3DCoat Forums

No Grid, Brush Diameter, Brush Profile, etc.

iMac OS X 10.8 Intel Core i7

16 Gb Ram

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 Mb

3D Coat 3.17.16A

I cannot get the grid to show in any room.

Also, none of the yellow brush diameters show in any room. Except the Brush with Splines tool in the paint room. There, the lines connecting the brush circles are missing. I can see the brush icon on the cursor, however.

The red brush profile/height curves are also missing everywhere.

The Brush tool in the Retopo room is invisible and doesn't work. It doesn't move the mesh at all and the shift relax function doesn't work.

There is no feedback lines for any of the primary retopo tools. The Add/Split tool has no trailing line. When you click the second edge, the cut appears, but it is impossible to see where you are going. The Quads tool has no feedback either.

The Strokes tool draws no lines. When you release the mouse, it produces a dotted line rather than a solid.

3.7.16A works fine on 10.6. I don't know about 10.7.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University.

I'm having the exact same problem, and it's causing me to not being able to use 3D-Coat on my Mac.

The strange thing is that everything worked fine for a day or two with Mountain Lion before I got the same symptoms as ekunzendorf.

I have a Mac Mini 2.5 i5 with Radeon graphics and 4 GB RAM.

Help would be really appreciated!

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for replying Greg!

I just installed 3.17.18C and got no joy in the 10.8 Lab. Still no grid, brush diameter or depth preview, nor stroke lines in Retopo. Basically the same problems. Lion Laptop works fine though! :)

Excelsior!

Eric

Thanks for replying Greg!

I just installed 3.17.18C and got no joy in the 10.8 Lab. Still no grid, brush diameter or depth preview, nor stroke lines in Retopo. Basically the same problems. Lion Laptop works fine though! :)

Excelsior!

Eric

Could you post this on Mantis (www.3d.coat.com/mantis) mark it as urgent, and then drop a note to Andrew to let him know how important it is to you, to get it fixed ASAP (support@3d-coat.com). If it's very urgent, he usually will drop what he is doing and try to get you a solution.

Yeah, I got the same problem. But I think it's a graphics card problem, not Mountain Lion. It works on my Macbook Pro Retina with Nvidia card, but not on my iMac with Radeon. It didn't on 10.7 either, now they are both running on 10.8.1. Latest version of 3D-Coat (3D-Coat-V3-7-18C).

And yes, it is quite important to fix that bug. Use my Wacom with the iMac.

Tried registering on Mantis now, but it must be very slow. Have not gotten any e-mail back yet.

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah, I got the same problem. But I think it's a graphics card problem, not Mountain Lion. It works on my Macbook Pro Retina with Nvidia card, but not on my iMac with Radeon. It didn't on 10.7 either, now they are both running on 10.8.1. Latest version of 3D-Coat (3D-Coat-V3-7-18C).

And yes, it is quite important to fix that bug. Use my Wacom with the iMac.

Tried registering on Mantis now, but it must be very slow. Have not gotten any e-mail back yet.

Yeah, I bought nothing but ATI cards for years...thinking I was getting more bang for my buck. But I noticed that some features on the compositing application I was using, Combustion, just flat out would not work. I tried researching for fixes and workarounds online, but couldn't find squat.

Just as an experiment, I went out and bought an NVidia card (was going to turn it back in for a refund if it didn't help). BAM...fixed, like nothing was ever wrong in the first place. Needless to say, I kept it and sold my ATI on EBay. Haven't even considered an ATI since.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything I can do or test to help fixing this issue with Mountain Lion/AMD?

About my last post and the hanging file (above). If I open in 3.7.18C an existing 3DCoat file that is containing a low Poly model with a texture resolution of 8192 or higher than the program just freezes. 3.7.08B does not have this problem. I relize that this has nothing todo with the current topic: No Grid, Brush Diameter, Brush Profile, etc. Sorry for merging it into this topic.