3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

Andrew could you please makes welding of vertices optional or on while user hold a key when moving vertices in retopo room....

When trying to move around vertices that are close to each other or have near backface close vertices it is a nightmare....vertices keeps accidently merging together its very,very difficult to work.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Andrew could you please makes welding of vertices optional or on while user hold a key when moving vertices in retopo room....

When trying to move around vertices that are close to each other or have near backface close vertices it is a nightmare....vertices keeps accidently merging together its very,very difficult to work.

I like this idea. What I've been doing is setting my brush radius small enough that this isn't an issue, but it can be tedious trying to determine the fine balance between it being small enough not to be an issue, but big enough for me to see the brush cursor.

• Advanced Member

Great. Thanks for the info Abn Ranger.

Hope he gets a lot of money so he can blow it on development. :D Either that or pay ransom to get Raoul out of Cuba!

And now that Version 4 is finally good to go this means Andrew can get back to thinking big advanced thoughts again in anticipation of V.5.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

Hope he gets a lot of money so he can blow it on development. :D And now that Version 4 is finally good to go this means Andrew can get back to thinking big advanced thoughts again in anticipation of V.5.

Yea Hopefully he uses some of those funds to get a second programmer so improvements can come faster, and any "big advanced thoughts" that he gets immediately after v4 is released involve the paint room :)

• Reputable Contributor

I tried to get Andrew in touch with Dave Cardwell, who was one of the original co-developers of Mudbox....and no longer with Autodesk. Maybe he can recommend someone to Andrew or something along those lines. Would like to know how Mudbox uses the GPU to accelerate all of it's sculpting and painting. They copied 3D Coat's Auto-Retopo toolset in their 2014 release, so maybe Andrew can return the favor by stealing a page from their playbook this time. :D

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I tried to get Andrew in touch with Dave Cardwell, who was one of the original co-developers of Mudbox....and no longer with Autodesk. Maybe he can recommend someone to Andrew or something along those lines. Would like to know how Mudbox uses the GPU to accelerate all of it's sculpting and painting. They copied 3D Coat's Auto-Retopo toolset in their 2014 release, so maybe Andrew can return the favor by stealing a page from their playbook this time. :D

Yeah I'd like him to steal their Vector Displacement.

Hello.

I've just installed v4 RC00 and my serial number stopped working. I enter it and click register. Website shows that my number is registered but the registration dialog is shown again without any error.

• Advanced Member

Boroda, I did the same ! I think this "Release Candidate" runs in trial until the full release next week,then if like me you bought 3.7 with free 4 upgrade it will sort it self out....I hope.

What new shader previews? are they a bit different? I guess Ive never really looked at them that closely... :wacko:

• Advanced Member

Hello.

I've just installed v4 RC00 and my serial number stopped working. I enter it and click register. Website shows that my number is registered but the registration dialog is shown again without any error.

I reported the same problem to Andrew.

• Advanced Member

Andrew just let me know that the old keys won't work on V4 and new ones will come out in a couple of days. I guess I have to go back out and redownload an older v4 beta and install it, again.

Just run it in trail mode (30 day trial).

Updated to RC01 (Win)

- Important! LC detils parameter changed to be in consistency with V3.7.18. Now it produces 2x more detils than before, othervice even maximal value 3.0 gives not enough details. Pay attention to that change, if you set hight value for LC details, decrease it twice. Default spacing adjusted a bit to produce more comfortaable result. This change needs your check if I have not broken comfortable sculpting feeing. If I do this change later it will be too hard to explain it to a wider auditory.
- brush option "rotate along stroke" improved a lot
- FipX/Y/Z fixed
- set of defult brushes/strips/masks updated
- Increse/Decrease 2X problem fixed

• Contributor

In the beginning i was sfraid

Updated to RC01 (Win)

- Important! LC detils parameter changed to be in consistency with V3.7.18. Now it produces 2x more detils than before, othervice even maximal value 3.0 gives not enough details. Pay attention to that change, if you set hight value for LC details, decrease it twice. Default spacing adjusted a bit to produce more comfortaable result. This change needs your check if I have not broken comfortable sculpting feeing. If I will do this change later it will be too hard to explain it to wider auditory.
- FipX/Y/Z fixed

Sculpting feels fine on my side.

The overall sculpt feeling is far superior to anything i was tested until now.

ty for that.

//help

I still see the old shader icons

How can i reset the icons preview without delete the old V4 folder ?

ty

Edited by carlosa

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to RC01 (Win)

- Important! LC detils parameter changed to be in consistency with V3.7.18. Now it produces 2x more detils than before, othervice even maximal value 3.0 gives not enough details. Pay attention to that change, if you set hight value for LC details, decrease it twice. Default spacing adjusted a bit to produce more comfortaable result. This change needs your check if I have not broken comfortable sculpting feeing. If I will do this change later it will be too hard to explain it to wider auditory.

- FipX/Y/Z fixed

Thank you for the LC details being more consistent with v3.7.18. I was just going to write an e-mail to you about the problems with LC Detail slider settings. It also really effected larger brush stamps using the stamp tool from the e-panel. You could never get the detail to increase enough for a clear stamp. In fact in v3.7.18 you could go pass 10.00 manually. This was great for large brush stamps. Please if possible make it so we can go pass 10.00 manually again. This is very important for very large stamps using the stamp tools... Another reason is that you can keep the polygon count lower but stamps those nice looking details.

I will check the detail slider settings when the Linux version 4RC01 is released. I'm not testing the windows version as we have enough windows users to do that...

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hey,

I'm very excited to try out the new release candidate. I think Live Clay is starting to become more and more powerful.

Just my 2 cents, and I hope I'm not offending anyone, but I am not 100% thrilled with the 3D Coat branding, I think something like this would be cooler and also do a better job of showing 3D coats strengths...Booleans, layer based painting and texturing.

Again, this literally took me about 15 minutes to do in Blender and 3DC. But with a little more time, I think someone could make something a lot nicer.

post-3280-0-05848100-1369721915_thumb.pn