3DCoat Forums
michalis

Another study on ancient grecoroman sculpture

Though a wip, I post it here because somehow it became unworkable under LC mode.

A 3dcoat sculpting, voxels and LC mode ~4 M. I was testing LC tools, thats all.

Just for fun, retopo, UVs and displacements in new zb4r4.

Rendered in blender / cycles. (~1.5 min 500 samples)

HeadCPH3dcZBLend.jpg

For anyone that is interested, here is the cycles nodes setup.

Screen%20shot%202012-07-30%20at%205.00.58%20PM.jpg

• Like 3

Stop to post photos Michalis!

:p:

Very nice study, as always.

Thank you Taros, chingchong.

You may notice on the node setup that texture isn't a UV map (new box-blended-mapping), dirt-cavity painted directly in blender vertexpainting (auto)

As I said it's a wip, lot of work will follow. (body, hands, painted textures etc)

Thanks 3DArtist

In blender, under vertex painting mode / paint dirty. There're some interesting settings under "left" T panel. After automatically applied, under object data panel properties (on the right) / vertex colors, the default name is Col. (case sensitive watchout). Copy this name.

Under cycles setup, atribute node, paste this name of the vertex painting. Use it as a value for anything you like. For instance for not having glossy dirt or changing the color.

Edit: here's a nice tutorial on this

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?241389-Dirt-procedure&p=2036346&viewfull=1#post2036346

As always Michalis, fantastic work mate. Love it. :)

Thanks you @fleeting time, carlose, Javis, chris_solo, pixo.

Here how it looked in 3dcoat (with a little touch of Ps).

What a big difference when rendered on a good engine.

It's all about light. Sculpture tries to capture light, this is the secret I guess.

There will come a day when we'll be able to sculpt in a raytraced GI environment.

Anyway, after rendering I will resculpt it.

Some thoughts on the creese LC tool. We should have a pinch parameter for all brushes. Creese brush is not needed.

I can't expect from a developer to guess my needs and give me the right tool.

However, creese tool of sculptris is what I have in mind. (my most favorite from all brushes, zbrushes included)

tttt.jpg

Gorgeous!

Just like Taros said, it looks like real camera shot.

The stylised head is really nice.

Thanks for posting the node setup too.

Thank you @sergio @herve_bis

@garagarape, thank you, so what you gonna do with this setup? Already got involved in blender - cycles? LOL

Nope. Never tried it. But the node system don't look much different than the Unreal engine one.

I think the pic you show on the top of the thread speak itself. Great lighting and material.

Make me want to have a try. I like Toolbag, but you can't tweak things that much.

What I'm gonna do? A transformable Macross jet fighter :)

Great sculpt excellent nodes!

Thank you Kargall, I hope you're right. Not so sure LOL

Thank you Britain. So, are you also involved to this cycles monster?

i have to say this i luv ur sculpts, i struggle atm with stuff like that, am just good @ creepy scifish stuff (selfnote setup a sketch thread), i remember some of your earlier works done with sculptris and zb^^

it still amazes me :) great stuff michalis

Thank you J0linar

I added these nodes, mixed as multiplier on the older previous material setup.

It increases crispness. Basically it works similarly to the normal projection matcaps (3dc, zb etc)

Screen%20shot%202012-08-03%20at%201.07.23%20PM.png

Antique bronze #2 LOL

BronzeAntiq.jpg

Thanks Tony Nemo.

The most important is that these are almost procedurally made textures. Auto dirt painting in blender. Then fine tuned them on the flight via nodes. Right?

I could make them not glossy using vertexpaint values at the same time. Lot of possibilities. Blender foundations is sitting on a gold mine. I guess so.

Thanks for the hdris Britain. Yeah, I already downloaded some of them. Searching for more industrial interiors.

Is there any software for this job around? To make my own hdris. And share them of course.