3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Any chance on a Linux build of this version before you go on holiday?   :)

Jason

There is big chance. I asked Sergyi to make build.

Even if I will leave, he will post it there.

Excellent!  Thank you very much, and thanks to Sergyi as well.   :D

Jason

Rayman:

will you please try again and post the result ?

There was uploading a new version 8A

--------

note about version 8A

- head + noise bug = solved, ty ;)

- Noise destroy symmetry = solved

post-10142-0-96201500-1401024864_thumb.j

- Realtime Preview typo = solved

- Vertical lathe curve

Sorry but cant find the change... i was waiting this:

post-10142-0-38919500-1401024407_thumb.j

//edit

i forgot to say... noise respect freeze tool = cool

noise tool is an humanoid factory ! lol :D

Displacement = 20

Size = 210

Sharpness = 0

Seed = use any random number to see changes

Noise = Anisotropic

post-10142-0-78027600-1401026368_thumb.j

post-10142-0-33957500-1401026382_thumb.j

post-10142-0-99633700-1401026392_thumb.j

post-10142-0-31275800-1401026906_thumb.j

• Like 2

Noise tool is very nice, I like it. :)

But yeah, I noticed this too. The lathe tool is not oriented vertically, but still horizontally.

Updated to 4.1.08B:

- lathe vertical

- chiesel tweaked - solved problem with symmetry on CTRL action, alpha rotated along stroke and modulated so that shape is maximally accurate, normal orthogonal to trajectory, it allows to avoid too quick and irregular diving into surface.

This is last update before my vacation. I will fly tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

Updated to 4.1.08B:

- lathe vertical

- chiesel tweaked - solved problem with symmetry on CTRL action, alpha rotated along stroke and modulated so that shape is maximally accurate, normal orthogonal to trajectory, it allows to avoid too quick and irregular diving into surface.

This is last update before my vacation. I will fly tomorrow morning.

Thanks Andrew!! Hope you have an awesome trip! You deserve it after all the hard work you've been putting into this program :)

Have a nice vacation!!! :) First iteration of noise tool is very cool and promising.

little issue(not urgent):

very old versions of my presets seems to have found their way into build 4.1.08B,I really dont undertsand why as they were supposed to have been deleted....those were not in previous builds.Some are potientially unsafe(use general brush) or just lesser or redundant versions of more recents presets.

Please clear and restore presets that were to go along 4.1 update.

@artman: where are the latest presets? Are you keeping them updated in that other preset thread of yours? Btw thanks again for making them!

@artman: where are the latest presets? Are you keeping them updated in that other preset thread of yours? Btw thanks again for making them!

the ones on the thread are ok,the one in 4.1 update too. (they are both valid and nearly the same I think)

Its just that build 4.1.08B seems to have resurected  old presets instead of usual 4.1 presets.

Very crappy bulge preset i made is there along with very old greeble brush based on GeneralBrush that required a strip to work (I made much better version latter, that do not require a strip)

Seems like we keep deviating away from the Paint Room focus.  I get fixing crashes that result from some of this work, and the extra tools in other rooms are nice, but the Paint Room still needs work.  I thought that was the focus of this line of updates.

Seems like we keep deviating away from the Paint Room focus.  I get fixing crashes that result from some of this work, and the extra tools in other rooms are nice, but the Paint Room still needs work.  I thought that was the focus of this line of updates.

Paint room focus still kept. Next important goals - layers maksks and axial symmetry.

Features like Noie was caused at first by my hobby :) I keep ants at home and want to make realistic printed ant house sections. Second reason is possibility to delegate Noise to other programmer - now we have 5 programmers and I need to give separated tasks for them. Noise is good separated task. Someone will tinker it.

Waiting for plane in airport now :) I will fly in 50 min.

• Like 1

Most of these additions are basically fixing what was wrong with the Primitives tool. Things like missing tool tips...the lathe profile being sideways, etc. Whether some here like it or not, a Noise Generator has been on the "To Do" list for a long, long, long, long time. Seems to me, Andrew is trying to please everyone by balancing things out between the rooms. Paint Layer Groups was a big task and it got done. There probably is not going to be a room by room focus. Too many people wanting things for all areas of the app, for that to occur.

But the Primitives tool clean up...I asked him to do that. Things like the new Primitives icons not having a name or tool-tip, etc. is just necessary cleanup that shouldn't be put off because some want focus applied elsewhere. I'm sure he'll return back to the Paint Room, to some extent, once he comes back from vacation.

• Like 1

Paint room focus still kept. Next important goals - layers maksks and axial symmetry.

Features like Noie was caused at first by my hobby :) I keep ants at home and want to make realistic printed ant house sections. Second reason is possibility to delegate Noise to other programmer - now we have 5 programmers and I need to give separated tasks for them. Noise is good separated task. Someone will tinker it.

Waiting for plane in airport now :) I will fly in 50 min.

Have a safe flight and a great time on vacation, Andrew. Much deserved. :good:

Andrew is trying to please everyone by balancing things out between the rooms.

big true

Spinning-Plates.gif

Yay @ layer masks :)

With that 2/3 of the changes I most wanted in the paint room will have been solved. If we can just get that nasty texture culling problem solved too, during this round of updates, world peace may yet be achieved :p

....and with Photoshop style Mask thumbnails + "Create :Layer Mask" icon at the bottom of the panel, please. :)

+1

I know I posted about the messed up layer blend mode selection a while back, but I finally got around to making a formal request on Mantis as it is extremely frustrating. Please test it out for me in case it's just my computer, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Here's the link to the post in case you're looking for it, http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1508