3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

there seem to be an issue with Generalbrush where Flatten curve will either gets greyed out or will borrow the flatten curve of previous preset,

As you can see in picture the curve is greyed out and uneditable,I dont know what exactly trigger this.

attachicon.gifcurve.3b.jpg

Press "ToDefault"

Tkx and Happy New Year ! :D

Updated to 4.0.13A

- Regular smoothing in LC

- All modes in General brush work correctly with symmetry

- Flatten curve problem solved

Thanx :)

still getting holes using LC in 13A tough,this time FlattenClay was used.

holes always looks like this...

I think it dont happen in 12F but I will try to get one in 12F today with long sculpting session.

post-1195-0-67895300-1388587092_thumb.jp

EDIT:

its really a 13/13A issue it seems...I am really not able to get those holes in 12F.Something must have changed that create this.

Thanx :)

still getting holes using LC in 13A tough,this time FlattenClay was used.

holes always looks like this...

I think it dont happen in 12F but I will try to get one in 12F today with long sculpting session.

attachicon.gifhole4.jpg

EDIT:

its really a 13/13A issue it seems...I am really not able to get those holes in 12F.Something must have changed that create this.

May it be caused by general brush? Could be sooo good to identify what brush causes this.

May it be caused by general brush? Could be sooo good to identify what brush causes this.

One time it was LC brush,one time it was CreaseClay,one time Flatten Clay...but maybe General Brush did something to the surface beforehand  for the issue to happen with other brushes.But one time using Undo/Redo it clearly was LC base brush that caused the hole.

Anyway, I will try to reproduce using only one brush (GB,LC ect...)

What is size of downloaded file? Please tell full name of file and exact size.

Sorry for the delay. The .exe file shows 283,857,277 bytes (283,860,992 bytes on disk)

When I double-click the corruption message. I tried using an unzip operation and that did extract it. I copied the files over the existing install and it "seems" to be working. I have had this issue with several of the builds.

Thank You,

Kevin

post-21705-0-65435000-1388609382_thumb.p

Edited by splinetime

Maybe this is off base, but maybe it can help.

If I blow out the depth settings, and use a click/stroke like a "swat" at the object, all the brushes will produce a gridded texture that's torn. Brushes with a more dramatic shape will tear more.

You may just say "what do you expect from crazy values", but I thought it may relate to "sometimes it tears"....

Anyway...

Hi

I think that "Copy tool" does not work in 4.0.13A
It seems to be disturbed to automatic pick

windows8 64bit
intel corei7
nvidia GTX670
with cuda

Is this topic good here?

Hi

I think that "Copy tool" does not work in 4.0.13A

It seems to be disturbed to automatic pick

windows8 64bit

intel corei7

nvidia GTX670

with cuda

Is this topic good here?

With the COPY tool, you need to create a separate layer > then brush select the part you want to copy. If you are on the same layer as the one your are trying to create a copy FROM....it won't do jack. It creates that copy onto your blank/new layer. Some tools will create a new layer for you, but COPY isn't one of them.

Edited by AbnRanger

With the COPY tool, you need to create a separate layer > then brush select the part you want to copy. If you are on the same layer as the one your are trying to create a copy FROM....it won't do jack. It creates that copy onto your blank/new layer. Some tools will create a new layer for you, but COPY isn't one of them.

Thank you for quick response.AbnRanger.

This is the movie that i tried it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftjgmje1m1a11wc/copy_tool_bug.wmv

When I am trying to it,  reference is autopicked.

Sorry for the delay. The .exe file shows 283,857,277 bytes (283,860,992 bytes on disk)

When I double-click the corruption message. I tried using an unzip operation and that did extract it. I copied the files over the existing install and it "seems" to be working. I have had this issue with several of the builds.

Thank You,

Kevin

Size is correct. Do you have good antivirus? If checksumm changed it may be

1) virus problem

2) HDD problems

Try downloading 13A

Thank you for quick response.AbnRanger.

This is the movie that i tried it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftjgmje1m1a11wc/copy_tool_bug.wmv

When I am trying to it,  reference is autopicked.

I would say that looks like a bug, but when I try it on my end, the tool works correctly. Try closing the app > going to the MyDocs/3D Coat V4 directory > delete the OPTIONS.XML file > re-install the latest build. Sometimes that Options.XML file gets buggered up and exhibits bug-like behavior. Sometimes, just closing and re-opening the app will straighten out funky behavior.

I would say that looks like a bug, but when I try it on my end, the tool works correctly. Try closing the app > going to the MyDocs/3D Coat V4 directory > delete the OPTIONS.XML file > re-install the latest build. Sometimes that Options.XML file gets buggered up and exhibits bug-like behavior. Sometimes, just closing and re-opening the app will straighten out funky behavior.

Thank you so much,AbnRanger.!

I did it. And the Tool was recovered.

Thank you for keeping me company with my poor English.

Could someone confirm that cloning in the paint room in 2d/UV viewport doesn't work? I get weird artifacts.  

I need to post just to see something added here. I don't know the last time I saw it so quiet on this thread. Everyone still on holiday?

Edited by unity2k

If I assign a hotkey to Voxel Room->Transform->Move only gizmo, it gets deleted whenever I assign the same hotkey to Retopo Room->Transform->Move only gizmo. And vice-versa. Weren't we supposed to be able to set same shortcuts in different rooms without them colliding with each other?

If I assign a hotkey to Voxel Room->Transform->Move only gizmo, it gets deleted whenever I assign the same hotkey to Retopo Room->Transform->Move only gizmo. And vice-versa. Weren't we supposed to be able to set same shortcuts in different rooms without them colliding with each other?

It's hard coded to the SHIFT key

• Like 1

It's hard coded to the SHIFT key

Hah!

Thankie.

Edited by ajz3d

Just want to share a screenshot  about using wrinkleClay  :D

11A is not a very good build for Liveclay,its right in the middle of Andrew and Raul new fixes....13A is super stable.

....also posting a screenshot like that without any explanations or ways to reproduce is not constructive beta testing at all...

the screenshot show your are using 424 depth value,what are you trying to do?

Wrinkleclay is a very bad brush...I mean compared to CreaseClay...it barely does any wrinkles,

its more a weird pinch brush really..to do wrinkles CreaseClay is a thousand times better.