3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

I think Andrew will celebrate Christmas in January.  :) http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/russia/christmas-day

There was this question that our history teacher liked to ask us back in the late 90's: "When did the October Revolution took place"? The correct answer was: "In November". :)

Updated to 4.0.13

- Flatten clay got to well working state. Indent and regular smoothing introduced. Now this may be really useful and powerful brush.

- General brush got a lot of refinements, some sub-brushes was not working at all, now all works nicely. Regular (non - tangent) smoothing introduced there as well.

- Flatten works correctly with normals sampling>100%

- Picking the surface in LC-based tools fixed. It was not average point and sometimes was flying on some offset from the surface. Now it is much more predictable.

- Several problems related to voxel <-> surface transition fixed

- Several mantis bugs fixed

0001362 Tool preset names are not remembered by 3DC

0001360 Crash when changing surface tools presets

0001366 Relax in Retopo Room not functioning right w/ Symmetry on

0001365 Retopo_Welding_Deletes Faces

After 1-2 days of approving Mac/Linux builds will be uploaded as well.

• Like 2

• Contributor

Updated to 4.0.13

- Flatten clay got to well working state. Indent and regular smoothing introduced. Now this may be really useful and powerful brush.

- General brush got a lot of refinements, some sub-brushes was not working at all, now all works nicely. Regular (non - tangent) smoothing introduced there as well.

- Flatten works correctly with normals sampling>100%

- Picking the surface in LC-based tools fixed. It was not average point and sometimes was flying on some offset from the surface. Now it is much more predictable.

wow,more improvements... :)

Thanx

-Really,new FlattenClay is much much  better than previous iteration.One thing tough;but it does not work in inverted mode;when holding Ctrl indent should have a negative effect.I still like my SF/RS version better tough but a lot of cool polishing brushes could be made from this version.

- LC surface sampling feels much better now,hardly never skip any surface.

• Advanced Member

Is there a reason for the Quad tool snapping to edges instead of snapping only to vertices?

Does somebody find it useful?

You can enter an edge loop in Points and Faces mode by holding down Cntl.  Perhaps that can be expanded to allow a .5 snap by holding down Cntl + Alt or Cntl + Shift.

• Contributor

Here are 2 new LC presets:

-LC Claybuild (can replace the one I made using rapid2 for users who likes LC over RS,

it works pretty well and is proportional in inverted mode,and build up pretty easily on continous motions)

-LC Smooth (to smooth small bumps,irregularities that always happens sometimes when working in lowdensity with LC and are near impossible to smooth using other smoothing tools)

LC BuildClay and LC Smooth.3dcpack (reuploaded,a setting got messed up )

Im currently working on multiple Polish brushes (akin to ZB polishA,B,C,D)

I will upload them once they are attuned.

Updated to 4.0.13

From what I understood from Raul when he first made Gbrush is that Improve and ImproveRealtime checkbox were supposed to force some RS behavior in brushes...I never saw any changes with either of them on/off. Are they working? maybe I dont understand what they do.

• Contributor

there seem to be an issue with Generalbrush where Flatten curve will either gets greyed out or will borrow the flatten curve of previous preset,

As you can see in picture the curve is greyed out and uneditable,I dont know what exactly trigger this.

post-1195-0-20291400-1388328739_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

i see this thread coming up alot.

and the workflow video's talk about all the new features and artmans brushes say that they should only be used with 4.0.06A. while the latest stable release is 04 something.

so im just curious if i should start keeping up the beta's while learning? or are there too many bugs for regular workflow?

Basically: if you use 3d coat proffessionally do you keep 2 installs, one stable and one beta, or is the beta generally good enough for everyday use?

• Advanced Member

I came across an error when using the surface mode.  I started 3d-Coat and entered the surface mode.  I choose the cube and then selected "Apply" in the "Tool Options" window.  Nothing happened and 3d-Coat became unresponsive.  I ended up killing the program as it has used up all my computer's memory and had started to use swap.  

This is on Fedora 20 64-bit system with 8 Gbytes of memory and version 4.11 of 3d-Coat.

Greetings,

I am having real problems getting a working download of the Betas. They keep reporting "NSIS Error-Installer Integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media."

I have tried different browsers, computers and networks.

Any hints appreciated.

Kevin

Greetings,

I am having real problems getting a working download of the Betas. They keep reporting "NSIS Error-Installer Integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media."

I have tried different browsers, computers and networks.

Any hints appreciated.

Kevin

What is size of downloaded file? Please tell full name of file and exact size.

• Contributor

Updated to 4.0.13A

- Regular smoothing in LC

- All modes in General brush work correctly with symmetry

- Flatten curve problem solved

Thanx :)

still getting holes using LC in 13A tough,this time FlattenClay was used.

holes always looks like this...

I think it dont happen in 12F but I will try to get one in 12F today with long sculpting session.

post-1195-0-67895300-1388587092_thumb.jp

EDIT:

its really a 13/13A issue it seems...I am really not able to get those holes in 12F.Something must have changed that create this.

Thanx :)

still getting holes using LC in 13A tough,this time FlattenClay was used.

holes always looks like this...

I think it dont happen in 12F but I will try to get one in 12F today with long sculpting session.

attachicon.gifhole4.jpg

EDIT:

its really a 13/13A issue it seems...I am really not able to get those holes in 12F.Something must have changed that create this.

May it be caused by general brush? Could be sooo good to identify what brush causes this.

• Contributor

May it be caused by general brush? Could be sooo good to identify what brush causes this.

One time it was LC brush,one time it was CreaseClay,one time Flatten Clay...but maybe General Brush did something to the surface beforehand  for the issue to happen with other brushes.But one time using Undo/Redo it clearly was LC base brush that caused the hole.

Anyway, I will try to reproduce using only one brush (GB,LC ect...)

What is size of downloaded file? Please tell full name of file and exact size.

Sorry for the delay. The .exe file shows 283,857,277 bytes (283,860,992 bytes on disk)

When I double-click the corruption message. I tried using an unzip operation and that did extract it. I copied the files over the existing install and it "seems" to be working. I have had this issue with several of the builds.

Thank You,

Kevin

post-21705-0-65435000-1388609382_thumb.p

Edited by splinetime

• Advanced Member

Maybe this is off base, but maybe it can help.

If I blow out the depth settings, and use a click/stroke like a "swat" at the object, all the brushes will produce a gridded texture that's torn. Brushes with a more dramatic shape will tear more.

You may just say "what do you expect from crazy values", but I thought it may relate to "sometimes it tears"....

Anyway...

• Reputable Contributor

Hi

I think that "Copy tool" does not work in 4.0.13A

It seems to be disturbed to automatic pick

windows8 64bit

intel corei7

nvidia GTX670

with cuda

Is this topic good here?

With the COPY tool, you need to create a separate layer > then brush select the part you want to copy. If you are on the same layer as the one your are trying to create a copy FROM....it won't do jack. It creates that copy onto your blank/new layer. Some tools will create a new layer for you, but COPY isn't one of them.

Edited by AbnRanger

With the COPY tool, you need to create a separate layer > then brush select the part you want to copy. If you are on the same layer as the one your are trying to create a copy FROM....it won't do jack. It creates that copy onto your blank/new layer. Some tools will create a new layer for you, but COPY isn't one of them.

Thank you for quick response.AbnRanger.

This is the movie that i tried it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftjgmje1m1a11wc/copy_tool_bug.wmv

When I am trying to it,  reference is autopicked.

Sorry for the delay. The .exe file shows 283,857,277 bytes (283,860,992 bytes on disk)

When I double-click the corruption message. I tried using an unzip operation and that did extract it. I copied the files over the existing install and it "seems" to be working. I have had this issue with several of the builds.

Thank You,

Kevin

Size is correct. Do you have good antivirus? If checksumm changed it may be

1) virus problem

2) HDD problems

Try downloading 13A