3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Reputable Contributor

I noticed also that when working on multiple objects (and multiple UVs) in retopo, ctrl-z always changes the current UV to the default UV. Once burned, twice warned: if you are not alert to this undesirable change, you will find your work is on the wrong UV.

Yep....and that gets on my last nerve. That is DEFINITELY a bug, cause it didn't start happening until the last several builds.

• Advanced Member

I was getting some crazy lag in 4.0 and 4.1 recently when i would change between tools (Within the same brush set ( i have noticed this also causes lag but that's another issue...)

but yeh i would get crazy lag switching from a brush to a eyedropper etc. the only way i managed to resolve it was to rebuild the scene (re import the obj and then import in layer colors psd...) 

i couldnt think of what triggered the lag as it was working great all day. The only thing i can think that i did differently was at one point i did a CTRL+P and sent my file to photoshop briefly then back again. not sure if this corrupted anything in the file? No ICC profile was saved at that point .. however i was initially using a psd that had a icc profile embedded? Just thinking out aloud as to reasons for causing it........

p.s. bug:  psd import still ignores a set opacity % setting in the file for layers. i.e. multiply layer @ 50% opacity will import at 100%  :(

Edited by Boonta

• Reputable Contributor

I was getting some crazy lag in 4.0 and 4.1 recently when i would change between tools (Within the same brush set ( i have noticed this also causes lag but that's another issue...)

but yeh i would get crazy lag switching from a brush to a eyedropper etc. the only way i managed to resolve it was to rebuild the scene (re import the obj and then import in layer colors psd...) 

i couldnt think of what triggered the lag as it was working great all day. The only thing i can think that i did differently was at one point i did a CTRL+P and sent my file to photoshop briefly then back again. not sure if this corrupted anything in the file? No ICC profile was saved at that point .. however i was initially using a psd that had a icc profile embedded? Just thinking out aloud as to reasons for causing it........

p.s. bug:  psd import still ignores a set opacity % setting in the file for layers. i.e. multiply layer @ 50% opacity will import at 100%  :(

Try downloading the latest build (4.1.07B), as Andrew did some work over the past several builds to make 3D Coat more compatible with PS. If that doesn't work, send an e-mail to support@3d-coat.com

He's currently working in the Paint Room, so if there are indeed issues in the app...not just an isolated issue on your end (ie., a buggered up OPTIONS.XML file), then it would be a good time to address it

I've been wondering for a while now, is 3DC mostly a weekend project for Andrew? Seems like updates are almost always on Saturday/Sunday.

3DC build and server uploads are mostly a weekend task.

a weekend project?? I really don't understand the meaning of this question.

Ah, I meant is the majority of work is done over the weekend? I'm not actually sure if Andrew works on 3DC fulltime or has another job asside from it.

Not trying to be rude, just seems like that's when Andrew mostly posts and when updates are released.

• Contributor

Ah, I meant is the majority of work is done over the weekend? I'm not actually sure if Andrew works on 3DC fulltime or has another job asside from it.

Not trying to be rude, just seems like that's when Andrew mostly posts and when updates are released.

How does the release day of the updates has anything to do with when the work is done?? :)  I dont understand the logic behind your question.

If betas were mostly released on tuesdays would it imply Andrew only work on tuesdays??

• Like 2

Updated to 4.1.08

- Chiesel/flattern got improvement - much more predictble trajectory and better quality. Normals sampling got better algorithm - normals are sampled along trajectory, not in just end spot.

- Noise tool introduced in surface mode with realtime preview and infinite details. Pay special attention to anisotropic mode. It is good for natural stones. In Normal mode it is good planet generator. This tool is only initial iteration for future noise tool, node editor expected there.

- Vertical lathe curve

- ui in primitives polished a bit (tooltips, icons).

- fixed very important problem that was happening sometimes (mostly depending on computer and OS, most frequent on Win 8.1) that was causing strokes screwing.

26 May - 5 June I will be in vacation - we will get rest on villa in Cyprus just with my wife. Romantic time :)

I will be there one day more, so if something awful will be found - I still will be able to fix.

• Like 5

Also has this small but welcome tweak: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1170

----

Speaking of moving layers, the current visual indicator for where the layer is to be dropped has always seemed sort of inexact to me. It highlights the layer that the one being moved to bill be next to, but it doesn't specify if it'll be dropped above or below it. A line between the layers showing exactly where it'll be dropped instead of a highlight seems to me like it would make far more sense:

HucC9Ps.jpg

Edited by PolyHertz
  • Like 4

Bug ?

Preferences

Show import thumbnails in start page

Select Surface mode

Head

Noise Generator Tool

Realtime Preview (<-- typo warning*)

Switching

ON

OFF

ON

Crash

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Noise destroy symmetry if isnt in VIEW MODE, any setting to avoid it ?

post-10142-0-28652300-1400977153_thumb.j

post-10142-0-15998300-1400977359_thumb.j

//edit

a save/load option will be cool

This is freaking time saver...

TY VERY MUCH !!

post-10142-0-06527400-1400979845_thumb.j

Rayman:

will you please try again and post the result ?

There was uploading a new version 8A

--------

note about version 8A

- head + noise bug = solved, ty ;)

- Noise destroy symmetry = solved

post-10142-0-96201500-1401024864_thumb.j

- Realtime Preview typo = solved

- Vertical lathe curve

Sorry but cant find the change... i was waiting this:

post-10142-0-38919500-1401024407_thumb.j

//edit

i forgot to say... noise respect freeze tool = cool

Updated to 4.1.08B:

- lathe vertical

- chiesel tweaked - solved problem with symmetry on CTRL action, alpha rotated along stroke and modulated so that shape is maximally accurate, normal orthogonal to trajectory, it allows to avoid too quick and irregular diving into surface.

This is last update before my vacation. I will fly tomorrow morning.

• Like 2