemeersch.net/njob

and maybe he might even update njob in the future, it for sure would be good to have a 3d preview