3DCoat Forums

switch screen problem

• Advanced Member

hello all,

I have a problem with my Wacom Cintiq 12WX graphics tablet and 3Dcoat Windows [3.7.16A]. The function of the wacon "switch screen" will not stop trigger. the fact that it in 3DC.

Does it also does for you? What is the problem?

thank you

Kargall

Hi,

If I follow correctly you've got two monitors, one being the Cintiq? And the switch screen function of the wacom device isn't working? Is this correct?

If so, I recently had this happen though not with a Cintiq. The problem I found was with Windows 7 and how it shows the "primary" monitor. I cannot remember exactly what I did, but I do remember tweaking the "primary" and "secondary" monitor settings in Windows helped. I also, before tweaking those settings, uninstalled my Wacom drivers, which may or may not have helped.

• Advanced Member
If I follow correctly you've got two monitors, one being the Cintiq? And the switch screen function of the wacom device isn't working? Is this correct?

Yes and no! I have two screens, a main screen and the cintiq, that's correct. The switch function works ... but evil. In 3DC, with 3dc on the main screen, I draw on the cintiq and the cursor moves to the main screen to the cintiq, all alone after a few seconds.

This happens only in 3DC. Photoshop ok, ok ZB, Krita ok, ...

Why?

All drivers are ok: Wacom and NVidia.

Javis: My main desktop is No. 2, the cintiq is No. 1, I do not know how to change that. Even when I chage the connection up all.

thank you

Kargall

• Contributor

Je pense que tes drivers de carte graphique sont en contradiction avec ton écran sélectionné dans ton panneau de calibration de la cintiq. Regarde de ce coté, pour simplifier les choses: ton écran driver tablette doit être sur la cintiq, et ton écran principal dans tes drivers cg doivent être sur autre chose que ta cintiq.

English summary: You need to setup your main screen in your graphics card driver, and the proper screen in the wacom calibration panel.

Sur un driver nvidia:changescreen.gif

Avec driver wacom: driverctinq.gif

• Advanced Member

Merci BeatKitano,

Mais en fait je ne comprends pas trop :( . Je n'ai pas la chance d'avoir une 24HD donc je souhaite avoir comme écran principal le samsung . La wacom est en ID1 et en écran secondaire je ne peux changer ça ! Et d'ailleurs ça à toujours fonctionner comme ça. Et puis puis la question : Pourquoi que dans 3DC ?

Enfin je vais essayer de voir ça .

Merci

--------------------------------------

BeatKitano thank you,

But actually I do not understand too: (. I have not the chance to have a 24HD so I want as the main screen samsung. The wacom is ID1 and secondary display I can not change that! And Moreover it always work like that. And then the question: Why in 3DC?

Finally I will try to see it.

thank you

• Contributor

Merci BeatKitano,

Mais en fait je ne comprends pas trop :( . Je n'ai pas la chance d'avoir une 24HD donc je souhaite avoir comme écran principal le samsung . La wacom est en ID1 et en écran secondaire je ne peux changer ça ! Et d'ailleurs ça à toujours fonctionner comme ça. Et puis puis la question : Pourquoi que dans 3DC ?

Normalement tu peux changer ça dans tes params drivers;

Pour 3dc: j'ai pas ton prb. Une hypothèse un peu farfelue serait que 3dc utilisant dx ou open gl soit limité a l'écran principal (écran géré par la cg en plein écran), et que donc tenter de passer ton control cintiq sur l'autre écran pose prb. Enfin je sais pas c'est bizarre. Question pour ma gouverne: ATi ?

Sorry for the translation I'm short on time (leaving work), I'm just making unfounded assumptions as to Kargall problems. Nothing really worth sharing.

• Advanced Member

Nvidia gtx560 TI ! Mais tu as raison, c'est une piste le coup du DX ou OpenGl, Je suis passé récemment en DX et je trouvais ça assez rapide . Là pour le moment je réinstalle tous mais pilotes : écran puis tablette .

---------------------------------------------

Nvidia gtx560 IT! But you're right, this is a track the scope of DX or OpenGL, I went into DX and recently I found it quite fast. There at the moment but I reinstall all drivers: display and tablet.

• Contributor

QUestion: did you use another wacom tablet before the cintiq ?

If yes you have to remove all drivers, reboot, and then install the cintiq's drivers. I had a weird "cursor recall" issue because my intuos 5 drivers were fighting the cursor position with the cintiq. As if I were moving the mouse and the tablet stylus at once.

Also what 3dc version are you using ? Sergyi rewrote the tablet support recently, maybe something went wrong with the 12WX

• Advanced Member

J'ai tout nettoyé ! tout réinstallé, des anciens drivers et maintenant c'est pire c'est l’inverse . Même chose mais à l'inverse, je ne peux plus travailler avec la Wacom, le curseur fuit vers l'écran principal . ArrrrrrrGGGGGGg J'en ai ras le ponpon .

Effectivement c'est depuis la version 3.7.16A ! la version 3.7.16 fonctionner très bien !!!

Also what 3dc version are you using ? Sergyi rewrote the tablet support recently, maybe something went wrong with the 12wx

C'est maintenant que ça ne va pas ! :angry::D

• Advanced Member

I cleaned everything! reinstalled everything, the old drivers and now it's worse it's the opposite. Same thing but in reverse, I can not work with the Wacom, the cursor fled to the main screen. I'm sick ArrrrrrrGGGGGGg.

Actually it's since version 3.7.16A! version 3.7.16 work fine!

Also what are you using Version 3dc? Sergyi rewrote the tablet holder Recently, maybe something went wrong with the 12WX

It is now that it will not! :angry::D

Well I'll reinstall the 3.7.16 to see

BeatKitano thank you, it's very cool, kindly help me!

• Advanced Member

Je tombe en enfers, je vais craquer !!! Suis à deux doigts de tout balancer !!!

3DC ne s'installe plus correctement, regarde, au démarrage je n'ai que ça . Bordel je suis en enfers

I fall into hell, I'm gonna break! Am on the verge of everything else up!

3DC does not install properly, look, I did start it. I'm in hell

post-2367-0-60459000-1344351487_thumb.jp

• Contributor

Is it a clean install ? Is your cintiq a new acquisition ? Or was it there before 3.7.16A ?

Did you do the following:

-Uninstall graphic card driver

-Uninstall cintiq driver

-Install directx (latest version)

-Reboot

-install graphics card drivers

-install cintiq drivers (without it plugged)

-Launch 3dc dx version (gl is buggy as hell on nvidia cards)

Delete the 3D-CoatV3 folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\ and remove everything in C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V3 before installing 3dc.

BTW I know it's for UAC, but hell this is annoying having so many folders hidden under user folder, those folders aren't even accessible by default you have to active show hidden... retarded stupid microsoft design

• Advanced Member

Supprimez le dossier 3D-CoatV3 dans C: \ Users \ YourUsername Documents \ et supprimer tout ce qui dans C: Program Files \ 3D-Coat-V3

OK is good ! . check V 3.7.08b OK Ouuu Ffff

-Uninstall graphic card driver

Done

-Uninstall cintiq driver

Done

-Install directx (latest version)

no :blush:

-Reboot

-install graphics card drivers

Done

-install cintiq drivers (without it plugged)

Ooops it's plugged :blush:

• Advanced Member

OK thank you I see it! I think the Wacom drivers are not terrible, there is always something wrong.

I hate cuda version with 3dcoat, only bugs and almost no perf boost...

Ho? Why? I bought my GC for Cuda thinking it just got better :blink: .

Quelle version dois-je installer ? la 3.7.15 ? 3.7.16 ?

• Contributor

You may have to choose another driver than the latest one for tablets.SOmetimes you get weird bugs for no reason (sometimes just after a reboot)...

As for cuda: well if you're lucky it's bonus, if you're not you get scene locked forever (you can't load them) unless you use non cuda version. And last time I checked I had much more artefacts bugs (holes/tears/explosion) during the sculpts with cuda than with simple version.

• Advanced Member

Je cherche effectivement des drivers potables.

much more artefacts bugs (holes/tears/explosion) during the sculpts with cuda than with simple version.

Yes! 'I had a lot of things like that too but I do not know "without cuda" - Is it just install both?

Merci pour toutes ces précisions :good:

• Contributor

On the download page (beta or stable release), just download the no cuda/simple version.

As for the wacom's driver, I can't help you since I don't own your model. What I would do is search for issues with your tablet on the web and see what drivers user are suggesting, it usualy does the trick.

• Advanced Member

Hi friend,

Good! Here is where I am. I installed cuda Cuda 3DC and I use it in DX64. I still have not understood where the problem come, but I just work around it:

I manuelement switches from one screen to another, in the properties of the tablet. It's annoying, but I can work with it.

But I have another problem that I had not before:

I can not see my object voxel in the paint room (or voxel size).

I looked forward to future versions.

Thank you all