3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

Updated to 4.0.14B

- Specularity blending modes introduced

Excuse me Andrew, but I think you forgot about the most important and the most basic specularity blending mode - standard blend:

Result = SpecularityOfTheLayer.

Edited by ajz3d

Здравствуйте, могу я сделать пару предложений для улучшения рабочего процесса? 

1. Это резолюция LC кистей. В 3d coat очень удобно что на правую кнопку мыши быстро и эффективно можно менять масштаб и силу кисти, в работе с LC этого не хватает, если сделать чтобы при нажатии ctrl+shift+правая кнопка мыши и вести лево право менялась резолюция кисти , думаю это было бы удобно.

2. Это кисть сглаживания , проблема в том что если выбрана альфа с маленьким радиусом как в кисти Sharp то при сглаживании кисть Smooth берет ту же альфу и сгладить такой кисть что то очень трудно, я хочу предложить сделать рядом с галочкой Auto pic (Авто выбор слоя) сделать галку " Save smooth brush" то есть сохранение настроек кисти сглаживания.

3. Сама кнопка Auto pic (Авто выбор слоя) , в положение активно очень часто бывает случай что случайно задев слой придать ему не нужную деформацию, может стоит сделать чтобы при выборе слоя было необходимо отпустить кнопку мыши и только после этого его можно было деформировать, то есть кликнул на него отпустил и снова кликнул.

4. Действие назад (ctrl+z) довольно долго думать , это создает небольшой дискомфорт.

5 . Скрытие мешей, довольно не удобно клацать на каждый глазик чтобы скрыть или показать каждый меш, можно делать группы конечно но это не всегда практично , в Photoshop или Blender достаточно нажать на один скажем глаз и просто провести мышь вниз или в верх не отпуская кнопки мыши чтобы скрыть все слои которые попадут под курсор.

Спасибо.

Excuse me Andrew, but I think you forgot about the most important and the most basic specularity blending mode - standard blend:

Result = SpecularityOfTheLayer.

Ok, I will add it as "Overwrite"

edit: making "overwrite" is problematic because if layer is not present in this area and has "overwrite" blending it may not influence in this area and can't overwrite specularity to zero. Sort of ladder artifacts will appear.

• Contributor

Ok, I will add it as "Overwrite"

edit: making "overwrite" is problematic because if layer is not present in this area and has "overwrite" blending it may not influence in this area and can't overwrite specularity to zero. Sort of ladder artifacts will appear.

I'm not sure what are you trying to say Andrew. Could you explain it a little bit more and show these artefacts you mention? Why painting colours in Standard Blend mode doesn't produce them?

Edited by ajz3d

I'm not sure what are you trying to say Andrew. Could you explain it a little bit more and show these artefacts you mention? Why painting colours in Standard Blend mode doesn't produce them?

There is easy rule for potential blend mode:

- if layer specularity is Zero it should not affect underlying layers.

Othervice there will be ladder between edge of pixels where layer value is Zero and where layer is absent.

Overwrite does not satisfy this condition.

Updated to 4.0.14C

- Surface Clay modified a bit to increase predictability (now it does not lift surface)

- Buildup tool changed to correspond to it's description and to be good start point for building surface.

- Pose tool corrected to avoid problems of switching between FFD and regular mode.

- two new specular blending modes - Overwrite and Alpha-blend. Overwrite acts only if specularity is above zero.

- UI stability improved, solved several problems that may lead to crash.

• Like 2

Hi

Pose Tool in Voxel Mode:

- cant see smooth fall off colors anymore (solved)

/edit:

Resetting the default shader solve the problem

- Selecting with "select by pen", move the gizmo center point over the selection and perform a pose

Now if you subtract or add any zone -using ctrl+drag- the gizmo center point jump to any position... it not keep the old position or jump over the new center mass

- If after add/subtract a zone you use rotate -like example- the gizmo change the center randomly, but the gizmo icon doesnt show the new center.

The gizmo graphical representation keeps in place... but the software internally had changed the gizmo center point

it moves alone deforming the selection.

Undo and pose again solve the issue.

Important Info:

There are currently a lot of resolved issues in Mantis. To all mantis users: Please support us and check your personal resolved issues. If possible, set them to "Closed" please. If not, please set them to "Feedback" and describe the problem.

This makes the development overview much easier and motivates the coders. ;)

Thank you very much

Chris

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to 4.0.14C

- Surface Clay modified a bit to increase predictability (now it does not lift surface)

- Buildup tool changed to correspond to it's description and to be good start point for building surface.

- Pose tool corrected to avoid problems of switching between FFD and regular mode.

- two new specular blending modes - Overwrite and Alpha-blend. Overwrite acts only if specularity is above zero.

- UI stability improved, solved several problems that may lead to crash.

Thanks Andrew, but the download speed is horrendously slow (about 30-80kb/s). I ran a download speed test, and it's running around 20mbps. Is there still something wrong with the server?

Edited by AbnRanger

• Contributor

500? Are you sure about that? SSD's can transfer data that fast...but even the fastest IP's only offer about 30-50mbps download speeds. Maybe you mean 500Kbps?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820248016

Duh! Yeah, kbs. I do get 2100 kbs from The Economist which is the fastest in my personal experience.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Im currently using Stamp mode in vertex paint and Im encountering 2 big issues with it.(probably issue is in other modes too,but i did not try)

1)The Stamp is applied dozens of times while Im dragging the scale ...like a trail...its impossible to drag/scale an alpha image with it like in zb/mb.

The way it should work is: Stamp is applied when dragging is released....not while dragging.This is the way it works in zb/mb/mari.

Otherwize its impossible to drag images on mesh without creating ugly trail mess...

2)Undo does not work when I try to undo that big trail mess.

Do anyone also experience this?

• Advanced Member

I need 1,5 until 2 hours for download, nearly 40 minutes for 100MB .... Its just a bad provider in my village, yes its not good to want be a CG ARTIST in a small village. But I think, that this year I will move in a city (I'm from Germany). I have 384kbits download and very bad are my uploads - 64kbits :(

But I have a problem with my current project:

I did used MULTI-RESOLUTION, for better hardware-performance. But now, if I want reset the MULTIRESOLUTION into the original STATUS, 3DCOAT did delete all objects in this layer, and I have an empty layer. Hmmmm ....

• Reputable Contributor

I need 1,5 until 2 hours for download, nearly 40 minutes for 100MB .... Its just a bad provider in my village, yes its not good to want be a CG ARTIST in a small village. But I think, that this year I will move in a city (I'm from Germany). I have 384kbits download and very bad are my uploads - 64kbits :(

But I have a problem with my current project:

I did used MULTI-RESOLUTION, for better hardware-performance. But now, if I want reset the MULTIRESOLUTION into the original STATUS, 3DCOAT did delete all objects in this layer, and I have an empty layer. Hmmmm ....

Which build are you using? Andrew mentioned reecntly doing some work on Cached layers to try and prevent issues such as this. Wouldn't hurt to send him the file, though.

• Like 1

Paint room

Paint a object

change Opacity level % (the value left blend modes)

Do undo

UNDO change the level value 1 by one

if you change the number from 100 to 0... undo is doing 99 steps changing the opacity levels

please any1 will confirM ?

ty

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Andrew,  could we have a hide function shortcut for the transform tool? Placing smaller details is visually difficult when the transform gizmo gets in the way/ obscures the view.

With emphasis currently on improving existing features - a hide function for the transform tool would be most welcome.

• Advanced Member

Paint room

Paint a object

change Opacity level % (the value left blend modes)

Do undo

UNDO change the level value 1 by one

if you change the number from 100 to 0... undo is doing 99 steps changing the opacity levels

please any1 will confirM ?

ty

Can confirm to an extent, it doesn't actually take me 99 steps to undo, but it does take me a variable range of 30-50 undos, which is still far too many from what should only be one. It seems that it counts at every point that the slider reaches a value and the image updates as a result of it and counts that as a step instead of waiting for the user to release the mouse button. Just a shot in the dark there, but from my experience that seems to be what's happening. Since my computer is more than likely much slower than yours Carlosan, that would explain why it would take me less undos as my computer can't update the image as quick as yours. Again, just a theory, but maybe it helps!

• Advanced Member

Which build are you using? Andrew mentioned reecntly doing some work on Cached layers to try and prevent issues such as this. Wouldn't hurt to send him the file, though.

I use 4.0.14A CUDA/DX/64 bit, Windows 7 ...

I'm soryy dear AbnRanger, but my Internet is to worst for sending large files. :cray: