3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

Another thing I'm noticing is that right click no longer zooms when holding alt.  It simply let's me adjust strength, which only used to work when you right click without Alt and on the sculpture itself.  Now I have to use the zoom icon near the top of the UI.

crestin.jpg

• Advanced Member
ok try pressing the resymytrize button in the voxel tree window that looks like 2 arrows stuck together

Thank you!! That did the trick :) I really appreciate the help!

• Contributor

Andrew, would it be possible to add sliders for FFD XYZ spans of FFD primitives and pose tool? 4x4 is very limiting. Also, cylinder's and tube's max is 2x4(!).

NxNxN is would be greatly appreciated (note: custom spans for three dimensions instead of just two).

Thanks.

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew, would it be possible to add sliders for FFD XYZ spans of FFD primitives and pose tool? 4x4 is very limiting. Also, cylinder's and tube's max is 2x4(!).

NxNxN is would be greatly appreciated (note: custom spans for three dimensions instead of just two).

Thanks.

+1. Please, please, please. :good: ...and the ability to reshape the FFD lattice, with point and segment level adjustments. Right now, one can only make very basic transforms to the whole lattice. It stays in rectangular form and that mean MUCH, MUCH less control for the user.

• Like 2

• Contributor

(...) and the ability to reshape the FFD lattice, with point and segment level adjustments. Right now, one can only make very basic transforms to the whole lattice. It stays in rectangular form and that mean MUCH, MUCH less control for the user.

+1 to this too!

• Advanced Member

Just popping in to say THANK YOU for the new radial symmetry options! This is a major feature, at least IMHO, that had been missing from 3DC for far too long. I absolutely LOVE it and really appreciate the fact it's finally been added.

I agree that "Show symmetry plane" should have been moved to the new dialog as well. Perhaps it might also be more conveniant if pressing the hotkey a second time would close it as well? Right now it always pops up in the center of the viewport and 3DC won't remember it's last location when moved. An alternative might be to have it always open under the mouse/pen cursor, which when combined with a hotkey toggle would make it quick and nimble.

I guess I should probably also report on how the "Hide visual guides" option in the render room doesn't fully work with the new symmetry option as well (i.e. the yellow indicator isn't properly hidden when using realtime rendering). That and also the fact undo doesn't work while the symmetry dialog is open, which is when you really need it to work (i.e. while testing various value changes).

Many thanks once again, Andrew! :)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
Curves Tool Voxels - not able to apply

reported by bb3d

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16415&hl=

confirmed from my side IF translate brush along curve is ON

will please any1 try too ?

ty

Carlosan, I added a post to that topic where the user first mentioned it on the forums, please check it out :) Because he doesn't really have the spline on his object, he won't notice the effects of having translate brush along curve. Personally I think that option is outdated as we have the exact same functionality with the e-panel splines tool! Hope that helps! :)

• Contributor

3D Coat crashes with "Out of memory" message whenever I try to decimate a 57M object. The system I work on has 32GB RAM. When I load the object, I get 4.8GB used by 3DC (7.7GB used in total by OS and programs/services, including 3DC). Then, when I click the Decimate command, I have to wait for a minute for the progress bar to disappear and for Decimate window to pop up. At this point RAM usage by 3DC raises to 15.7GB (18.1GB). I choose the reduction percentage and press OK. As the operation progresses, 3DC RAM usage increases to about 19GB (21GB), the program CRASHES and RAM usage drops to 17.8GB (20GB).

"Out of memory", even though there's still plenty of it left. Both - physical and paged.

Windows 7 x64

Edited by ajz3d

• Reputable Contributor

3D Coat crashes with "Out of memory" message whenever I try to decimate a 57M object. The system I work on has 32GB RAM. When I load the object, I get 4.8GB used by 3DC (7.7GB used in total by OS and programs/services, including 3DC). Then, when I click the Decimate command, I have to wait for a minute for the progress bar to disappear and for Decimate window to pop up. At this point RAM usage by 3DC raises to 15.7GB (18.1GB). I choose the reduction percentage and press OK. As the operation progresses, 3DC RAM usage increases to about 19GB (21GB), the program CRASHES and RAM usage drops to 17.8GB (20GB).

"Out of memory", even though there's still plenty of it left. Both - physical and paged.

Windows 7 x64

Probably something buggered up about the object, itself. Maybe RMB on the layer > to GLOBAL SPACE > then RMB on the layer > Fill Voids, if it's a voxel object. If it's a Surface mode object, try RMB on the layer > Separate Disconnected Pieces...just in case their is a small piece or two floating around inside the mesh.

• Contributor

Thanks. It's a surface object. I'm trying Separate Disconnected Pieces right now, but It seems to take ages to complete (it's not multi-threaded). I'll wait ten more minutes and see what happens. I have the feeling that I'll need to revert to a previous incremental save.

---

I had to abort the separation process. It seemed to have frozen.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Thanks. It's a surface object. I'm trying Separate Disconnected Pieces right now, but It seems to take ages to complete (it's not multi-threaded). I'll wait ten more minutes and see what happens. I have the feeling that I'll need to revert to a previous incremental save.

---

I had to abort the separation process. It seemed to have frozen.

Sometimes I've found it helpful to use the Resource Monitor to check the activity of 3DC (check the box next to it's name to enable the filter). It will show any CPU, IO, Memory use for the app.

• Contributor

Sometimes I've found it helpful to use the Resource Monitor to check the activity of 3DC (check the box next to it's name to enable the filter). It will show any CPU, IO, Memory use for the app.

Yes I do this whenever I suspect a freeze. 3DC was still using 8% of the CPU when I killed its process. There was no point to wait any further if one hour wasn't enough for it to complete its task.

• Reputable Contributor

Yes I do this whenever I suspect a freeze. 3DC was still using 8% of the CPU when I killed its process. There was no point to wait any further if one hour wasn't enough for it to complete its task.

Can you zip the file > upload it (GoogleDrive is free) and send the link to Andrew? Let him deal with it. Maybe he'll get frustrated with the long wait time and fix it. :D

• Contributor

I admire your discipline, I've let it run over night. :blush:

Did it work in the end? :)

Can you zip the file > upload it (GoogleDrive is free) and send the link to Andrew? Let him deal with it. Maybe he'll get frustrated with the long wait time and fix it. :D

Sure, I'll send him a link tomorrow.

4.1.10A

- Symmetry finished in good beta stage. All tools supported.

- presets support symmetry (optionally)

- primitives history store symmetry as well

- pose tool got 3d lasso support

- one baking problem fixed - sometimes after baking, saving and re-opening scene tangent space was different and seams appeared. I need your help in testing this change -

Plese set Preferences->Local space normalisation to Normalize T by B, bake scene, open object with normalmap in your favorite modeler/render

then set the value to Normalize B by T, re-bake, open in modeler/render as well. Where the quaity is better (I mean sems and normals quality).

In ependence on result I will set corresponding value as default.

Generally due to changes seamlessnes of ppp depth painting should become better.

• Like 3

I like the added functionality of the new symmetry tool, but I prefer the toggle-ability of the previous symmetry tool, and I liked being able to slide around the symmetry plane by using a hotkey.  So I know others in this thread have stated this already, I just wanted to emphasize it as well.  I think there are too many clicks right now to get simple symmetry over the x-axis (or any other), perhaps this aspect can be made more simple, while there is a more complicated dialogue box for other types of symmetry like radial...

thanks, 

j

• Advanced Member

Downloading now...does seem really slow...but my ISP is pretty aweful for throttling sometimes...they won't admit it, but when I'm supposed to have a dedicated line to their hub and then still only get .79 Mbps of the 8 Mpbs I'm supposed to get, something's wrong.