3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

When I import a obj model into the retopo room that has "smoothing groups" for the purpose of creating the uv set the smoothing groups are removed upon exporting.

This does not happen if I import the same model straight into the paintroom using the automapping function or if I have created the uv set in another application. When I export the obj model out of the paint room using File/export, the smoothing groups remain intact...

3DC version 4.0.18B

Edited by digman

Found it, only visible layers are exported

but... look the exported Normal Map

Is this ok ?

attachicon.gifnmap.tga.jpg

... looks like color + nmap are mixed at export

* diffuse and specular looks fine

Alpha of normalmap contains gloss/specular

i see... is glow  ^_^

ty for your time

thats is great  :)

question:

LOD model... how is it created ?  :huh:

Could be possible -in the future- let the users to only download releases using same name/passwrd used when registered ?

ty

--------------

//edit

is this bug back ?

post-10142-0-12545900-1395968173_thumb.j

• Like 1

I uploaded preliminary 4.1.00 .......

Please don't post anywhere this info, it is information for this forum only.

Congrats on the .1 release. Really looking forward to the OS X update.

cheers

Nothing major so far...

The only thing I forgot to mention is that for several versions now the depth Shaders glitch as shown in the picture. I rarely use them so I just forgot...

This happens in Linux version 4.0.15B opengl 64bit non cuda , Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I would think it is a driver issue though when I updated my Linux video drivers the problem is still  there...

This problem should not in anyway I think delay the release of 4.1 but it is a heads up for later investigation...

post-518-0-11858700-1395956977_thumb.png

Edited by digman

GUI text looks better again, thanks!

I still see typos though, as reported here (attention I accidentally spelled bas-relief wrong myself in that post.

i want to thanks every progress and features added to 4.1.Waiting OSX version !

a small question also:

is it possible to disable right click menu?i would use it on voxtree window only.it seems needless if you are editing point splines for instance (right clicks)and it keeps appearing!

thanks again for this wonderful tool,Andrew!

i want to thanks every progress and features added to 4.1.Waiting OSX version !

a small question also:

is it possible to disable right click menu?i would use it on voxtree window only.it seems needless if you are editing point splines for instance (right clicks)and it keeps appearing!

thanks again for this wonderful tool,Andrew!

You can disable that feature in the Preferences menu.... If it is not there then you are using a beta that did not have the ability to turn it off. Andrew added the disable in the preference menu as others had ask too as you have done...

Nothing major so far...

The only thing I forgot to mention is that for several versions now the depth Shaders glitch as shown in the picture. I rarely use them so I just forgot...

This happens in Linux version 4.0.15B opengl 64bit non cuda , Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I would think it is a driver issue though when I updated my Linux video drivers the problem is still  there...

This problem should not in anyway I think delay the release of 4.1 but it is a heads up for later investigation...

Longstanding depth shader + shadow issue finally fixed in OSX/Linux/GL version.

I uploaded preliminary 4.1.00 that will be released tomorrow - first page.

This is features page (preliminary) - http://3d-coat.com/3d-coat-41/

Please tell me if you will find something awful.

Please don't post anywhere this info, it is information for this forum only.

I can't wait for OSX!

Typo: 3D secection

http://3d-coat.com/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_3dsel_1_efa290d993.jpg

cheers

What is the countdown clock on the front page?  It looks like it's counting down 10 days until the 4.1 release, which of course already ahappened.

Oh I see, I should include that in my post on CGTalk.

--

I'm having an odd error. 4.1 works fine on my current PC, but it won't run on my old PC (which ran every other version fine). I just get this blank error screen.

03.28.2014-23.56.png

One feature request (or maybe its somewhere, but im only missing it):

Lathe-tool in primitives:

Would it be possible to have a option to rotate the curve-profile grid counterclock wise to 90° ?

That would be more intuitive for me, since the primitives are upright (not laying)

and thanks for the great feature presentation, please keep at least this standard for next new features/workflows. It really helps to get a good impression, of what 3DC is capable. Thats what existing part time users and interested persons always want. :)

Edited by chingchong
  • Like 2

I've gotten that a time or two, over the years. I think a reboot and re-install fixes it.

Hmm Well I reinstalled and redownloaded 3 times. I'll try rebooting. Thanks.

post-37729-0-24457100-1396119793_thumb.p

I don't know how easy or hard of a fix this is, but it seems like many brushes, especially when dealing with curved surfaces behave like this when they start to go over the edge. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? Is it just a setting that I am not using correctly? I have so far tried adjusting my normal sampling but that has not helped. Thanks in advance!

Depth shaders problem resolved by clean install of version 4.1 in Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Thanks Andrew for the fixing this long standing issue. :D

Once I completely had a clean install of 4.1, I no longer have depth shader problems.

The problem in 4.1 was a corruption somewhere in the betas as first I just overwrote the last RC beta we had with the official release version.

I will continue to watch the depth shaders so if a problem arises hopefully there will be none but if there are, then I can pin point the problem quicker.

Edited by digman

Update... I did find another source of problem with the depth Shader...

I loaded my background image that I use when sculpting, an jpg image and the problems return... I will check other file formats...

So for right now, the normal internal 3DC vertical gradient works with no problems...

Edit:

I tested the png file format as well, same problem of the glitch and when you invert the brush stroke, it does not appear till you move the model.

Edited by digman

I discovered a bug in the paint room. When using the Clone tool and pressure sensitivity on, it's OK when brushing but when you lift up the pen that spot gets erased. It seems similar to the old problem with spikes appearing at the end of the stroke in the Voxel room. I'd post video but I just remembered it while I'm out and on my phone.

Edit:  Here's the video I couldn't make earlier.

http://screencast.com/t/TVxOaWAWE