3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Hi

Surface paint

Using DT and LC, the mesh have high and low polygon density areas.

painting in surface mode at paint room... some painted areas keep superdetailed, some not

Is there any chance to solve it ? :huh:

Sculptris do a bake subroutine to allow it... bad thing: paint process can be reversed to sculpt mode again.

ty

note:

remember please to rename Voxel Room to Sculpt room

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1067

• Contributor

it seems issue I posted with screenshots about new RS mangling the topology always happens on same place on default male bust.

The sides of the top of the head.

If I use Rapid2 around this area I can almost always reproduce issue.

Hope that helps :)

post-1195-0-56262500-1387466251_thumb.jp

• Contributor

Ok,Here is another interesting thing.

Here I did smooth all (tangent,9.0)

and the mesh explode inward...

post-1195-0-20478400-1387467316_thumb.jp

I used resample beforehand.

Im attaching file ...you just need to use Smooth All  and its gonna explode... :)

explosion.zip

Maybe it will help you solve  other bugs that may be related to this.

• Advanced Member

attachicon.gifexplode.jpg

I used resampled beforehand.

Maybe it will help you solve  other bugs that may be related to this.

There is also some polygon explosion in case of Smooth brush. Take the Smooth brush and make it bigger than the ear deepening on the head and click on ear. You will see the polygon explosion inside the head.

6ovt.png

Hi :)

Ok, tomorow Andrew and I will seat in tandem and will fix remaining issues: Resample and creaseClay provisionally still uses previous splitting algorithm (to not mess too much with existing presets) but we see now is unsafe enough to migrate to new despite breaking some presets because stability is first.

Also regarding those Rapid2 wrong topology sometimes did you check is not caused by very little smooth value? see if increasing value fix it, because seems to me is a lacking in smooth.

• Contributor

Hi :)

Ok, tomorow Andrew and I will seat in tandem and will fix remaining issues: Resample and creaseClay provisionally still uses previous splitting algorithm (to not mess too much with existing presets) but we see now is unsafe enough to migrate to new despite breaking some presets because stability is first.

Also regarding those Rapid2 wrong topology sometimes did you check is not caused by very little smooth value? see if increasing value fix it, because seems to me is a lacking in smooth.

there is no smooth setting in rapid2,its not an LC brush,issue comes from the changes in RS.

In rapid2 brush smooth slider only affect shift key smooth brush trigger.

also I dont understand how resample would break a preset...its completely independent from brushes; its a voxel menu function.

I used resample beforehand.

Im attaching file ...you just need to use Smooth All  and its gonna explode... :)

Maybe there is a problem with the resampling function. If I open your mesh and resample at default settings before I Smooth All, the mesh is fine. I'm still using the last Mac release 4.0.11.

Btw, is there any reason why 3DC doesn't automatically reorder your mesh with even tris (like Tangent smoothing) whenever you resample? It's always a 2 step process for me whenever I need to resample a mesh. First I Resample, then I Smooth All to get a cleaner mesh.

Edited by SilverCity

• Contributor

I have some serious performance issues with the new 12B version when it comes to hiding and ghosting VoxTree volumes. Also, switching between some tools take a lot of time.
I reverted to 11A and everything works okay here.
Anyone experienced this too?

Edited by ajz3d

• Advanced Member

owbg.jpg

Rapid brushes corrupt the surface (create holes). Tried reconstruct/ close hole features, both had no effect whatsoever (close hole actually made the holes slightly larger). Painting the small area (red circle) with the "Reconstruct" brush projects the mask all over the place.

Might or might not have something to do with sculpting on an area where two surfaces on the same object are in close proximity to each other.

3D Coat 4.0.12B (Windows 8.1).

Edited by wilson66

• Reputable Contributor

Anybody else notice that the SELECT/MOVE tool in the Tweak Room is slower than frozen molasses? If you have multiple objects in the scene, and need to move them, once selected...trying to move the objects is nearly impossible. It's so laggy that there is no control. The gizmo isn't centered and you have no means to center it....it's just a total Soup Sandwhich. And that's stating it mildly. There is just no reason at all, for this room to be neglected this long. Either scrap it altogether or keep it up to date with the rest. The tools there are fossilized by now. Same thing with all the Opacity/Depth and Blending Panel Sliders. USELESS...why even have them, if they adjust as fast as paint dries?

I'm right back to the same position I've been in for years....enough with all the "Andrew, can we have this, Andrew can we have that?" We need to get all the broke stuff fixed FIRST...and there is a LOT of it. Can we get the stuff that SHOULD work already, fixed. There needs to be a strict consistency among all like operations, in the application. Such as the TRANSFORM tool. It should be identical in every workspace.  The Retopo Room's Selection tools should have the same gradient selection capability as those in the Tweak Room. And the SELECT/MOVE tool should be separated into 2 tools, like the Retopo room. All this inconsistency makes it hard on experienced and new users, alike.

There needs to be consistency in scaling above all. Right now, if you export a model out of the Paint Room > open a new scene > merge it into the Voxel Room, to try and do some sculpting....it either comes in super tiny or super large? What is going on here? I've mentioned this multiple times over the years and it is STILL NOT FIXED!

Edited by AbnRanger

• Contributor

owbg.jpg

Rapid brushes corrupt the surface (create holes). Tried reconstruct/ close hole features, both had no effect whatsoever (close hole actually made the holes slightly larger). Painting the small area (red circle) with the "Reconstruct" brush projects the mask all over the place.

Might or might not have something to do with sculpting on an area where two surfaces on the same object are in close proximity to each other.

3D Coat 4.0.12B (Windows 8.1).

Which rapid brush did u use (1 or 2)?

Was Removestretching activated?

I am absolutely unable to reproduce your issue after 2 hours sculpting...

I get mangled topology issue but no holes.

Please elaborate.

• Advanced Member

Curious - has the various reported issues of artifacts etc after using proxy mode now been fixed with this update?

Also:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

AbnRanger:snapback.png

Thanks, Raul. I noticed that if I have Vertex Paint applied to a model, and go back to use LiveClay to increase the resolution in an area, LiveClay deletes/destroys the paint information in the area I brush. It just started doing this with 4.0.11A

• Contributor

Curious - has the various reported issues of artifacts etc after using proxy mode now been fixed with this update?

I redid my previous gif/report with 4.0.12B, still present. I think if they fix Haikalle's bug it'll be gone.

Now I just hope the slider is coming next, cause I won't bother to test the next build, RS is useless as it is now. Feels like sculpting on mudbox with a 90M mesh...  except it's the tenth of that...

I know it was in good intentions, but this confirm the saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

The color mixing issue is solved in the latest build you all have by now.

I know it was in good intentions, but this confirm the saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Problem is..it was actually broken, with old builds, if you deformed a lot the base mesh, for example with move, RS quality still was far from desired, new changes fixed that.

Today we fixed a lot of things in RS.

The bug related to cut ver LC was a very important bug spotted and I thank for that, but recent changes are not the culprit, they only expose it better, seems it was rooted long ago, so having a way to 100% reproduce it is an important step toward the solution.

is there an estimate for when you guys will go back on working on other parts of the software? like
painting, UV and UI?

No, estimate are misleadings and always things take longuer than planned to polish, but rest asured we are working non stop to make things better. Missing things and issues to be improved are the fuel of our work but sometimes is good to look on achieved things and good accomplished tasks to raise our strength and moral.

Also considering I have less than 72 hours in Kiev is logical that Andrew was working with me in LC this last week neglecting other areas.

I redid my previous gif/report with 4.0.12B, still present. I think if they fix Haikalle's bug it'll be gone.

Now I just hope the slider is coming next, cause I won't bother to test the next build, RS is useless as it is now. Feels like sculpting on mudbox with a 90M mesh...  except it's the tenth of that...

Please don't worry. RS will be polished at least to degree when you will be actually very happy with it, no less. If it still will not be reached, it is easy just to revert.

Until that time please use previous build.

We are working on LC related stuff a lot now because Raul will leave us soon, so other task are postponed a bit now.

hey there. i havent been around reading all the posts so excuse me if this has already been answered.

is there an estimate for when you guys will go back on working on other parts of the software? like

painting, UV and UI?

After getting all to relatively well working state we will release 4.1 (free upgrade of course).

Then first order feature for paint room is Layers groups as in PS.

Of course it is hard to control all flow because sometimes something very urgent appears, but that are at least our short roadmap.

Andrew... Raul, ty for all

and Raul... i hope to see you back soon :D

Seems this time it will be easier to cowork even when Raul will get back to Cuba.