3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

snapback.pngmill, on 08 December 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Hello.

The smudge tool artifacts still exists in beta6E.

It is easy to reproduce.

Just paint with depth in Paint room, then smudge the surface.

MV, Ptex or PPP?

MV, Ptex or PPP?

It happens both MV, Ptex and PPP.

• Advanced Member

With the new spline e-mode:

When placing two points very close you'll paint a dot on the mesh, even before pressing apply.

Pressing space calls the quick-menu, which doesn't seem very useful.

The name of the tool is 'PENPRESS_CURVES_EX'

It's also not great that this tool has another UI element that's not used anywhere else, with the little dropdown thing.

Mill:

Before we can deal with this as a bug, we need to know which version you are using and what your system specs are. Can you supply these?

Greg Smith

Hi.

It is beta7 win 64 cuda DX.

There is nothing on the layer 0.

The layer 0 is intact.

Updated to BETA8(Win. Mac+Linux expected soon, 2-4 days)

- polished spline stroke. Multiple strokes per pass, closed strokes allowed. Different radius per control point if need (optional). Better spline preview. Progress shown. Good description in hints. Splines shapes tuned to be very nice and predictable.

- selecting islands in UV mode by clicking on object

- Retopo->Export groups for exporting group as separate file

- arrows icons for swapping color

- bugfixes from Mantis, forum and bugreports

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to BETA8(Win. Mac+Linux expected soon, 2-4 days)

- polished spline stroke. Multiple strokes per pass, closed strokes allowed. Different radius per control point if need (optional). Better spline preview. Progress shown. Good description in hints. Splines shapes tuned to be very nice and predictable.

- Retopo->Export groups for exporting group as separate file

- arrows icons for swapping color

- bugfixes from Mantis, forum and bugreports

Sweet. Thanks Andrew.

• Contributor

Wow Spline tool has become very powerful!!!I think its a great V4 feature even if people may not see how powerful it is first time...

with tutorials that show possibility it will help,I'm including big example of usage of this in Liveclay manual.

just a Little issue:

Preview Circle are distracting....(they are useful when user try to play with points radius but if not user does not need to play with radius it does not take long time before the surface is covered with blue circles everywhere(especially when making multiple splines) and it becomes difficult to understand the full extent of intended spline design..

So it would be great if it was somehow optional....

• Contributor

Andrew,it seems there is some weird behavior results...some strokes seems to jitter or overlap not nicely whwn using multiple stroke

post-1195-0-38354000-1355665725_thumb.jp

Here is .zip to reproduce issue ,included is:

-hardsurface alpha(pen)

-.spline file

(it is to be used with ExtrudeClay LC tool without pen pressure) on the default 134k sphere (I use high 5.0 detail value in Extrudeclay)

emode extrudeclaytest.zip

Wow Spline tool has become very powerful!!!I think its a great V4 feature even if people may not see how powerful it is first time...

with tutorials that show possibility it will help,I'm including big example of usage of this in Liveclay manual.

just a Little issue:

Preview Circle are distracting....(they are useful when user try to play with points radius but if not user does not need to play with radius it does not take long time before the surface is covered with blue circles everywhere(especially when making multiple splines) and it becomes difficult to understand the full extent of intended spline design..

So it would be great if tit was somehow optional....

Thanks!

Btw, circles are optional. You may turn it off, see tool options box.

Hi there. Tested newest beta 8. Checked out Pilgway youtube channel new tutorial "3D Coat feature: Pose Tool". Lasso (Paint with drawn contour) select with ignore backfaces off seems like good way to mimic zbrush posing + masking, but seems like it doesn't work properly.

Tested only with default human "Male" character (single object one).

1. When I downgrade the voxel volume, first time it wasn't possible to lasso select limbs. Selecting limb caused spilling of selection to some arbitrary blocky area next to arm or leg.

2. Second try. Downgrade to lower res, then setting selection type to lasso and ignore backfaces off, I was able to select a limb at time, but when I touch pose transform gizmo, pose tool restores old selection in addition to new one, making workflow for selection + selection tuning + posing problematic.

How it fails: Select Pose tool, mask head, clear mask, mask arm, select pose transform gizmo, old head selection is selected in addition arm selection.

3. Seems like "Paint with drawn contour" doesn't work currently, it seems to want to draw a line to transform gizmo previous location every other click or so, every now and them when transforming selection.

More notes on posing: Pose gizmo also resets to default orientation when selecting more

Question: Is it possible to prevent annoying popping of gizmo aroung selection volume when selecting more or less from current selection?

How to reproduce: Select arm, move gizmo on place, add or remove from arm selection to fine tune it - gizmo moves. Sometimes this might be desirable but more than often not.

4.00 Beta 8 (CUDA)(GL64) seems to have same problem as previous betas - Select materials in Voxels room with flat shading, activate shadow - mesh will continue rendering as "cut out" look with last frame stuck as "see through" image in mesh faces area.

Materials: LambLight_Depth, PicMat_Clay_Depth + shadows.

DX version seems to behave OK.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

just a Little issue:

So it would be great if it was somehow optional....

What Liveclay manual?

• Contributor

4.00 Beta 8 (CUDA)(GL64) seems to have same problem as previous betas - Select materials in Voxels room with flat shading, activate shadow - mesh will continue rendering as "cut out" look with last frame stuck as "see through" image in mesh faces area.

Materials: LambLight_Depth, PicMat_Clay_Depth + shadows.

DX version seems to behave OK.

This is the long-standing bug known as:

"0000165: Cutout cardboard effect bug"

You can sign up for an account at the 3D-Coat Mantis bug reporting site. Once you have an account you can vote to have this bug fixed. There are already many votes, but your vote may finally convince Andrew to fix it.