3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

I was playing with Constructor just now with the Options panel floating and discovered that when I clicked certain shapes the panel would jump to the top of the screen.  I was actually recording a little video demo of the tool so it must looks strange to the viewers.

When using the paint brush in combination with 'vertex lasso' stroke mode, and you double-click (to close/ apply the stroke) while the starting point of the lasso is outside the visible screen area, 3D Coat will crash.

Did you guys file Mantis reports?

- multithreading problems fixed in ppp painting - so it will work much faster (strokes, layers visibility etc)

- Paint room text tool aliasing problem fixed (but still needs some work even if become much better)

- Put picture along curve correctly works with opacity in depth channel

- swap YZ completely implemented in al tools (including axis and arrows colors). So Z-up mode should work correcty now.

• Like 4

• Reputable Contributor

- multithreading problems fixed in ppp painting - so it will work much faster (strokes, layers visibility etc)

- Paint room text tool aliasing problem fixed (but still needs some work even if become much better)

- Put picture along curve correctly works with opacity in depth channel

- swap YZ completely implemented in al tools (including axis and arrows colors). So Z-up mode should work correcty now.

Thanks a bunch, Andrew.

tumblr_nc6443yyuX1smmsbuo7_400.gif

• Reputable Contributor

My 'text' tool no longer works in voxel or surface mode ? I get nothing at all...

latest update, windows7 64.

Can anyone confirm ?

Mike C.

Works fine, here. Might want to make sure the layer you have selected isn't hidden. I run into that problem all the time...wondering why a tool suddenly doesn't work. Turned out to be user error. It happens :D

141144017845.jpg

• Like 1

Andrew, is there any way to reduce the size/footprint of the Quick Access Panel? As you can see here, it is a monstrosity. Nothing QUICK about it, when it spans the entire width of the UI. :blink:

I've been wondering this myself. It could really use to be like half that size. one way to help would be reducing the huge gaps between the icons horizontally.  I've become accustome to moving my cursor to the bottom of the screen so that when I hit Space the Quick access will be closer to the middle.

Works fine, here. Might want to make sure the layer you have selected isn't hidden. I run into that problem all the time...wondering why a tool suddenly doesn't work. Turned out to be user error. It happens :D

141144017845.jpg

Thank you !!! Working great now !!! I Think you were right... I had a layer hidden :)

• Advanced Member

In relation to all this panel talk, is there a Trello / Mantis/feature request or anything for multi-monitor support?

i.e. can the 3D viewport window be moved to a separate montior and then I can use the 2nd monitor for Texture viewport and all other panels/tools?

• Reputable Contributor

I've been wondering this myself. It could really use to be like half that size. one way to help would be reducing the huge gaps between the icons horizontally.  I've become accustome to moving my cursor to the bottom of the screen so that when I hit Space the Quick access will be closer to the middle.

Yeah, just some thin, visible dividers between the icons would work, and scale them all down to about 30% the size it is now. I have NEVER, EVER used the quick access panel since Andrew changed it to these big icons, back in V4 Beta. It's just not practical because of it's size, and I've been asking Andrew repeatedly to scale it down ever since. But no joy.

• Contributor

here are some cheesy Gigerlike trail brushes with tapering maybe some of you will find them useful :)  (I use them a lot recently)

...they are both complementary...Giger1 work in add and Giger2 in inverted mode...careful as they are both heavy on the tessellation.

cheesygiger.3dcpack

post-1195-0-57380600-1411588900_thumb.jp

• Like 3

• Advanced Member

"The latest build for Linux is postponed because 3D-Coat now uses FBX SDK 2015.1 which requires GLIBC 2.7 but development system has been built around CentOS 5.10 with GLIBC 2.5. Upgrading the development system will take some time."

Does this mean that you will be upgrading to CentOS 6 for your Linux development/builds?

T.

• Reputable Contributor

i have the 4.1 stable Version and undo takes 10+ sec  (surface mode 11 mil tris)

6.08.2014 4.1.15

- Tapering introduced! Look icon near the radius control.

- Fixed major bug related to symmetry & presets "desease".

- Lag after stroke fixed, Undo speeded up. This should improve sculpting experience greatly.

- "Frame" correct.

- Symmetry copy problem solved.

- Rapid/Claws corrected to be less bumpy (but still rigid).

- "Apply" overrides Enter in all tools

- Rotate along stroke/strips does not lead to initial round spot in some tools.

- Layer blending popup polished

• Advanced Member

6.08.2014 4.1.15

- Lag after stroke fixed, Undo speeded up. This should improve sculpting experience greatly.

- "Frame" correct.

Errmm, I'm getting lag in the latest BETA build. 4.1.17

• Reputable Contributor

6.08.2014 4.1.15

- "Frame" correct.

Errmm, I'm getting lag in the latest BETA build. 4.1.17

Bunch of folks here in this thread said it works well for them. Seems fine to me...but then again....and a 17mill+poly model, I'm not expecting it to be instantaneous. Just not a ton of lag.

Undo is rather zippy for me, too. Please make sure to delete any 3DC folders in My Docs (don't forget to backup your stuff first!). Having multiple installs especially when they share configs and having such drastic changes between builds can actually cause more issues.

• Advanced Member

Undo is rather zippy for me, too. Please make sure to delete any 3DC folders in My Docs (don't forget to backup your stuff first!). Having multiple installs especially when they share configs and having such drastic changes between builds can actually cause more issues.

OK. I have two installs of 3DCoat.  The last stable version and a BETA directory for the latest releases.  Both point to different MyDoc folders. I will clear out the BETA one and then see if that helps.

EDIT: Perfect!  Undo super quick. Thanks guys.

Edited by wave of light