3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Thanks for making that clear Marc & Grimm. ;)

Tony, I do indeed show and tell people how awesome 3D-Coat is along with Andrew and team. 

Aside from the great product this year, the YouTube channel IMHO has been pure gold.

They deserve sales and much respect! 

Edited by CyBorge
  • Like 1

Javis, thank you for answering, but it didn´t help. Again I post because I´m still missing the quick retopology function in 4.1. I reinstalled 4.0.2 (the last I knew that had it) and the function is not the usual autopo dialog - it´s totally different and 100 or 1000 times faster in tesselation with assured 100% quads. It´s also not the export quad function that creates worse results compared to it.

You can activate it with RMB in the voxel room on the object->Autopology->uncheck "create edge lines". The dialog appearing has less and totally different parameters.

I attached some screenshots showing it (in german).

post-9190-0-85907400-1415555382_thumb.jp

post-9190-0-39722500-1415555386_thumb.jp

Edited by Crush

• Advanced Member

I got a newsletter from Pilgway.

Pbr build is available?

Just a comment for the new video tutorials. It would be great if it would use the default UI for people trying to follow the tutorial. I think abn is doing this right? A quick preset load back to default UI would be appreciated. Quality is excellent except for that aspect.

• Advanced Member
I got a newsletter from Pilgway.

Pbr build is available?

Just a comment for the new video tutorials. It would be great if it would use the default UI for people trying to follow the tutorial. I think abn is doing this right? A quick preset load back to default UI would be appreciated. Quality is excellent except for that aspect.

I agree completely! And I too received that email, was that not supposed to go out yet?

• Contributor

There'll be issues with pbr anyway, so don't try to rush you may get 30% of bug report cut that way.

And that's valid for any other stuff Andrew does, in fact I wouldn't mind having the update pace slowed down a little if this meant more polished an tested features. No point in filling mantis with bug from ALPHA not beta :)

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor

There'll be issues with pbr anyway, so don't try to rush you may get 30% of bug report cut that way.

And that's valid for any other stuff Andrew does, in fact I wouldn't mind having the update pace slowed down a little if this meant more polished an tested features. No point in filling mantis with bug from ALPHA not beta :)

Exactly. Bug reports = User lost time and effort. It's ultimately better for the developer to polish a tool as much as they can before handing it out to the masses. There are some things where user input will be critical, but there are often some features that are released that don't seem like much thought or development effort went into (because Andrew was in a rush).

Some posts have been removed by the Admin Team, for their downright insults, overly rude and otherwise completely unnecessary aggressiveness. Other posts were also removed that were responding to the trolling posts. Apologies from us to those that were affected by the aforementioned events.

As a reminder, this kind of behavior is not tolerated. This is a professional forum, all conduct on this forum should be too. Any conversation, treatment of others and the like to the contrary will be dealt with as swiftly as possible, and with a careful, yet iron fisted approach.

Also, please remain on topic. :)

Thanks,

The Admin Team (Carlos, Chris & Javis)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Has anyone else been getting 3d-coat crashes after undoing the pose tool in the sculpt room? Happens every time for me.

edit: looks like it's dependent on how many vox layers you're using, as a new file doesn't crash, just the existing one I'm using.

Edited by b33nine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi guys,

just importedd PBR to my folders but it doesn't works

i get this error message:

Unable to compile shader

shader: obj_tbn

defines: # VIEW_ENV

Compiling log: 

retry   /     Skip

More Infos:

Camera orthographique render full black

Camera Perspective render grey background + Black object

Edited by blackant Master

Btw, in gdrive folder - there is masks.rar and materials.3dcpack. It is not beta! It is alpha or tech demo - only for those who is ready to risk! I renew it almost daily. So if you still want - download, unrar, overwrite installation folder and look. Keep backup of Docs/3D-CoatV4/patterns folder.

And it is not for announcements anywhere.

[edited by forum administration]

there is a new build btw

masks.rar - uncompressed to 3DC folder

materials.3dcpack - installed as extension

open the new file 3D-CoatDX64SF.exe

This were your steps ?

---------------------------

Surface PBR Paint must be done using the new PBR shader

post-10142-0-76647400-1418949549_thumb.j

This new PBR system looks amazing!

From what I was able to try out, it's a breath of fresh air. It's truly fantastic work :). In all honesty, between voxels, UVing, UV tiles, retopology, cubic projection... and now PBR, 3dcoat is one of my favorite 3d tools ever. Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

Sorry, this may sound like a stupid question, but is PBR in the current build, because I can't find it.

Not stupid. :)

It's an alpha build, the file you need is in google drive and requires a little bit of manual work. Here's a quick guide:

Here are the instructions on getting/using the beta. There is no proper installer yet, so you'll need to do some manual actions.

You'll need:

Here's what to do:

• Copy the entire installation folder of 4.1.17D to a new folder (name is unimportant, just remember what you call it)
  • Extract the contents of 'masks.rar' into this new copied folder
  • Replace all extracted contents of 'masks.rar' when prompted
  • Run 3D-CoatDX64SF.exe, this is the alpha build

PBR Viewport shading uses environment maps, which can be changed from the Camera menu. Anything that says "Environment" relates to this function. To create PBR Materials, open the PBR Materials panel (it might not be named that in the build, it could still be called "Stamps" fwiw) and click "New", you'll be prompted with the new PBR Material Editor window.