3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Yes, Spacepainter is exactly right! Some praise for how ambitiously great 3D-Coat, Andrew, and the community here, have been. 

PBR will just be more "Awesome"! - In fact, Andrew has been such a good boy, maybe he should be posting his Christmas list! :D  

Edited by CyBorge
  • Like 4

he's not a boy he is a father. Is the smile with teeth meant to make words more popular?

I guess this forum is about showing off your giant computer and being cynical. Used to be a more friendly place.

Edited by spacepainter

spacepainter, calling Andrew a good boy is, in english speaking countries, a term of endearment.  It comes from the stories children are told about Santa Claus and how "good boys" get presents and "bad boys" do not.  Look up "colloquialism" if your interested.  In other words it is a friendly and benign statement.

I am positive that there was no intention to denigrate Andrew. Chief on Andrew's "wish list" would perhaps include a rash of new sales. Tell your friends!

Thanks for making that clear Marc & Grimm. ;)

Tony, I do indeed show and tell people how awesome 3D-Coat is along with Andrew and team. 

Aside from the great product this year, the YouTube channel IMHO has been pure gold.

They deserve sales and much respect! 

Edited by CyBorge
  • Like 1

Javis, thank you for answering, but it didn´t help. Again I post because I´m still missing the quick retopology function in 4.1. I reinstalled 4.0.2 (the last I knew that had it) and the function is not the usual autopo dialog - it´s totally different and 100 or 1000 times faster in tesselation with assured 100% quads. It´s also not the export quad function that creates worse results compared to it.

You can activate it with RMB in the voxel room on the object->Autopology->uncheck "create edge lines". The dialog appearing has less and totally different parameters.

I attached some screenshots showing it (in german).

post-9190-0-85907400-1415555382_thumb.jp

post-9190-0-39722500-1415555386_thumb.jp

Edited by Crush

I got a newsletter from Pilgway.

Pbr build is available?

Just a comment for the new video tutorials. It would be great if it would use the default UI for people trying to follow the tutorial. I think abn is doing this right? A quick preset load back to default UI would be appreciated. Quality is excellent except for that aspect.

I got a newsletter from Pilgway.

Pbr build is available?

Just a comment for the new video tutorials. It would be great if it would use the default UI for people trying to follow the tutorial. I think abn is doing this right? A quick preset load back to default UI would be appreciated. Quality is excellent except for that aspect.

I agree completely! And I too received that email, was that not supposed to go out yet?

All this takes more time than usually. But I think it really worth the final desired result.

There'll be issues with pbr anyway, so don't try to rush you may get 30% of bug report cut that way.

And that's valid for any other stuff Andrew does, in fact I wouldn't mind having the update pace slowed down a little if this meant more polished an tested features. No point in filling mantis with bug from ALPHA not beta :)

• Like 2

There'll be issues with pbr anyway, so don't try to rush you may get 30% of bug report cut that way.

And that's valid for any other stuff Andrew does, in fact I wouldn't mind having the update pace slowed down a little if this meant more polished an tested features. No point in filling mantis with bug from ALPHA not beta :)

Exactly. Bug reports = User lost time and effort. It's ultimately better for the developer to polish a tool as much as they can before handing it out to the masses. There are some things where user input will be critical, but there are often some features that are released that don't seem like much thought or development effort went into (because Andrew was in a rush).

Some posts have been removed by the Admin Team, for their downright insults, overly rude and otherwise completely unnecessary aggressiveness. Other posts were also removed that were responding to the trolling posts. Apologies from us to those that were affected by the aforementioned events.

As a reminder, this kind of behavior is not tolerated. This is a professional forum, all conduct on this forum should be too. Any conversation, treatment of others and the like to the contrary will be dealt with as swiftly as possible, and with a careful, yet iron fisted approach.

Also, please remain on topic. :)

Thanks,

The Admin Team (Carlos, Chris & Javis)

• Like 1

Remember that whatever Andrew releases will be beta and it's generally not recommended to use beta software for important work.

Has anyone else been getting 3d-coat crashes after undoing the pose tool in the sculpt room? Happens every time for me.

edit: looks like it's dependent on how many vox layers you're using, as a new file doesn't crash, just the existing one I'm using.

Edited by b33nine