3DCoat Forums

first head in 3d coat

tortoro

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt in 3d coat.

I sculpt the mesh but I have a problem when I render because the original geometry of the mesh doesn't match the new one when I displace it.

Trying to fix that.

It is a part of a whole character that I'm trying to sculpt :)

Advice and comment are welcome

post-723-1209805399_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt in 3d coat.

I sculpt the mesh but I have a problem when I render because the original geometry of the mesh doesn't match the new one when I displace it.

Trying to fix that.

It is a part of a whole character that I'm trying to sculpt :)

Advice and comment are welcome

Very good! I like it. I think small skin details should be add to get realistic effect.

Also, please describe more what kind of problem you have met, mayebe I will be able to help to solve it.

Very good! I like it. I think small skin details should be add to get realistic effect.

Also, please describe more what kind of problem you have met, mayebe I will be able to help to solve it.

Hi ,

Thank's for your reply,

The displacement is applyed on the original lightwave mesh, but I sculpt it in 3d coat so I have wrong deformation for example on corner of the lips.

I would like to know if there is a way to get lower modified geometry from 3dcoat to lightwave.

By the way if someone know a way to handle multiple displacement map and uv in lightwave let me know I try since 3 hours and every displacement map I put affect the whole object (I have different surface and uv for this object and I'm using the node tutorial from newtek + an add node to combine several displacement node)

Andrew, I'll put more details on the head with colors and spec as soon as I found the solution to handle all the other probs :rolleyes:

• Reputable Contributor

Have you tried exporting the model using the export model option and not the export low poly mesh with original positions. In the export model options uncheck use source positions and pick positions from layer zero. Now your low polygon original model keeps the higher polygon look as much as the original number of lower of polygons will allow. I have found this helps with displacement at least in Carrara. It's worth a try if you have not done so. Here is my texture baking tool settings. You have a great looking sculpt there so I hope you can quickly resolve this issue.

*edit , had to remove the image due to needing to update an image in the beta section. will return it when I can.

It is working, just a minor prob with the position of the model who is centered so you must move it to it's original place.

Now i've just to find a way to handle the multiple displacement inside lightwave.

Thank you again