3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Advanced Member

this has been fixed a while ago.

Please try latest build,

It works fine on my side in 4.1.03

I was using the latest build, but for some reason it was still not working, however, when I saved it under a different file name, it began working correctly, perhaps it was because I started this project in an earlier build and there were compatibility issues? In any case, it's working as it should now, sorry for the false alarm

Edit: Nevermind, it was working, but is not working once more here is a screenshot of what is happening post-37729-0-84014300-1398192441_thumb.p

Edited by GeneralAce55

3D-Coat 4.1.04 - Update

blog_update.jpg

Changes:

• Improvement: Split&Joints got delta distance between joints sides
  • Improvement: More safe cached volumes - Andrew vanished all known ways to destroy it (it was possible for example with Resample)
  • Improvement: Merge tool got "To main axis", auto-scale problem fixed as well
  • Fix: Fixed shaders crash

• Reputable Contributor

Anybody else notice that when you have multiple UV sets (Retopo or UV...it's the same), and hit CTRL + Z to UNDO....instead of Undoing the last operation, 3D Coat switches you back to the last UV set you were previously in?

Modify something while working on UV's > UNDO = switched to the last UV set instead. This happened in 4.1.03 and today, too, in 4.1.04

• Reputable Contributor

Maybe something going

Anybody else notice that when you have multiple UV sets (Retopo or UV...it's the same), and hit CTRL + Z to UNDO....instead of Undoing the last operation, 3D Coat switches you back to the last UV set you were previously in?

Modify something while working on UV's > UNDO = switched to the last UV set instead. This happened in 4.1.03 and today, too, in 4.1.04

Maybe something going on with UNDO in general... In paint room when I undo a few times (paint and depth), then 3DC grabs all the cpus at 100% not completing the operation.  I have to use system monitor in Linux to kill the 3DC process. This has never happened before...

Linux version 4.1.03, 64 bit non-cuda...

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Maybe something going

Maybe something going on with UNDO in general... In paint room when I undo a few times (paint and depth), then 3DC grabs all the cpus at 100% not completing the operation.  I have to use system monitor in Linux to kill the 3DC process. This has never happened before...

Linux version 4.1.03, 64 bit non-cuda...

Yeah...I've mentioned UNDO issues to Andrew before, but haven't heard or seen anything on that score. I still have times where UNDO just refuses to work. Just today, I had all kinds of funkiness going on with UNDO and paint layers

Love the new additions to the paint room layers. Right click on a layer and a whole bunch of options appear, like "Make Transparent", which is really helpful. Not quite sure how the "Flip Layer" option works though.

Thanks for your hard work Andrew!

4.1.04A

- chinese translation works correctly

- split&joints got gap not only in width but in depth as well

- CloseHole with rectangle works correctly

- STL-s from Solidworks (that actuall don't correspond to specification due to "solid" work at the beginning of binary STL) will be loaded correctly.

• Like 1

In paint room when I undo a few times (paint and depth), then 3DC grabs all the cpus at 100% not completing the operation.

Please download the latest build 4.1.04A and report is this problem reproducible on that build. Just tested “undo” on three different distributions and it works fine.

• Reputable Contributor

Please download the latest build 4.1.04A and report is this problem reproducible on that build. Just tested “undo” on three different distributions and it works fine.

4.1.04A has not been released as of today for Linux but will test as soon as it's ready for downloading.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Current Linux 3DC version 4.1.03 64 bit non-cuda.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Vis-s-vis 4.1.o4A, "Undo" works perfectly on my Win 7, backing up through several iterations.

Again, the problem was reported for Linux and not Windows

Sergyi is the Linux and Mac programmer. Distributions generally means for the Linux user that he tried several favors of Linux other than just Ubuntu...

From my first post about the problem:

"I have to use system monitor in Linux to kill the 3DC process. This has never happened before..."

I have been real busy and was just giving a heads up, so no mantis report yet but maybe it is fixed in the upcoming Linux version 4.1.04A. I will test and if I can reproduce the problem, I will post the steps to do so for sure because when it does happen it thrashes the H&^%ll out of my hard drive till I can kill the 3DC process. That takes awhile to do as all my cpus are at 100%.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Mac/Linux 4A is in downloads.

Is it possible that undo crash happens if:

- you are using 30+ layer?

- you running several coats simultaneously?

Thanks for the update. I only have a few layers and no 3DC simultaneously running.

I will test after some sleep and post here later...

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the update. I only have a few layers and no 3DC simultaneously running.

I will test after some sleep and post here later...

It appears so far that the undo problem has been solved in the new Linux version. 4.1.04A. If I have any more problems I will make a report but looks good so far. :)

• Contributor

I don't know for how long it's been like that but the image picker doesn't allow alt+mouse drag movement if the image picker is not docked. Could it be fixed to allow undocked use ?

I need this thing to be big enough to have a large preview and get all the details, but docking it would literaly make the layout unusable, and using the manipulator in undocked mode is very slow.

Btw you can do pretty dangerous thing with right click on floating panel (here activating item below the panel):

3dcoatReachThrough.png

• Advanced Member

4.1.04A

- split&joints got gap not only in width but in depth as well

You are AMAHHHHHHZING!! The joint tool was pretty good already - but this was the thing I thought... would be so cool if it had.  OMG! You added it so fast!

As always Andrew - you are so "the man!"

• Contributor

Andrew please fix those 2 issues when possible in 4.1.04A

1)camera shortcut unselect current preset

2)camera shortcuts mess up transform gizmo and uncheck "leave rotated axis"

Those 2 issues are really stealing worktime from me as I have to reselect and fix gizmo each time I change camera views and I need to constantly change camera shortcuts when I work..

Over long sculpting sessions i need to fix those literally, every 2 minutes it is really counterproductive  .... :(

Thanx.

Updated to 4.1.06.

It is BETA, there are several major changes:

- Layers groups introduced. Interaction with PS completely supported.
139913690735.jpg
- Primitives UI essentially changed to icon-based style.

139913715924.jpg
- Normalmap layer may be locally magnified or reduced with Magnify tool
- Text primitive supports bending, text may be conformed to surface using bending with pen click or "Conform to surface" button.
- bugfixes (mentioned by BeatKitano and artman)

• Like 2

• Contributor

First: Tnx for fixing the navigation issue in image picker.

Now onto more issues:

-Floating panel still trigger very dangerous thing (image picker is still one of those, see my previous post with picture sample), and it works with everything behind it (could delete voxtree object this way for instance..)

-New primitive is a nice idea, problem is it doesn't appear like yours on my side: 3dcPrimError.png

-New layer groups are very appreciated, but first thing I noticed: they lack the "closed" arrow when collapsed. You can't distinguish them from the rest of normal layers which is an issue.

Hi there.

Testing 4.1.06 -  Having similar issues as Beat;

1. When I open 3DCoat everything looks OK

2. File / New

3. Start screen panel appears, I pick a voxel scene with cube

*Problems start*

- Tools bar is in the center of screen

- When I try to move tools bar to left edge and while holding mouse button down and dragging, I start to see new primitve icons fill the viewport, overlapping each other

- When I release the mouse and tools bar is sized correctly on the left edge of screen icons vanish

- Shaders panel which is docked to right edge of viewport on my layout, start to automaticly scale, growing slowly wider and wider slowly (didn't wait what happens)

- New Primitives UI is visible but icons are floating as transparent icons their centers aligned to the top edge of the viewport

[EDIT]

I know very little about 3DCoat settings, but I tried Edit / Preferences -> "Restore Windows" and "To Default Settings", then restarted 3DCoat but it didn't help

This seems to happen every time I start 4.1.06.

System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, lots of RAM, GeForce GTX 470

Edited by blobby

• Advanced Member

hey so on the educational version, layer groups/folders appear to count as layers towards the maximum layer count you can have on the educational version.

i can create heaps of groups but cant create any more actual layers

I understand its beta so hopefully this is on the list of things to change. i.e. it doesnt count as a layer for the limit.

Edited by Boonta

• Advanced Member

Updated to 4.1.06.

It is BETA, there are several major changes:

- Layers groups introduced. Interaction with PS completely supported.

- Primitives UI essentially changed to icon-based style.

- Normalmap layer may be locally magnified or reduced with Magnify tool

- Text primitive supports bending, text may be conformed to surface using bending with pen click or "Conform to surface" button.

- bugfixes (mentioned by BeatKitano and artman)

OMG! can't wait to try it! I hope blending, opacity, spec & depth sliders work nondestructively on group folders as in my mantis request so long ago.  Thanks so much Andrew!