3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Radial Stamp in Zbrush is super slow. Maybe 3D-Coat programmers can create a faster Radial Stamp?

1. It must rotate each stamp on their own center-pivot when moving the mouse
2. It must "SHIFT horizontal snap" the rotation of each stamp on their own center-pivot to any 90° degrees it is closer to (if angle = 249 then snap to 270° ) when pressing SHIFT. Snap Angle should be configurable: like snap to every 45°, etc..
3. Each stamp must rotate as mouse is moved and stamps must be at 100% opacity, or radial fade per stamp if you feel like coding.

Edited by mercy

• Contributor

Version 4.1.09c

Every Usage of the Curve Tool in Surface Mode creates a new Preset of the Curve Tool on the next startup.

Could anybody confirm that?

How to.

1. Start in Surface Mode

2. Make a curve with the Curve Tool

3. Apply

4. Close and restart 3d Coat and you see a new Preset from that curve

Edited by Malo
  • Like 1

• Contributor

Same with Merge Tool in Voxel Room and all tools that are involved with the Merge Tool like Clone and Cut&Clone

Am i the only one that notice that new behavior?

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
Same with Merge Tool in Voxel Room and all tools that are involved with the Merge Tool like Clone and Cut&Clone

Am i the only one that notice that new behavior?

I can confirm this as well!

• Like 1

Anyone else seeing this. You can press 1 to see Relief Only. Pressing 7 should get you back to Low Smooth shade but for some reason I can't just hit 7, I have to click empty space first, then hit 7.  This is on a Surface mode model, not sure if that matters.

I'm having a major problem with the retopo room in 4.1.09c. I'm only doing some tiny nails for a character's hand. A few polygons each. It not only won't break into uv islands right, it crashes 3D-Coat when trying to add seams/unwrap every time.

I've tried this three different times, in three different, simpler ways. Same problem:

post-36621-0-29560300-1404824505_thumb.p

post-36621-0-66259700-1404824520_thumb.p

Uvs attempted to be applied:

post-36621-0-66233400-1404824545_thumb.p

Only one pair of them looks remotely right. The checkerboard island breakdown on the model shows the others are all screwed:

post-36621-0-48267300-1404824599_thumb.p

Even floating the mouse around in the menu causes crashes:

post-36621-0-89124600-1404824638_thumb.p

Adding seams eventually crashes fully it:

post-36621-0-41386500-1404824664_thumb.p

post-36621-0-88989200-1404824677_thumb.p

Pretty crazy. I've retopoed similar tiny/thin pieces before without any issue on previous versions, like multiple buttons and rivets. I just tested again adding seams to another mesh and unwrapping and it worked fine.

Windows 8.1

AMD 6300 processor

ram 12 gb

Radeon 7700

Edited by pgson

Same result. For a moment there, it seemed like it might be working better; 3D-Coat didn't crash, but the uvs were still screwed up. A second attempt at opening it and unwrapping caused it to immediately crash.

I was thinking maybe the reference mesh was the problem. But, it happens when I bring in just the retopoed mesh by itself.

Edited by pgson

• Reputable Contributor

Same result. For a moment there, it seemed like it might be working better; 3D-Coat didn't crash, but the uvs were still screwed up. A second attempt at opening it and unwrapping caused it to immediately crash.

I was thinking maybe the reference mesh was the problem. But, it happens when I bring in just the retopoed mesh by itself.

Use the MOVE VERTICES (should be Move Elements, because it moves edges, faces, loops and rings, too) to move some of the Verts around and see if you don't have some overlapping verts somewhere, that's wreaking havoc. Sounds like it might be that mesh. Another way to inspect it is to go to the Retopo Menu and choose "Select Faces" >

If you have overlapping verts or some stray verts, it will create a triangle or ngon. That tool will highlight any of those.

140485664460.jpg

Try reinstalling 3D Coat?  Have you had any driver (particularly graphics driver) updates, lately?

No to both. Haven't had any issues with retopology prior to this. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Use the MOVE VERTICES (should be Move Elements, because it moves edges, faces, loops and rings, too) to move some of the Verts around and see if you don't have some overlapping verts somewhere, that's wreaking havoc. Sounds like it might be that mesh. Another way to inspect it is to go to the Retopo Menu and choose "Select Faces" >

If you have overlapping verts or some stray verts, it will create a triangle or ngon. That tool will highlight any of those.

Thanks. I've sent you a pm with an obj of one of the tries at this. I've gone ahead, though, and taken the retopoed mesh into 3Ds Max to uv it. No issues there. In 3D-Coat, I was able to select the faces with no problems.

I am  thinking it might be due to the vertices being so close together, even if they aren't directly overlapping, as this is a tiny mesh with a very tiny edge to those nails, since they are fingernails, and it's that edge that's been the issue in adding seams. I know 3D-Coat (at least it used to) had issues with making really thin meshes. Maybe it's just having a hard time with that edge.

Edit: I should add, the mesh I sent doesn't have polygons for under the nail like my other tries did, which would be why I would need to add a seam to separate that portion. However, if you add a a seam anyway along the edge, the crash should eventually happen, and unwrapping the mesh, with or without seams, should still show the utter mess it becomes.

Edited by pgson

Andrew Shpagin @AndrewShpagin  ·  7h

Support of general symmetry done for all rooms. Making final cleanup

------------------------------------------------------

I guess the development of Layers masks ala PS will be begin next. ^_^

For questions about, or to make suggestions for review, please be welcome to share or discuss them here.

thank you very much :)

• Contributor

Andrew i posted to mantis a very major issue about Transform tool gizmo and switching room on 4.1.09A hope you find time to fix it before releasing

beta build with axial sym as I would really like to test it. Probably easy to fix issue.

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1537

Also could it be possible to have to "To main axis","To Center mass"and "To bound Center" inside Pose tool too.

Right now there is only "align to view",which makes it very diificult to work sometimes.

Especially when scaling  "to main axis" and "to center mass" are very important to preserve uniformity on the axis.

thanx

Also another issue,when using Transform tool, "To main axis" do not work correctly when voxel volume is empty(ex:empty parent layer),

Andrew Shpagin @AndrewShpagin  ·  7h

Support of general symmetry done for all rooms. Making final cleanup

------------------------------------------------------

I guess the development of Layers masks ala PS will be begin next. ^_^

For questions about, or to make suggestions for review, please be welcome to share or discuss them here.

thank you very much :)

After Layer Masks (or before preferred), UDIM support for real UV tiles, and no crazy work arounds or fenageling. Discussion was HERE but should be in this thread.

After Layer Masks (or before preferred), UDIM support for real UV tiles, and no crazy work arounds or fenageling. Discussion was HERE but should be in this thread.

Do we have a roadmap for 3DC?

There's a lot of little changes that should happen in the paint room after layer masks, but in terms of major improvements UV tiles and the issue I brought up last page should definitely be among the top priorities.

Edited by PolyHertz

Updated to 4.1.10

- general case of symmetry introduced. All tools but Autopo support new symmetry. Autopo support for miltiple mirrors expeted in next build.

- fixed gizmo problem in transform tool.

- fixed stamp mode problem in vxelmode.

This is first beta related to symmetry, so it is possible that you will find something that is not covered by new symetry. Please report to me.

• Like 5