3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Andrew how hard would it be to allow the use of voxel room shaders in PPP,Microvertex and PTEX mode?

Andrew how hard would it be to allow the use of voxel room shaders in PPP,Microvertex and PTEX mode?

Generally PPP shaders are very different from Voxel shaders. So direct usage is not possible.

Generally PPP shader is customable - just change Shaders/obj_tbn

Hi

Pose Tool in Voxel Mode:

- cant see smooth fall off colors anymore

I used the Edit Falloff" graph to successfully create a nice falloff. But after adjusting the graph, one needs to create a new selection.

Ty Tony

Resetting the default shader solve the problem

Important Info:

There are currently a lot of resolved issues in Mantis. To all mantis users: Please support us and check your personal resolved issues. If possible, set them to "Closed" please. If not, please set them to "Feedback" and describe the problem.

This makes the development overview much easier and motivates the coders. ;)

Thank you very much

Chris

• Like 1

Updated to 4.0.14C

- Surface Clay modified a bit to increase predictability (now it does not lift surface)

- Buildup tool changed to correspond to it's description and to be good start point for building surface.

- Pose tool corrected to avoid problems of switching between FFD and regular mode.

- two new specular blending modes - Overwrite and Alpha-blend. Overwrite acts only if specularity is above zero.

- UI stability improved, solved several problems that may lead to crash.

Thanks Andrew, but the download speed is horrendously slow (about 30-80kb/s). I ran a download speed test, and it's running around 20mbps. Is there still something wrong with the server?

Edited by AbnRanger

I usually download in about 8 mins. ( speed test said 19.5 mb/s) .I couldnt get the website for about a day though,maybe there is a glitch somewhere? ( my download as always been about 8mins. It must be the nature of the beast , I guess I live in a lucky spot, Manchester UK)

500? Are you sure about that? SSD's can transfer data that fast...but even the fastest IP's only offer about 30-50mbps download speeds. Maybe you mean 500Kbps?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820248016

Duh! Yeah, kbs. I do get 2100 kbs from The Economist which is the fastest in my personal experience.

• Like 1

Im currently using Stamp mode in vertex paint and Im encountering 2 big issues with it.(probably issue is in other modes too,but i did not try)

1)The Stamp is applied dozens of times while Im dragging the scale ...like a trail...its impossible to drag/scale an alpha image with it like in zb/mb.

The way it should work is: Stamp is applied when dragging is released....not while dragging.This is the way it works in zb/mb/mari.

Otherwize its impossible to drag images on mesh without creating ugly trail mess...

2)Undo does not work when I try to undo that big trail mess.

Do anyone also experience this?

Stamp mode and stamp mode with movable brush, yup

tested issues and confirmed here

I need 1,5 until 2 hours for download, nearly 40 minutes for 100MB .... Its just a bad provider in my village, yes its not good to want be a CG ARTIST in a small village. But I think, that this year I will move in a city (I'm from Germany). I have 384kbits download and very bad are my uploads - 64kbits :(

But I have a problem with my current project:

I did used MULTI-RESOLUTION, for better hardware-performance. But now, if I want reset the MULTIRESOLUTION into the original STATUS, 3DCOAT did delete all objects in this layer, and I have an empty layer. Hmmmm ....

I need 1,5 until 2 hours for download, nearly 40 minutes for 100MB .... Its just a bad provider in my village, yes its not good to want be a CG ARTIST in a small village. But I think, that this year I will move in a city (I'm from Germany). I have 384kbits download and very bad are my uploads - 64kbits :(

But I have a problem with my current project:

I did used MULTI-RESOLUTION, for better hardware-performance. But now, if I want reset the MULTIRESOLUTION into the original STATUS, 3DCOAT did delete all objects in this layer, and I have an empty layer. Hmmmm ....

Which build are you using? Andrew mentioned reecntly doing some work on Cached layers to try and prevent issues such as this. Wouldn't hurt to send him the file, though.

• Like 1

Paint room

Paint a object

change Opacity level % (the value left blend modes)

Do undo

UNDO change the level value 1 by one

if you change the number from 100 to 0... undo is doing 99 steps changing the opacity levels

please any1 will confirM ?

ty

• Like 1

Andrew,  could we have a hide function shortcut for the transform tool? Placing smaller details is visually difficult when the transform gizmo gets in the way/ obscures the view.

With emphasis currently on improving existing features - a hide function for the transform tool would be most welcome.

Paint room

Paint a object

change Opacity level % (the value left blend modes)

Do undo

UNDO change the level value 1 by one

if you change the number from 100 to 0... undo is doing 99 steps changing the opacity levels

please any1 will confirM ?

ty

Can confirm to an extent, it doesn't actually take me 99 steps to undo, but it does take me a variable range of 30-50 undos, which is still far too many from what should only be one. It seems that it counts at every point that the slider reaches a value and the image updates as a result of it and counts that as a step instead of waiting for the user to release the mouse button. Just a shot in the dark there, but from my experience that seems to be what's happening. Since my computer is more than likely much slower than yours Carlosan, that would explain why it would take me less undos as my computer can't update the image as quick as yours. Again, just a theory, but maybe it helps!

Which build are you using? Andrew mentioned reecntly doing some work on Cached layers to try and prevent issues such as this. Wouldn't hurt to send him the file, though.

I use 4.0.14A CUDA/DX/64 bit, Windows 7 ...

I'm soryy dear AbnRanger, but my Internet is to worst for sending large files. :cray:

I use 4.0.14A CUDA/DX/64 bit, Windows 7 ...

I'm soryy dear AbnRanger, but my Internet is to worst for sending large files. :cray:

I had some issues with a cached layer recently and sent the file to Andrew. I think he tried to address it somewhat in either 4.014B or C

Ok, I have two paint room bugs that I've found, if they've been mentioned before I apologize in advance. The first one is that is very easy to test, bring an model into the paint room, use the text tool, and try to use any of the oblique fonts. They get cut off and you don't get to see the end of the last letter. The second one, and I don't know if this happens consistently yet or not, have not yet had the chance to thoroughly test this. If I have a cylindrical type object in the paint room and use the draw with splines tool and have it wrapping at least somewhat past the point at which you can see the nodes of the spline itself (see first image below), and then I hit enter (or click apply in the menu, neither one works), the object is randomly moved off of the screen and I then have to recenter it (see second image). While neither of those are as huge in importance as some of these other bugs, they can get to be annoying. Can anyone else confirm these bugs?

P.S. I have tried this in all of the 4.0.14 versions as well as the 4.0.11 version, just to see if a more legacy version had it working, but none that I've tried do. 

post-37729-0-88121900-1392257467_thumb.j

post-37729-0-03068900-1392257570_thumb.j

Edited by GeneralAce55

Ok, I have two paint room bugs that I've found, if they've been mentioned before I apologize in advance. The first one is that is very easy to test, bring an model into the paint room, use the text tool, and try to use any of the oblique fonts. They get cut off and you don't get to see the end of the last letter. The second one, and I don't know if this happens consistently yet or not, have not yet had the chance to thoroughly test this. If I have a cylindrical type object in the paint room and use the draw with splines tool and have it wrapping at least somewhat past the point at which you can see the nodes of the spline itself (see first image below), and then I hit enter (or click apply in the menu, neither one works), the object is randomly moved off of the screen and I then have to recenter it (see second image). While neither of those are as huge in importance as some of these other bugs, they can get to be annoying. Can anyone else confirm these bugs?

P.S. I have tried this in all of the 4.0.14 versions as well as the 4.0.11 version, just to see if a more legacy version had it working, but none that I've tried do. 

attachicon.gifscreenshot of spline bug.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot of spline bug2.jpg

Did you posted this issue into mantis? If not please do it. Thank you.

Thanks Taros and ajz3d, I'll post the oblique text one in mantis if after searching around a bit I don't find it mentioned. Sorry for posting something you've already mentioned ajz3d

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk