- H Select volumeB, S Enable radial / Axis Y ON = ok

- H Select volumeA, the radial Axis Y remains in the center of volumeB

post-10142-0-11010900-1406302532_thumb.j

post-10142-0-80791400-1406302750_thumb.j

----------------------

Local Space not working ?

post-10142-0-44913200-1406303275_thumb.j

• Advanced Member

Posting this here as well as the tangent poll thread ....

Wouldn't it be a better solution to output normal maps like handplane3d does

Export object space normal map and then choose one of the output options depending on target platform and convert to tangent space or even better make all variation options available and we as users can create presets with the correct output settings

2 variations of tangent basis isn't going to handle all situations

Seeing as hand plane is freeware anyway ,just export world space normal maps instead and convert them using hand plane .... This is the only way I know of that guarantees perfect normals for all platforms.

But if Andrew wants to put the same functionality into 3dc then that would be great .... Maybe the hand plane guys might allow their code to be added to 3dc as it is after all freeware now .

http://handplane3d.com/

Edited by manticor

• Advanced Member

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but I noticed in version 4.1.10B, when I opened the symmetry options dialog, I would still be able to make strokes on my geo while keeping the window open, but Undo would not work.  Undo wouldn't work until I closed the symmetry options dialog.

So when I would make some strokes to see what the symmetry options would do, I couldn't undo them right away, which isn't an ideal workflow.

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew, Split tool is broken on my side in 4.1.10B....it does not work either in voxel or surface mode.

Can anyone confirm this?

thanx

Weird...cause it's working in 4.1.09 just fine. It's crazy how some tools that were working in one build, just mysteriously get broken in the next. Even when that tool wasn't being worked on. Scary. One reason why I've not even tried to install the new builds with radial symmetry.

• Contributor

Something that gets on my nerves each time I work with splines and strokes:

---

Also, that small little rectangular icon containing spline options ALWAYS seems to get in my way. Gosh!

Do some of you feel the same?

post-12523-0-97482300-1406496963_thumb.j

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Something that gets on my nerves each time I work with splines and strokes:

---

Also, that small little rectangular icon containing spline options ALWAYS seems to get in my way. Gosh!

Do some of you feel the same?

yeah,totally...  Sometimes I really have a hard time making a selection because it gets in the way of my clicks.The idea is good but the little arrow should be much pushed much further away from clicks.

• Contributor

I get random crashes on different occasions. They happened thrice within two days. No error messages, no crash reports - just crash to desktop. They seem to be caused by random things, like adding a new alpha image to the library or laying down splines.

I'm using the newest build.

Edited by ajz3d

• Reputable Contributor

I get random crashes on different occasions. They happened thrice within two days. No error messages, no crash reports - just crash to desktop. They seem to be caused by random things, like adding a new alpha image to the library or laying down splines.

I'm using the newest build.

I've had a few unexplained ones as well. 4.1.09

• Reputable Contributor

If you are working with the RAPID 2 brush > hit CTRL + Z (UNDO), 3D Coat automatically switches me to the SUBDIVIDE tool. Highly annoying, as that is one of the best brushes to sculpt with. Happen to anyone else? I even deleted all config files...still happens.

• Contributor

If you are working with the RAPID 2 brush > hit CTRL + Z (UNDO), 3D Coat automatically switches me to the SUBDIVIDE tool. Highly annoying, as that is one of the best brushes to sculpt with. Happen to anyone else? I even deleted all config files...still happens.

Undo seems to work fine for Rapid2. I have version 10B installed.

New public feature vote system, its official

Submitting Bug Reports & Feature Requests

Indeed!

Posting bugs and feature requests on the forum has gotten much too chaotic, and is very hard to track what is/isn't fixed or implemented and the like. So please definitely post all bugs to Mantis here on out! Thanks! =)

• Like 1

Does anyone else have problems using the 'edit projections using ext. editor' feature? If a mesh has no smoothing groups applied the paint will miss huge chunks of paint when projecting, and if they do have smoothing groups sometimes certain polys will be completely missing in the projection.

I can provide example meshs and screens if need be.

Also a bit off topic but, WHat's the point of having both an "Add" and "Linear Dodge" blending mode when they're the same thing (afaik)? The only difference I can tell is that "Add" blend mode doesn't transfer to Photoshop.

Edited by PolyHertz

Found another issue with the newest build in the paint room. I'm not entirely sure what could be causing this, but strokes started on one part of the mesh sometimes hit a 'wall' where the paint just stops until the brush goes completely over them, like such:

example mesh: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4210886/triHead.obj

p9xrvI6.jpg

And regarding the previously mentioned issues in the post above, here's an example of the mesh during projection (notice the bottom of the face is missing despite showing in the 3DC viewport just fine, no paint will project there). This also seems to happen with faceted meshes in the latest build instead of just smoothed ones, though that wasn't the case in older builds:

Ii4nbN9.jpg

And what happens when projecting to a faceted mesh (missing polygons also shown):

H8DfKwC.jpg

Edited by PolyHertz

I noticed that the linux beta version is 4.1.08 instead of 4.1.10A, :huh:  is there some particular reason for this? thank you  :)

Indeed!

Posting bugs and feature requests on the forum has gotten much too chaotic, and is very hard to track what is/isn't fixed or implemented and the like. So please definitely post all bugs to Mantis here on out! Thanks! =)

ok, so where could we post feature ideas / suggestions now? Mantis seem to be for bug reports only ... 

BTW - hope that we will be able to use existing logins and/or Mantis will be more tightly integrated into main site. Having 2 more sub sites is IMO not the best solution , it dilutes content (hope you know what I mean).

• Like 1