3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Reputable Contributor

Have you deleted the Options.xml file, Phil? Maybe restart 3D Coat, cause I sometimes get unexplainable problems like this, and either one of those steps fixes it somehow. Pinch might look like Draw until you press a bit harder on your stylus..

Is there any word one when we might be seeing 4.1? There's a possibility I'll be teaching some character creation classes very soon and if that happens I'll be incorporating 3DCoat (assuming approval is given) into the class for the painting side of things.

Possibly you have Strength = 0

Ah so something did change with Pinch, there's a strength slider now.  It was at 0% by default, maybe the default should be higher. I brought it up to 100% and it's actin normally. thanks.

• Reputable Contributor

Ah so something did change with Pinch, there's a strength slider now.  It was at 0% by default, maybe the default should be higher. I brought it up to 100% and it's actin normally. thanks.

Yes, depth  was added in version... 4.0.06

"Pinch improved a lot - now it applies displacement + more accurate + separate pressure curves for depth and pinch"

I think we already had strength...

Edited by digman

• Contributor

Questions to Andrew or anyone else:

1)How do I change panorama image from view preferences,if I choose another image in preference menu the panorama stays the same.

2)How does environmental display work? In which mode?

I tried voxel mode with various shaders,paint room ect...when selecting Environment display from view menu nothing change,also I tried loading different Environment sphere maps from preferences and nothing happens..,,

thanx

• Like 1

• Contributor

Andrew would it be hard to implement vertex paint in SF/LC brush....this way we could make matching sculpting/color/spec and do great brushes ?

Is it something planned at some point in future on roadmap?

Also it would be great if one day paintroom Fill tool would somehow add depth to SF mode mesh too.Same thing for Materials tool color/depth/spec could be painted directly in SF mode ....

• Like 1

Maybe wrong place,
Is it possible to make ergonomy better by navigate in numericals imputs (like position:xyz, Size: xyz, and others...)
 just with Tab key, instead of have to enter the field x, type number for x, press OK for x and repeat this for y and z.
Naviguate, validate xyz by Tab should be more friendly.
Thank's for all your good job by many years on this soft Andrew.

• Advanced Member

In 17 and 17A, I keep getting a hard freeze (have to reboot, no cursor movement) when I go to the Render Room.  In 17, it was when I turned on "Real-Time Lighting," but in 17A, it's when I turn on wireframe and then try to turn the model.  Anyone else getting that?

This issue seems to be solved in 18.  Not sure why, but it works now.

However, it appears that symmetry while painting on the UV Texture editor doesn't work...can anyone else confirm for 18?

One other question...if deleting Options.xml fixes some issues that come up, why not have 3D Coat do this automatically each time it loads up...auto delete that file, re-establish that file in the process it normally does and then any other issues that pop up are strictly due to bugs?

Edited by alvordr

Andrew would it be hard to implement vertex paint in SF/LC brush....this way we could make matching sculpting/color/spec and do great brushes ?

Is it something planned at some point in future on roadmap?

Also it would be great if one day paintroom Fill tool would somehow add depth to SF mode mesh too.Same thing for Materials tool color/depth/spec could be painted directly in SF mode ....

This is planned for sure and will be done soon after 4.1.
  • Like 1

Questions to Andrew or anyone else:

1)How do I change panorama image from view preferences,if I choose another image in preference menu the panorama stays the same.

2)How does environmental display work? In which mode?

I tried voxel mode with various shaders,paint room ect...when selecting Environment display from view menu nothing change,also I tried loading different Environment sphere maps from preferences and nothing happens..,,

thanx

Use [Camera]->Choose panorama

We are in process of making principally new shaders with SSAO/SSS/PBR that are based on panorama.

• Like 4

great !

new shaders with SSAO/SSS/PBR let the user to build  their own Multilayer shader ? :huh:

0001036: Multilayer shader support

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1036

ty

----------------------------

note:

retopo > toGU works niceeeee

• Reputable Contributor

I can move sometimes my uv islands only a a few pixel wide, that is in my opinion a Bug in 4.017. Now I will test the new one, thnx so much ;)

Make sure the retopo group layer that those uv island faces reside on is not hidden. If the retopo group is hidden in the retopo group layer, then those islands will only move a couple of pixels....

Hiding a retopo group does not hide the uv-island or islands but does make those uv islands (faces) unmoveable...

I had the same thing happen to me once till I saw the retopo group layer was hidden...

Hopefully in your case it is the same...

Edited by digman

I've had that issue on the previous versions, but found it was that I has the layers off when trying to move the Islands. I don't know if that's your issue, but if the layers are on and it's still happening, then it sure sounds like a bug.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see digman answer already.

Edited by pgson

Ops! work leaked  :blush:  yes, is something I started to work but is unfinished, so currently is disabled, somehow GUI still is active, sorry.

Torno is the spanish for Lathe and also for the machine to make it, :D  so what I aim in this implementation is something a bit different

Seems that nothing escape the gaze of users ;)

Keep hoping on each beta I can get the PTEX to work from 3D Coat in to Mayas VIEWPORT 2.0 viewport realtime rendering. Viewport 2.0 renders super fast and renders PTEX beautifully. That is at least from Mudbox .ptex files I can render in Viewport 2.0. Iam not talking about the exported test_PtexPlane0_color.tga  type of files that get exported from 3D Coat. Those are not true ptex. Those jpg or tga files of course render in Viewport 2.0. Iam talking about the EXPORTED PTEX FILES via TEXTURES/EXPORT/COLOR TO PTEX files. Those are true ptex files that when I import in to Maya and render with Viewport 2.0 it is opaque with no textures. When I export a true .PTEX file from Mudbox as I mention renders beautifully. But not with the exported .PTEX files from 3D Coat. Been so wanting this for several years now. :)