3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Ok I figured it out I had to change the shader on all layers to default in 4.1.00 

Something is up with PicMat_Skin2 shader as soon as I touch it 3DC 4.1.02 crashes

Edited by StriderX

Hello. I'm using v4.1.02. In voxel room ,merge tool option panel have no 'auto scale' and have two 'align to view' button.

how should I do?

Hi roomero! Welcome. :)

I would download the latest build (first post in this thread has the links) and it will be there. Before installing it, I would clear your configs. If you're on Windoze, the configs reside at: %USERNAME%\Documents\3D-CoatV4\

Then install, and try the merge tool. Please let us know if it is still happening. Though I suspect this will fix the issue. :)

Updated to 4.1.03 (Win+Mac+Lin)

- fixed shaders crash

- Split&Joints got delta distance between joints sides

- more safe cached volumes - I vanished all known ways to destroy it (it was possible for example with Resample)

- Merge tool got "To main axis", auto-scale problem fixed as well

• Like 1

Updated to 4.1.03 (Win+Mac+Lin)

- fixed shaders crash

- Split&Joints got delta distance between joints sides

- more safe cached volumes - I vanished all known ways to destroy it (it was possible for example with Resample)

- Merge tool got "To main axis", auto-scale problem fixed as well

Thanks, Andrew. :good:

Возможно уже писали, но в версии 4.1 проблема с переходом через горячие клавищи с инструмента [Манипуляция] на другие инструменты. Возможно только с большим разрешением объекта.

Ok I have found a pretty serious bug in the paint room with the stamp modes. As you continue to move your brush, it applies the stroke each time it changes. In the image shown below, I used the stamp mode that scales the brush and that is the result after one drag. As you can see, the alpha is applied multiple times when I only want it to be applied once. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but this is while vertex painting the voxel model in the sculpt room. I will test this problem in the paint room on a uv'd model now to see if that also has the bug.

Ok I have found a pretty serious bug in the paint room with the stamp modes. As you continue to move your brush, it applies the stroke each time it changes. In the image shown below, I used the stamp mode that scales the brush and that is the result after one drag. As you can see, the alpha is applied multiple times when I only want it to be applied once. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but this is while vertex painting the voxel model in the sculpt room. I will test this problem in the paint room on a uv'd model now to see if that also has the bug.

this has been fixed a while ago.

Please try latest build,

It works fine on my side in 4.1.03

this has been fixed a while ago.

Please try latest build,

It works fine on my side in 4.1.03

I was using the latest build, but for some reason it was still not working, however, when I saved it under a different file name, it began working correctly, perhaps it was because I started this project in an earlier build and there were compatibility issues? In any case, it's working as it should now, sorry for the false alarm

Edit: Nevermind, it was working, but is not working once more here is a screenshot of what is happening post-37729-0-84014300-1398192441_thumb.p

Edited by GeneralAce55

What happened to reset space in the merge tool in 4.1.03? I'm not seeing any way to get back to the default model after it's been transformed into different shapes.

3D-Coat 4.1.04 - Update

blog_update.jpg

Changes:

• Improvement: Split&Joints got delta distance between joints sides
  • Improvement: More safe cached volumes - Andrew vanished all known ways to destroy it (it was possible for example with Resample)
  • Improvement: Merge tool got "To main axis", auto-scale problem fixed as well
  • Fix: Fixed shaders crash

Same changes as in 4.1.03 ?

Or why that Version?

Same changes as in 4.1.03 ?

Or why that Version?

No. I was my fault. I haven't found the 03 list and Andrew was faster than me with updates...

Andrew when switching camera shortcuts while transform tool is selected,transform gizmo position is changed and Leave Rotated axis becomes unchecked.

Anybody else notice that when you have multiple UV sets (Retopo or UV...it's the same), and hit CTRL + Z to UNDO....instead of Undoing the last operation, 3D Coat switches you back to the last UV set you were previously in?

Modify something while working on UV's > UNDO = switched to the last UV set instead. This happened in 4.1.03 and today, too, in 4.1.04

Maybe something going

Anybody else notice that when you have multiple UV sets (Retopo or UV...it's the same), and hit CTRL + Z to UNDO....instead of Undoing the last operation, 3D Coat switches you back to the last UV set you were previously in?

Modify something while working on UV's > UNDO = switched to the last UV set instead. This happened in 4.1.03 and today, too, in 4.1.04

Maybe something going on with UNDO in general... In paint room when I undo a few times (paint and depth), then 3DC grabs all the cpus at 100% not completing the operation.  I have to use system monitor in Linux to kill the 3DC process. This has never happened before...

Linux version 4.1.03, 64 bit non-cuda...

Edited by digman

Maybe something going

Maybe something going on with UNDO in general... In paint room when I undo a few times (paint and depth), then 3DC grabs all the cpus at 100% not completing the operation.  I have to use system monitor in Linux to kill the 3DC process. This has never happened before...

Linux version 4.1.03, 64 bit non-cuda...

Yeah...I've mentioned UNDO issues to Andrew before, but haven't heard or seen anything on that score. I still have times where UNDO just refuses to work. Just today, I had all kinds of funkiness going on with UNDO and paint layers

Love the new additions to the paint room layers. Right click on a layer and a whole bunch of options appear, like "Make Transparent", which is really helpful. Not quite sure how the "Flip Layer" option works though.

Thanks for your hard work Andrew!

4.1.04A

- chinese translation works correctly

- split&joints got gap not only in width but in depth as well

- CloseHole with rectangle works correctly

- STL-s from Solidworks (that actuall don't correspond to specification due to "solid" work at the beginning of binary STL) will be loaded correctly.

• Like 1

In paint room when I undo a few times (paint and depth), then 3DC grabs all the cpus at 100% not completing the operation.

Please download the latest build 4.1.04A and report is this problem reproducible on that build. Just tested “undo” on three different distributions and it works fine.

Please download the latest build 4.1.04A and report is this problem reproducible on that build. Just tested “undo” on three different distributions and it works fine.

4.1.04A has not been released as of today for Linux but will test as soon as it's ready for downloading.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Current Linux 3DC version 4.1.03 64 bit non-cuda.

Edited by digman

Vis-s-vis 4.1.o4A, "Undo" works perfectly on my Win 7, backing up through several iterations.