3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

on my side its day and night. Really killer Undo speed. :)

Undo is rather zippy for me, too.

Gang, it's cool that it improved your undo speeds, but I don't see any undo speed improvements on my side. I'm currently working on an isolated 3.5M surface layer (total scene's tris-count is 48M), but each Move Tool undo takes about 4 seconds* (CPU power and HD access is barely utilised during the operation). Oh, why I always have to be the guy experiencing most of the problems... :(

* - the radius of the brush I used is very small and I get the same timings in proxy x16...

Edited by ajz3d

Updated to 17C (NO PBR there, only minor fixes!)

- Tweak room select works correctly

- Topo symm works correctly, it copies regardless on previous stamp mode usage

Update with PBR will be later, there is still too much work woth materials, preview, baking, export etc

Mac&Linux will be updaed to 17C soon as well

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to 17C (NO PBR there, only minor fixes!)

- Tweak room select works correctly

- Topo symm works correctly, it copies regardless on previous stamp mode usage

Update with PBR will be later, there is still too much work woth materials, preview, baking, export etc

Mac&Linux will be updaed to 17C soon as well

Thanks for the fixes, Andrew. :good:

544b5f0679e9d.png

:D

Not really. The PBR stuff is still being worked on. Andrew just fixed a few important things in the current build. Tweak room was practically useless with selection being broken (seemed to happen when Axial Symmetry was introduced). If you cannot select your object, then you cannot apply any transforms to them.

• Advanced Member

Ver: 4.1.17 (CUDA), not sure if this has been fixed or noticed, yet, but when I go into full screen mode (Alt + Enter), it won't let me change the name of layers in the Voxel Room.

Also, I know it's been a while since I've used 3D Coat, due to other things on my plate, but I can't get the Stencils or Stamps to overlay as I paint.  Well, stamps are doing nothing and stencils are sporadically working.  This is after I just upgraded to 4.1.17D.  When I can't get stencils to work, I have to change color using X and then paint over it and it seems to work then.

Edited by alvordr

• Contributor

Ver: 4.1.17 (CUDA), not sure if this has been fixed or noticed, yet, but when I go into full screen mode (Alt + Enter), it won't let me change the name of layers in the Voxel Room.

I have this issue as well but only in GL builds.

It happens with any input boxes .

I already reported but nobody confirmed...probably because evrybody is using DX.

(actually you can change the name but the box is hidden...you cannot see it)

• Reputable Contributor

I just noticed a problem with UNDO while sculpting in the SCULPT room. It would take several seconds per undo. Surface mode or Voxel, it was the same. But as soon as I closed the app and re-started it, the problem went away. Not sure why that would occur, but I thought I should mention it for anyone here who had issues with UNDO earlier .

• Reputable Contributor

Into full screen mode (Alt + Enter), it won't let me change the name of layers

confirmed. Popup is blocked

UNDO issue

confirmed 

Yeah, the UNDO issue is still recurring frequently, but once in a while it stops acting up like that. Strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Spacepainter is exactly right! Some praise for how ambitiously great 3D-Coat, Andrew, and the community here, have been. 

PBR will just be more "Awesome"! - In fact, Andrew has been such a good boy, maybe he should be posting his Christmas list! :D  

Edited by CyBorge
  • Like 4

• Advanced Member

spacepainter, calling Andrew a good boy is, in english speaking countries, a term of endearment.  It comes from the stories children are told about Santa Claus and how "good boys" get presents and "bad boys" do not.  Look up "colloquialism" if your interested.  In other words it is a friendly and benign statement.