3DCoat Forums

[Feature] Light Control Handles manipulator and light types

Carlosan

Users need to use a separate panel, to move sliders with numbers to manipulate the light position and orientation in the 3D display room.

Will be better to manipulate point light source and target on 3D display

3DC

3dcoat_render_light.png

---------------------------------------------

light.jpg

mantis request

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=773

• Advanced Member

Hello Carlosa,

I'm sorry but i find the ZBrush UI weird, this is mainly why i try to avoid it as much a possible,i would love 3DCoat to keep a good distance from it.

Mudbox have a nice UI, i love the 3D coat UI too.

The 3DCoat sliders are handy since it save a lot of space.

This is just my taste.

• Advanced Member
Hello Carlosa, I'm sorry but i find the ZBrush UI weird, this is mainly why i try to avoid it as much a possible,i would love 3DCoat to keep a good distance from it. Mudbox have a nice UI, i love the 3D coat UI too. The 3DCoat sliders are handy since it save a lot of space. This is just my taste.

i think the problem with the sliders in 3dcoat is, that you dont see the lower end and the upper end. So you cannot see your relative setup point. Here is Mudbox better IMO. But the orientation of the Text is better in 3DC (3dc <-> Mudbox). 3dc text-layout seems to be more sober, not so flattered or turbulent, when comparing the two pics.

Although a little more graphics do not disturb.

BUT NOT AS zBRUSH! It is too stressy, no relaxing for the eyes

• 10 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I don't use the render room a lot in 3DC, tend to move the object into Lightwave and render in there. However, I can see an advantage of being able to do quick concept renders in the 3DC render room and having the ability to visually see and move the lights (instead of just changing some settings) would be a great advantage... whether it can be achieved or not is another thing.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] Light Control Handles manipulator and light types