3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Advanced Member

When I create primitives in Voxels room the adjustment axis lines for the new primitives are hiding behind existing voxels. If I switch existing voxels to the ghost mode to make them transparent then I cannot move effectors of the new primitive which are located inside the existing voxels. For example, you have a sphere and you create another smaller primitive sphere inside existing. Try to move the new sphere inside existing one.

Mantis report http://3d-coat.com/m...view.php?id=703

• Reputable Contributor

When I create primitives in Voxels room the adjustment axis lines for the new primitives are hiding behind existing voxels. If I switch existing voxels to the ghost mode to make them transparent then I cannot move effectors of the new primitive which are located inside the existing voxels. For example, you have a sphere and you create another smaller primitive sphere inside existing. Try to move the new sphere inside existing one.

You can see a partial representation. Just hover your mouse/cursor over the transform widget/element. It will highlight and now you can make your transform. However, upon further testing I did notice that some transform widgets are not visible or editable when obscured by the primitive itself.

http://www.screencast.com/t/AlB3peS7

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah, must be a bug with the beta 4 version. No problems as described in Linux 3.7.18F... Waiting for the linux 4 beta version to be released.

I can transform the sphere inside the ghosted sphere plus the adjustment axis lines are not hidden behind the existing sphere when not in ghost mode.

post-518-0-69755000-1349747718_thumb.jpe

• Applink Developer

Have been testing latest beta and really liking it. I would like to see one thing. It's nice that we can link clearclay modes into shift. But if you want to control detail level you still

need to select clearclay tool and change it from there. Solution would be like this. If one of the clearclay modes is linked into shift. then when you adjust smooth strength (shift + RMB) it actually

change detail level. max detail level would be number from detail parameter.

• Advanced Member

The positive shapes in some of the objects are not visible or both the positive and negative shapes are fully opaque.

Here's an example of the missing positive shape (results of the tool are still working and the same)

Mantis minor bug here http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=710

post-12687-0-07316800-1349808212_thumb.j

• Reputable Contributor

The positive shapes in some of the objects are not visible or both the positive and negative shapes are fully opaque.

Here's an example of the missing positive shape (results of the tool are still working and the same)

Mantis minor bug here http://3d-coat.com/m...view.php?id=710

And while we on this topic...is there any way, Andrew, to have the primitive or merged mesh proxy NOT be blown out white? Can we not use something like the pictmat grey shader or something? It's really hard on the eyes and you can't even see how much detail is lost when trying to subdivide the mesh.

And while we on this topic...is there any way, Andrew, to have the primitive or merged mesh proxy NOT be blown out white? Can we not use something like the pictmat grey shader or something? It's really hard on the eyes and you can't even see how much detail is lost when trying to subdivide the mesh.

Yes, this is something I've asked for for a long time.

• Advanced Member

Why isn't picmat_gray the default shader? Its clearly the prefered default working material? I think if you polled users most people apply that shader to their working sculpts to see what they're doing better.

• Reputable Contributor

Why isn't picmat_gray the default shader? Its clearly the prefered default working material? I think if you polled users most people apply that shader to their working sculpts to see what they're doing better.

Good question. I agree.

Because all picmat shaders are not dependent on light direction + default one is festest to render.

They use current chosen color. Just change current color.

A tip to all mantis users: If you "assign" a bug report to Andrew, then he will receive the bug report directly by mail. This is especially interesting for important and urgent bugs. Otherwise your report will be placed into the regular list and processed as soon as possible.

Best wishes and thank you for your support so far.

Chris

BETA4 uploaded

- Relaxation tool

- better smoothing algorithms

- Reconstruct tool

- a lot of bugfixes and small tweaks, see mantis

Linux and Mac users! Please excuse for so long delay, seems Sergyi is stuck on fixing one bug (baking related).

I will ask him to upload it anyway as soon as possible.

Tomorrow I will go to get some rest on Tenerife for 2 weeks. It is first time in 10 years when I will get somewhere with my wife without children. So I will not be able to participate there too often, this time I will be off work during the rest, only check e-mail and read this thread sometimes, no coding.

Important info to all mantis users:

Please check your reported bugs and close resolved topics after you confirmed the functionality in the current beta. Leave a short info, when you close the resolved bug.

Example by me: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=699

This helps us to keep a clean overview about the project status.

All resolved bug posts can be found here: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=6713

You can filter them for viewing your own posts only too.

Thank you

Chris

• Applink Developer

Thanks Taros. I always forget that important step. It was good idea to start new project for 3d-coat v4. Makes it so much cleaner again. I would even start new project for

"features". I have always wondered why bugs and features are mix together because they are so different from each other. Separating features from bugs would give Andrew

much better view. And he is mostly using mantis to fixing bugs.

Is there a problem with the Applink? My Modo & Messiah<->3DC connection is not working anymore. Going Back to 3.7 works again.

Thanks Taros. I always forget that important step. It was good idea to start new project for 3d-coat v4. Makes it so much cleaner again. I would even start new project for

"features". I have always wondered why bugs and features are mix together because they are so different from each other. Separating features from bugs would give Andrew

much better view. And he is mostly using mantis to fixing bugs.

The feature element is a default option inside mantis and known in the most bug reporting/project management systems. I will keep it like it is, because all feature requests are normally project appendant. Normally... :)

And the filter gives a good possibility to filter them.

But I will think about it.

What about the others? Should there be a seperate 3D Coat features "project" inside mantis?

Best wishes

Chris

• Contributor

Tomorrow I will go to get some rest on Tenerife for 2 weeks. It is first time in 10 years when I will get somewhere with my wife without children. So I will not be able to participate there too often, this time I will be off work during the rest, only check e-mail and read this thread sometimes, no coding.

2 weeks is really short....stay away from forum ,some stuff can sneak into your brain and spoil your vacation. :)

AbnRanger, I couldnt migrate my Preset folder, so Andrew suggested I copy my 3.7 User Documents folder to the vers4 user documents,so I just copied the entire folder.That seemed to work...all presets ,all shaders,all objects.Im always a bit wary when moving mysterious folders around because I always fear getting rid of something vital!

What do you mean by User Documents? There is no folder called that. Do you mean User Data?