3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Reputable Contributor

The shape additions are going to be a very welcome addition. You can import the shape (EPS only, for now), and click on the Spline draw mode of choice in the E-Panel, to convert the shape to a spline with control points, etc. Really nice. The Pose Tool works/deforms MUCH better now, too.

• Advanced Member

Many thanks Andrey for the update! Particularly for the font, it became much nicer aesthetically. Tomorrow will update localization :)

I can't agree.

I've just opened the new relase and therefore can not comment on any of the other features yet but I found the old

font appearance more elegant.This one renders too fat and not very sharp on my monitor - the difference is quite

dramatic. I can understand that a change was necessary for Unicode/new languages but maybe some further tweaking

was possible?

I can't agree.

I've just opened the new relase and therefore can not comment on any of the other features yet but I found the old

font appearance more elegant.This one renders too fat and not very sharp on my monitor - the difference is quite

dramatic. I can understand that a change was necessary for Unicode/new languages but maybe some further tweaking

was possible?

I may provide font like old one for comparison. I really don't know what is better.

Main reason was unicode, not font shape itself.

I may be missing something, but I am having all kinds of trouble installing. I keep getting this error message.

Probably need reboot.

• Advanced Member

I may provide font like old one for comparison. I really don't know what is better.

Main reason was unicode, not font shape itself.

Thanks Andrew. Yes, I understand. I attach just one sample where the new font looks too fat.

It nearly doesn't fit the buttons.

post-575-0-60580300-1385730738_thumb.jpg

Look at the big dot in the center. Hover mouse and all should be clear.

Everything is there - numerical control, rotation and all.

oh wow !! thats cool

very helpful... TY ! 

RMB = Show Gizmo ON/OFF

Press and HOLD LMB over any icon handle and then press space bar = show numerical control

any other control to use ?

oh wow !! thats cool

very helpful... TY ! 

RMB = Show Gizmo ON/OFF

Press and HOLD LMB over any icon handle and then press space bar = show numerical control

any other control to use ?

Thanks!

No other controls. Is it visible enough? Maybe do point bigger?

Control icons are in textures\icons\wicons.png

• Contributor

I'll have to see about the general stability but so far I like the changes:

-Symmetry dot finally useful :) Tnx.

-Selection based tools finally nice to use (not that awful lag tnx to multithreading).

-Light color fixed, no guessing work to have the opposite color :)

Oh, and I prefer this font over the old one, easier to read and looks more standard, maybe the size is a little bit too high, but that can be discussed as the UI being too "cramped" too...

• Contributor

Andrew bug affecting  to global space/to uniform space is not fixed on my side in 4.0.10. :(

Please upload version with fix asap ,I waited all week to be able to work again and I really need those 2 functions to work properly.

Build without bug is probably too old for me to use(and I don't even know which build that would be anyway.)

http://3d-coat.com:8081/mantis/view.php?id=1301

Andrew bug affecting  to global space/to uniform space is not fixed on my side in 4.0.10. :(

Please upload version with fix asap ,I waited all week to be able to work again and I really need those 2 functions to work properly.

Build without bug is probably too old for me to use(and I don't even know which build that would be anyway.)

http://3d-coat.com:8081/mantis/view.php?id=1301

Does both global/uniform not working?

Please check.

On my current tests I found ToGlobal works always and ToUniform fails sometimes on instances.

edit: reproduced, I will try to reupload.

• Contributor

Does both global/uniform not working?

Please check.

On my current tests I found ToGlobal works always and ToUniform fails sometimes on instances.

Both are buggy.

Please try with attached file in mantis report (just a simple default sphere transformed a little)

Use global/uniform *multiple times* you will see the object changing positions,and scales....

Both are buggy.

Please try with attached file in mantis report (just a simple default sphere transformed a little)

Use global/uniform *multiple times* you will see the object changing positions,and scales....

Are you using 64/CUDA/DX ? In case I will not be able to do complete rebuild, I will post just exe.

• Contributor

Andrew, something was changed on liveclay brush routine ? I feel like I've a bit more control over the way the surface is modified around the brush, like it's more progressive (thus easier to control)...

I dont see any difference.

• Contributor

Generally delay between user input and visual feedback decreased twice.

I see now,using sharp LC preset brush over already tesselated areas on a 2millions bust Its much less laggy than previous incarnation.

Very noticeable and strong improvement. :)