3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks Andrew. That's a pretty big list of changes/improvements. Could you PLEASE turn down the brightness of the merged preview objects/models? That washed out look is getting on my last nerve, as it is very harsh on the eyes. All I can see is a silhouette...no details because they are all blown out by 10x excessive brightness.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew, Thank you for working hard to create a very stable version 4 before it is released. This does not go unnoticed by me and many others here at the forum.

I hope too that Raul can return soon to continue to give you assistance and work on the LC brushes and tools... :D

Important info: If you find a resolved bug that was placed by you into mantis before then confirm and close it there, please.

Official 3D Coat bug list -> http://www.3dcoat.com/mantis

Thank you

Chris

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't find the confirm button to close. This could be caused by an account with reporter credentials.

Ticket#: http://3d-coat.com:8...view.php?id=715

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't find the confirm button to close. This could be caused by an account with reporter credentials.

Ticket#: http://3d-coat.com:8...view.php?id=715

Go to your own reported issue at mantis an edit it

Change status to Resolved

---------------------------------

Andrew: ty :)

---------------------------------

Note:

possibility to render blended states between several saved scenes

Hey ! this will be the beginning of render passes, yeah ! :rofl:

hmmmm... with a good script can work... ^_^

-----------------

one more...

Script

Create your Script function was always here !? cooooooool B)

i was blind... :blush:

Important info: If you find a resolved bug that was placed by you into mantis before then confirm and close it there, please.

Official 3D Coat bug list -> http://www.3dcoat.com/mantis

Thank you

Chris

Hi, what do you want to change the status to? I can change it for you.

Hi Javis, so you are the Mantis superadmin ?

There is some old Mantis request Resolved, will you or another superadmin change its to resolved ?

-------------------------------

Another:

Mantis Category is outdated.

There is no tweak room and some names are redundant.... can be changed too ?

ty :)

Thank you for the support. Actually I've changed the rights for reporters to give them the ability to close issues but it seems still not work.

What do you think? Should a superadmin close the issues or the origin poster?

Better the admin?

Ty Chris

I tested it... now i can change the status of reports made by another users, after test it if are listed -like resolved- in the changelog. ty

I found that some new reporters are enthusiast to made new ones... but lack time or perseverance to test if their reports was resolved and... go to mantis, find it and change the status.

Is at this point where the admin can help for sure... tedious yeah, but needed :)

• Applink Developer

Ether way. As long someone check that issue is fixed and close it or reports that there is still issue.

Carlosa. You are on fire with mantis today. Great... :)

lol... was my fault...

I change assigned from Andrew to me in my own reports

i do it to have My View clear... but didnt know that any change in reports list it to first place. :blush:

//edit

A Category SCRIPT could be added ?

ty

Thank you for the support. Actually I've changed the rights for reporters to give them the ability to close issues but it seems still not work.

Better the admin?

I think both should be able to close it. Though, I notice I am no longer able to change the status of reports. Could that be changed back so that I can? Thanks Chris. :)

• Contributor

So, is this the correct procedure?

1. Create Mantis bug report and assign to Andrew.

2. Andrew fixes bug and changes status to Resolved.

3. I go back to Mantis and change status to Closed.

Seems like step 3 is pointless extra work. Can't Andrew just filter the list to exclude the Resolved bugs?

If Andrew changes a status to Resolved, and I don't agree with him, then I just change the status to Feedback and tell him why the bug still exists.

Otherwise I leave it as Resolved, because that is the true state.

• Advanced Member

I change assigned from Andrew to me in my own reports

i do it to have My View clear... but didnt know that any change in reports list it to first place. :blush:

Not sure I entirely understand why you do that. If you change the status of your own report to closed, it will be removed from the My Views > Reported By Me list and won't be bumped to the top of the main list everyone sees either. The only place it will appear is in the My Views > Recently Modified list. Hopefully that will help you out, if I'm guessing what you're after correctly.

I just closed one of my own reports without any trouble. As for who should do it, I vote for both super admin and original poster, with emphasis on the latter. Most people don't bother though, probably assuming being set to resolved is the same thing which it's not.

So, is this the correct procedure?

1. Create Mantis bug report and assign to Andrew.

2. Andrew fixes bug and changes status to Resolved.

3. I go back to Mantis and change status to Closed.

Seems like step 3 is pointless extra work. Can't Andrew just filter the list to exclude the Resolved bugs?

Reports set to resolved show up in the main list, same as the other states like assigned, new, feedback, etc. When they're set to closed, they no longer appear in the main list at all. Though I can't say for certain, I'd guess that the abilities Andrew has for filtering probably function no different than they do for the rest of us. This means a resolved report is likely still treated as an open bug until it's set to closed, which only the user can do with 100% certainty since they are the one who reported it.

• Reputable Contributor

I think it would be a good idea that after 30 days a bug that is set to resolved can be set to closed. That gives enough time for the user or other users to check it out and if no one reopens the bug report it can be closed out by whoever notices the date first... I have only closed a few of mine, Resolved became the de-facto Close as well over time for most of us...

Taros, what do you think of waiting 30 days and then a bug report that is set to resolved can be closed.

There is always a problem with the paint room in the "v4.00.Beta12" when we try to distort a material, it simply disappears and it is no longer possible to display other materials.

To reproduce:

1) Load a model

2) In the paint room, import a material & open it

3) Try to distort this material to fit the model

Result: 3D-Coat no longer displays the textures/materials and projection painting (using photographies) become useless...

If anyone knows how to report this problem on mantis, please let me known.

;)

• Reputable Contributor

There is always a problem with the paint room in the "v4.00.Beta12" when we try to distort a material, it simply disappears and it is no longer possible to display other materials.

To reproduce:

1) Load a model

2) In the paint room, import a material & open it

3) Try to distort this material to fit the model

Result: 3D-Coat no longer displays the textures/materials and projection painting (using photographies) become useless...

If anyone knows how to report this problem on mantis, please let me known.

;)

Go to www.3d-coat.com/mantis > sign up for an account (free) > Report Issue