3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

64-bit build reuploaded to 4.0.10A. Please check if fixed.

Both functions dont mess up object positions/scale. :)(most important issue for me)

To uniform works perfect.

But To global space gives 2 different results: 1 after first try ,second result after second try.

Second result is permament.

It is not worth reuploading another time but it worth investigating why  there is 2 different result.

(again I used mantis report simple transformed sphere attached file)

Thanx for quick fix.

Edit:nevermind its just old issue of symmetry plane being "recropped", volume space is exactly the same between 1st and second

try.very minor issue.

• Contributor

I see now,using sharp LC preset brush over already tesselated areas on a 2millions bust Its much less laggy than previous incarnation.

Very noticeable and strong improvement. :)

Noticeable gain when doing "organic" hard surface sculpts :) I see a bump in precision on my predator armor for instance.

@HunterWolf and BeatKitano

Ops! work leaked  :blush:  yes, is something I started to work but is unfinished, so currently is disabled, somehow GUI still is active, sorry.

Torno is the spanish for Lathe and also for the machine to make it, :D  so what I aim in this implementation is something a bit different

Seems that nothing escape the gaze of users ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Andrew! I really like the 2D grid enhancements. Good stuff. Lots of bug fixes, too. I'm glad to see more focus on existing systems and bug fixes, for sure. It really brings a nice level of polish to 3DC. :)

• Contributor

Another think I like on this build: energy conservation is better on smoother tool with preserve surface on :).

Makes cleaning up tesselation bumps much easier without destroying your shapes.

Generally speaking smooth seems to make a better job but that may be me since I almost stopped used it for a while.

• Advanced Member

loading splines dialog got major improvement, now it is possible to place splines in space and import them as 3D - shapes.

As a Mac user and therefore waiting to test the update I was wondering if someone could illuminate a little more on this function ? Sounds very interesting.

• Reputable Contributor

Has anyone else noticed this?

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1330

Are you using these sections in the picture of the renderer's settings for your static final rendering. The rays per frame is adjustable.

From your statement it seems you were talking about the realtime rendering in the 3D viewport but I could be wrong.

The realtime rendering in the viewport is always updating depending upon what your are doing, moving, changing shaders etc which you know already. I have not noticed any glitches in the realtime renderer in the 3D viewport for the Linux OpenGL version of 3DC so it could be a Windows issue either DX or OpenGL.

post-518-0-61561300-1386038109_thumb.png

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

The gizmo is an interesting feature. I don't know if it's possible, but at the least it's not terribly obvious, to do a uniform scale with it. Also, I shouldn't have to chase it around the screen, if I can move it off screen when I'm moving around my model to get the angles and such I want with my mask I'm not likely to use it over the bar that stays stationary up top.

• Contributor

Are you using these sections in the picture of the renderer's settings for your static final rendering. The rays per frame is adjustable.

Yes, I do use 32-bit rendering.

3D Coat uses Rays per frame only when rendering a sequence. For stills this parameter is ignored.

From your statement it seems you were talking about the realtime rendering in the 3D viewport but I could be wrong.

I am talking about both: real-time and standard rendering.

The realtime rendering in the viewport is always updating depending upon what your are doing, moving, changing shaders etc which you know already. I have not noticed any glitches in the realtime renderer in the 3D viewport for the Linux OpenGL version of 3DC so it could be a Windows issue either DX or OpenGL.

I'm using DX CUDA on Win7 64-bit. On my machine rendering in OpenGL versions is even more buggy, so I never use them.

It's hard to explain, but it looks like there are some objects in the scene which somehow break shadows. After loading the scene, there are almost no shadows at all. Surfaces look bland and flat . If I temporarily change shaders of some specific volumes to a random one and back to their original shaders (in my scene these volumes are all parts of the peaked cap), shadows start to render correctly. But, if I then change shaders of some other objects, everything breaks again. I'll try to upload a video to Mantis to show what I mean.

P. S. I mostly use LambLight shaders.

Edited by ajz3d

inside render room... lights position are fixed to display ? or to object scene ? :huh:

//edit

i see the lights attached to display rotation, and they are relatives to display, not attached to the model scene coordinates

if i rotate the display... light rotate too -model dont rotate-

may be is better to have lights fixed to scene coordinates

I'm sorry, but I don't follow. We can choose between camera-attached or scene-fixed lights? How?

i see the lights attached to display rotation, and they are relatives to display, not attached to the model scene coordinates

may be is better to have the lights fixed to scene coordinates

• Reputable Contributor

Anybody else notice that there is a linear falloff using the stamp (e-panel) draw mode in Surface mode? It is supposed to be RADIAL falloff...not a linear falloff. What's odd is that if you switch to Voxel mode, the same draw mode creates a Radial falloff, correctly. It's only messed up in Surface mode.

I tried deleting the options.xml file and everything I could think of. No good.

• Contributor

may be is better to have the lights fixed to scene coordinates

Ah yes, this is how it works now. I'd prefer to have both options available. There are times when I need the lights to move with camera in order to inspect the surface, but most of the time I need them to be fixed in scene.

• Contributor

Anybody else notice that there is a linear falloff using the stamp (e-panel) draw mode in Surface mode? It is supposed to be RADIAL falloff...not a linear falloff. What's odd is that if you switch to Voxel mode, the same draw mode creates a Radial falloff, correctly. It's only messed up in Surface mode.

I tried deleting the options.xml file and everything I could think of. No good.

I just checked and it's radial for voxels and linear for surface mode. However, if I convert back to voxels, falloff stays linear.

• Contributor

I need to merge a 3B file and apply thickness with "Merge as skin" to a volume it contains. Turns out it's impossible for 3B, but at the same time it works for other file formats! :dash2:

Looks like a bug in Merge tool, because the volume is merged into the scene immediately after I select the file to import.

Is there any workaround for this?

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1333

---

Okay, I kind of found a so so workaround. At least to some volumes. If their poly count isn't too high, exporting them to obj seems to work.

Edited by ajz3d

Updated to 4.0.11

- Airbrush - like tools will work even if you will paint one dot with them. First touch dot will always appear. It improves painting precission in general.

- Scripting got major update. Look documentation. Generally it allows to do non-destructive modeling with primitives. It is good to create parametric hardsurface stuff. Scripts may be inserted in any top menu section. Paint layers management via script introduced. Extended control over voxel scene allowed.

- To center mass/to bound center will work correctly for empty objects - it will take point from the summ of children.

- Pivot/transform should work correctly with empty parent layers.

- Several mantis problems solved

Mac/Linux builds will be ready today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

Hey Andrew, any word on when you'll get to Paint layer groups (as something that was mentioned in one of your posts)?

I may not do it right now because it is not small piece of work that may lead to temporary instability.

I intend to do only small & safe changes till 4.1 will be released. Then one of very first things is paint layer groups.

But if I will get good idea of how to do it safely, I may do it soon.

• Like 1