3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

Updated to 15D

- voxtree visualisation solved

- scripting changed a bit, color commands + ui element check to get array size

I noticed you made unfold of branches when picking ...cool!! very useful when children is hidden in big jungle of layers. :)

Thanx!

Thank for making the UI more robust,Andrew, this is a point that might be improved on 3d coat, i will wait before to update, currently I am on 4.013A that is the most stable version to work with.

1.I also noticed another problem with my wacom, at some point 3dcoat switch from the native wacom driver to the stylus and tablet provides by window.

it make the pan navigation, unable to work, i have to switch on any other app, like Chrome, and then come back on 3dcoat so the pan is enable again.

2.Another problem with the viewport and tha tablet, is about the two icon on the top of the viewport , to PAN and rotate, it acts exactly as light wave modeler, when you have the input device set to mouse, and you are using the tablet with the naviguation icon on the top right corner of the viewport.

3. can you update the steam version , because the steam_api.dll is missing and steam work is enable to link the app to the community hub, steam is a very nice place with a lot of game developers, it would be great to maintain an activity and posting some guide and video and some better screen capture, that do not give an good feedback of the app, with the noob work that are displayed on the hub.

Nicolas

Seems (1) is highly depend on drivers and I have no control over this :(

From F.A.Q. -

3D-coat works well with 64-bit drivers 6.08-4 from this page: http://www.wacom.com/downloads/drivers.php

2 - Not understood

3 Steam version will be updated simultaneously with 4.1

• Advanced Member

Fuzzzz,

I have had loads of probs with my Wacom Bamboo! Not sure if it is 3dcoats fault though.

After doing loads of google searches the best solution I found was this.( Cannot guarantee this is a fix ,but worth a try!)

Go to the windows start button. ( if you are Mac, I guess this will be irrelevant...I imagine!) 

type    services     in the search box the top result should  open up the bit in Windows you need. ( You can of course use the control panel to find this.)

Go down the big list and find "Tablet PC input service" and disable it. I think this stops some sought of conflict between wacom and windows.

( I have a feeling it sometimes switches itself back on again!!)

Disclaimer:- I have no real idea what I am saying when it comes to computer internals! :dash2:

• Applink Developer

New update is feeling really nice. Thank you.

One thing. Could .3b file include info about "show symmetry plane". First thing when I continue with my sculpt I need to uncheck this again and again. Thank you.  

• Contributor
void main(){
	int n=0;
	while(FieldExists("$ExtraLight::Color["+formatInt(n,"l")+"]")){
		n++;
	}
	string s="Amount of lights = "+formatInt(n,"l");
	ModalDialog(s,"");
}

Great, thank you.

One thing. Could .3b file include info about "show symmetry plane". First thing when I continue with my sculpt I need to uncheck this again and again. Thank you.  

Me too. It resets itself every time I restart 3D Coat.

Edited by ajz3d

@stusutcliffe

thx you alot, i forget about the possibility to just not start the service at all.

@Andrew

thnx for the quick answer

sorry for the point 2, as it seems that i forget to finish my explanation ^^

i would meant that, the pan, zoom, and rotation icons on the 3dcoat viewport, acts strangely 

when I used both of them with my updated wacom intuos 4( last driver). if i use the rotate , the model turn and turn and turn very fast, with the pan icon, i move so fast, and the camera of the viewport is very far from the model, same problem with the zoom icon.

• Advanced Member

3D Coat 4.0.15D crashes each time I click the 'Mark Seam' button in the retopo room:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raf1lt9umewmf00/crash.png

EDIT:

Issue resolved (kind of). Some of the polygons of the retopo object had a different color (vertices might not have merged correctly). I deleted those polygons and created new ones using the quad tool. Marking the seams works without causing a crash now.

Edited by wilson66

HI, Andrew, I was wondering is there a way to skip testing self intersections when importing surface mesh? Because I exported one, and I cannot import It because of selfintersections. But I do not care about them. I just want to import my mesh...

Merge into empty volume.

3D Coat 4.0.15D crashes each time I click the 'Mark Seam' button in the retopo room:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raf1lt9umewmf00/crash.png

EDIT:

Issue resolved (kind of). Some of the polygons of the retopo object had a different color (vertices might not have merged correctly). I deleted those polygons and created new ones using the quad tool. Marking the seams works without causing a crash now.

If you will provide scene that crashes, I will fix crash.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

very impressed with your fast response. You can download the scene file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dubagk0k2hj9hxf/3dcoat_scene_file.zip

Its a simple test scene. As you can see, there are a couple of blue retopo polygons that somehow cause issues. Just load the scene, switch to the retopo room, then click the 'Mark Seams' button.

This OPTIONS doesnt help ?

attachicon.gifOPTIONS.jpg

nope :)

because its will also change the speed rotation/scale on other navigation ways, i wanted to use this icon when the pan is disable because of the win tabletpc driver, but now I know how to disable the tabletimputservice its ok :)

for the ones who are looking for help to  disable the sevice.

Just open a cmd.exe with run as admin,and paste these two lines :

sc stop "TabletInputService" 
sc config "TabletInputService" start= disabled 

Thanks you guys:)

Updated to 4.0.16

- RMB menu shifted to right, items rearranged a bit to avoid random activation of commands whilesculpting.

- Flattern got CTRL action similar to clay to be able to buildup among flettering sessions.

- Crease clay works independently on pen's radius - extrusion is proportional to pen radius.

- InstallToMenu script problem fixed

- several mantis issues resolved

Mac&Linux updated to 15B

• Like 1

• Contributor

Updated to 4.0.16

- RMB menu shifted to right, items rearranged a bit to avoid random activation of commands whilesculpting.

- Flattern got CTRL action similar to clay to be able to buildup among flettering sessions.

- Crease clay works independently on pen's radius - extrusion is proportional to pen radius.

- InstallToMenu script problem fixed

- several mantis issues resolved

Mac&Linux updated to 15B

Ok I dont understand why you made extrusion is proportional to pen radius when using Creaseclay

its very weak with small radius and very strong with large radius,so if I work on the smaller details I need to crank extrusion value

and if I increase radius to do bigger details I need to move the slider back to a lower value.I dont see the use of this.

Even if I press the hardest I can with the stylus the extrusion is very weak if radius is very small,I have a hard time just sculpting eyelids for example,I need to use 4-5 strokes just to do one wrinkle....

it means I need to make 2 presets: one for small details and one for bigger details...

Radius should be affected by pressure...but I dont understand why would pressure be affected by radius.

BTw Depth slider should control extrusion and not an "extrusion modlator" slider hidden in tool option,it is not good for new users

(curves for extrusion would be great too)

slider called Creasing strenght should be added to avoid confusion

(slider would do what Depth slider currently do)...its just a matter of renaming and relocating those 2 sliders correctly.

It is misleading as Depth imply "extrusion" and not pinching/creasing strenght to users coming from ZB/MB ect...

(It could also be in top of UI instead of in tool options,there is some space left with that tool in the ui to add one more slider.)

I hope Im not too confusing :) ,basically Im just saying those 2 things should be swapped.

• Like 1

• Contributor

But making extrusion absolute and independent on radius makes extrusion very big with small pen radius and almost invisible with big one.

So, may be you used to it, but it is not correct.

Well,now its the opposite....extrusion with small pen radius are almost invisible. :rofl:

I dont want to do 5 strokes just to make an eyelid....even in Zb Damstandard is not that weak with small radius,

so maybe boost/balance it a little more...

Edit: ok,Ive been using it more and I agree it must not be absolute...I cranked Extrusion modulator to 35 and I get decent small details

extrusions...but i think its a little extreme that I need to use such a high value so maybe boost small detail proportion /strength 20%

also Extrusion modulator needs to slide to much higher value than 2. ....100 should be maximum of slider, 2 is absurdly small.

They are always closed. Complete preview clutters viewport, so I am shouwing it non-closed.

What do you mean?

post-10142-0-95490400-1393464959_thumb.j

I expect it closed to use voxextrude doing hardsurface modeling

look the corners, One is No closed so its rounded

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1428

• Contributor

Needed to say good things here (yeah it happens !):

-I agree with Artman, you need to crank the extrude modulator way to high to have effect on smaller radius, but it's a nice change nonetheless: no more hideous crack carving into the surface. More controlable. 

-Flatten is finaly useful (I see you read the brush what's wrong thread). Tnx. Much appreciated, I can finaly get rid of rapid 2 as the flattener/leveler.

-Menu position fixed: THANK GOD. If you watched my last sculpt stream you probably noticed how much a pain it was (I actualy jinxed a few things with clicks on the items with the unfortunate activation.) Ho I almost forgot: SEPARATORS ! Yeah !

So: Tnx.

Well,now its the opposite....extrusion with small pen radius are almost invisible. :rofl:

I dont want to do 5 strokes just to make an eyelid....even in Zb Damstandard is not that weak with small radius,

so maybe boost/balance it a little more...

Edit: ok,Ive been using it more and I agree it must not be absolute...I cranked Extrusion modulator to 35 and I get decent small details

extrusions...but i think its a little extreme that I need to use such a high value so maybe boost small detail proportion /strength 20%

also Extrusion modulator needs to slide to much higher value than 2. ....100 should be maximum of slider, 2 is absurdly small.

If I set it to 35 it just makes crazy nosy indented shape. I may increase indent valuability. Do you agree with:

1) Remove extrusion modulator, it will be controlled by Depth slider.

2) Instead of extrusion modulator there will be Pinch strength like in Pinch tool.

So, do you want to do it like Pinch but with dynamic tesselation?

Vote for this?

• Contributor

If I set it to 35 it just makes crazy nosy indented shape. I may increase indent valuability. Do you agree with:

1) Remove extrusion modulator, it will be controlled by Depth slider.

2) Instead of extrusion modulator there will be Pinch strength like in Pinch tool.

So, do you want to do it like Pinch but with dynamic tesselation?

Vote for this?

1)Of course...

2)Sure...but it should behave like current Depth slider,behavior is just perfect it is just misplaced/misnamed

I dont understand "do it like Pinch but with dynamic tesselation"...brush is already perfect.

Smaller details just need more strenght a little....I dont understand why you get crazy indent at 35,

here is picture of what I get at 35:

post-1195-0-16283600-1393606441_thumb.jp

as you can see smaller strokes are not even that extreme...

(please place both slider in upper Ui,there is enough place)

Btw:new UVs flattening kicks some serious ass...looks a lot like Zb UVmaster,Very cool! :)  especially on the extreme test.

Its definitely better than ABF.

• Contributor

Question: Is anyone bothered by the fact that cut-off tool output mechanical cutting ?

There's no substance to the edge that result from a substraction with this tool. It's "useless" unless you do a smooth all or local smoothing with shift. Cut-off is an awesome tool but it suffers a terrible lack of edge output parameter (something like a "bevel" or even a simple relaxing value). You can't bake anything anything that looks ok with such hard edges.

It doesn't bake well at all, and for sculpt it looks so precise and "machine like" it doesn't work on any object (even for 3d printing and product modeling: there's nothing in the world that can have this physical sharpness, except maybe razors :/)

It's really a shame cause this tool could be a major "shaper" asset, we already have awesome "add" tools with removestretching and even voxels but there's nothing that can be as organic (or man-made looking) for substractions.

Something that you can't find anywhere else at the moment (zbrush clip curves are limited and buggy if you don't mask a lot and slicecurves require lot of extra work with polygroups and capping/splitting etc)