3DCoat Forums

Stitch Meshes for Modeling Knitted Clothing

http://www.cemyuksel.com/research/stitchmeshes/

- We start with a polygonal model that represents the large-scale surface of the knitted cloth.

- Using this mesh as an input, our interactive modeling tool produces a finer mesh representing the layout of stitches in the garment, which we call the stitch mesh.

- By manipulating this mesh and assigning stitch types to its faces, the user can replicate a variety of complicated knitting patterns.

---

Stitch Meshes for Modeling Knitted Clothing with Yarn-level Detail

http://www.cemyuksel.com/research/stitchmeshes/stitchmeshes-highres.pdf

sheep.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Great indeed. At last something clever.

or

just make seams where they should be in a real cloth. Then just rotate the islands on the geometric patterned texture.

This is possible in blender for instance. (follow active quad, avoiding stretching)

What do I say now. The above software is just clever and great

• Reputable Contributor

Great indeed. At last something clever.

or

just make seams where they should be in a real cloth. Then just rotate the islands on the geometric patterned texture.

This is possible in blender for instance. (follow active quad, avoiding stretching)

What do I say now. The above software is just clever and great

Speaking of "clever"....and sorry for going off-topic for a moment...but how is Cycles so clever and so modern (you mention it and Blender as a whole, often, here) if they don't even offer Normal Map support? This is like a Grocery store selling cereal, but having no milk...and just saying "we'll get around to it someday." That's not real clever, if you ask me.

• Advanced Member

Speaking of "clever"....and sorry for going off-topic for a moment...but how is Cycles so clever and so modern (you mention it and Blender as a whole, often, here) if they don't even offer Normal Map support? This is like a Grocery store selling cereal, but having no milk...and just saying "we'll get around to it someday." That's not real clever, if you ask me.

its on their to do list i think, you must consider, that that grocery store has all for free :D

so its somehow clever