3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Reputable Contributor

Lets not forget "Tattoo 3D Paint" It was my first 3D paint program. It is outdated but still everyonce in awhile I will open it up and remember how happy I was to be able to paint in 3D as I hated 2D uv island painting...

Now free as he stopped development a number of years ago.

http://www.terabit-software.co.uk/Tattoo.aspx

• Advanced Member

Seriously now.

What about 32bit exr or even 16 bit tif support on masks panel? Why jpg 8bit only?

Poor quality this way. Except I missed something. It's a request. I hope you don't mind talking a little on this subject.

Now in v4, we have a nice tool for baking quality 32 bit exrs (excellent control) of panels-reliefs.

Pity we can't use it as mask.

8 bit tga... very poor quality. See how better the 3dcoat baked exr works as displacement in blender.

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12787&p=92071

post-2454-0-52076800-1369251713_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I used the tweak room to change a lowpoly model slightly mid-paint. I had to turn off Low Poly view mode because it couldn't be tweaked with that mode on, then after I was done I re-entered the paint room, turned it back on, and it turns out it kept the old shape in memory. Even saving and loading it again I get two different shapes when turning on/off lowpoly view mode.

Is this a bug? I thought low-poly just changed the way the texture was applied or how the tris are turned. If it's actually a morph that's stored on import then can I use it in some more meaningful way like painting in/out tweaked areas?

Edit: Seems that turning on lowpoly afterwords only changes what the mesh looks like back to how it was, but the paint is still projected onto the tweaked mesh.

Edited by PolyHertz

• Reputable Contributor

Anybody else been able to get anything from the Copy/Paste tool (Paint Room)? Did it not have options to copy red to blue and vice versa? It doesn't do squat on my end, as you can see in the video. Same goes for the Scrape tool in the Voxel Room. Can't adjust the intensity...it's broken. Turn the depth all the way to 0 and it still scrapes like it's stuck on 100%.

http://www.screencast.com/t/j63VtHgYGRx

Edited by AbnRanger

• Advanced Member

Lets not forget "Tattoo 3D Paint" It was my first 3D paint program. It is outdated but still everyonce in awhile I will open it up and remember how happy I was to be able to paint in 3D as I hated 2D uv island painting...

Tattoo 3D! I remember being so excited when I discovered that app for the first time a few years ago! :D

Anyone else have any experience with single light occlusion? Can you move the light source and can it bake shadows?

• Applink Developer

Anybody else been able to get anything from the Copy/Paste tool (Paint Room)? Did it not have options to copy red to blue and vice versa? It doesn't do squat on my end, as you can see in the video. Same goes for the Scrape tool in the Voxel Room. Can't adjust the intensity...it's broken. Turn the depth all the way to 0 and it still scrapes like it's stuck on 100%.

http://www.screencast.com/t/j63VtHgYGRx

Hi! Copy/ Paste tool works here. Ctrl + C copys parts of the surface and ctrl + v paste it. Red to blue and vice versa belongs to Topological symmetry tool.

You can copy/paste with the regular brush tool, what's the dedicated tool good for?

Trying to paint on a mesh with a 4k texture this morning to see if it's as bad as some people have said. Some things work fine, but almost every layer-based operation has noticeable lag, especially sliding opacity values which almost hangs the program sometimes (entering them in directly just to be safe).

Edited by PolyHertz

• Reputable Contributor

Hi! Copy/ Paste tool works here. Ctrl + C copys parts of the surface and ctrl + v paste it. Red to blue and vice versa belongs to Topological symmetry tool.

How can you tell what you are selecting to copy in the first place? No highlighting of the mesh or anything?

• Reputable Contributor

any 1 have troubles with realtime render in render room ?

or display refresh time ?

or light changes ?

im using v16 and render room is a mess

Yes, Sometimes when you transpose your model in the render room it will leave a ghost behind that does not go away... You have to uncheck and recheck 32 bit rendering for it to go away.

Linux 64 bit non-cuda 4.00.15A beta. This is OpenGl mode as that is the only one available in Linux.

I have not posted a bug report if you do so I will +1 the report....

So, no support of 16 or 32 bit displacement maps on masks panel.

Thank you for confirming it.

Too bad news actually.

I agree. It's on my list for v5, I'll be posting a rather long list as soon as v4 is released of things that didn't make it, and haven't made it since v3 cycle started. I hope to get these features some attention, maybe Andrew will take notice.

I'd go a step further on this too, layered EXR (AND Tif) support is very important, both 16 and 32bit, import AND export. It feels incomplete right now without this.

sorry me again

32bit on/off dont change nothing here

and without RT

in old versions... if you have 2 lights and move the second one... the render display refresh any changes in light position bypassing the anothers lights

but now

it only show changes over the light with more intensity

----------------------

Another question

Tool option

rotate along curve... is working ? (v16)

Here rotate the brush randomly in any direction

ty

• Reputable Contributor

How can you tell what you are selecting to copy in the first place? No highlighting of the mesh or anything?

Nevermind...I finally figured it out. Never used this tool before (always Clone Stamp tool). Very peculiar.

• Advanced Member

pngs 16 bit displacement maps will work alright, under masks panel. (32 bit is better though)

So, someone has to convert (no, to rebuild) all these default gallery masks to 16 bits PNG at least.

This reminds me all this free stuff in zbrush libraries. Alphas as 8 bits. Too bad. Stay away, it's the best you can do.

• Reputable Contributor

I agree. It's on my list for v5, I'll be posting a rather long list as soon as v4 is released of things that didn't make it, and haven't made it since v3 cycle started. I hope to get these features some attention, maybe Andrew will take notice.

I'd go a step further on this too, layered EXR (AND Tif) support is very important, both 16 and 32bit, import AND export. It feels incomplete right now without this.

I went ahead and posted a Mantis feature request.

I gave two reasons, Higher quality Material and Mask images. There are more reasons than these so add all the notes you like...

Bug Report (0001163)

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I went ahead and posted a Mantis feature request.

I gave two reasons, Higher quality Material and Mask images. There are more reasons than these so add all the notes you like...

Bug Report (0001163)

We also need the ability to use the image adjustment options for masks that are available for materials. Why? Because you may want to adjust the contrast or gamma on a mask/stencil to get more punch when painting depth. Having to go to Photoshop to do this each time is a workflow killer, IMHO.

• Advanced Member

We also need the ability to use the image adjustment options for masks that are available for materials. Why? Because you may want to adjust the contrast or gamma on a mask/stencil to get more punch when painting depth. Having to go to Photoshop to do this each time is a workflow killer, IMHO.

OK, Just don't try it on a 16 - 32 bit displacement map. :)

Please will any1 confirm if Clone instance is working ? :huh:

In my version every Clone instance is take like PURE CLONE in memory, the frames drop to 1FPS and all the system is get down on knees. <_<

ty

V4 got release candidat, see first page. We plan to release next week.

Please test and check if I have not forgot something important.

Changes:

RC00

- pencil tool for single pixel painting

- new icons in navigation panel for ease of access

- new shaders preview

- a lot of refinement and bugfixes from mantis

Mac/Linux versions come soon.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

V4 got release candidat, see first page. We plan to release next week.

Please test and check if I have not forgot something important.

Changes:

RC00

- pencil tool for single pixel painting

- new icons in navigation panel for ease of access

- new shaders preview

- a lot of refinement and bugfixes from mantis

Mac/Linux versions come soon.

So we have to run RC00 in Free Trial mode then?

Edited by JimB