3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Reputable Contributor

Raul, get a visa to the Untied States and come to my house, I got pretty good internet connections. South Texas's second language is Spanish and your are not that far from Cuba and it is warm here.... B):D

• Advanced Member

Might sound crazy, but Pilgway, you guys could come to Toronto and set up shop here. It's a great city, very multicultural. Side Effects Houdini is here and Alias Maya was started here. You also have a lot of game and animation studios.

Something to think about.

-G

I shall await your findings.

The disk image of 3D-Coat V4 BETA5 for Mac has been updated. As it turned out the problem was with the latest Xcode. The project target was set to 10.5 but the executable had dependencies from 10.6. Thankfully there is a workaround for that. Now 3D-Coat BETA5 should work under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Not so good news in Raul's twitter :(

Yeah, that sucks. Wonder if he can apply for an extension instead of just assuming he has to go back. Maybe Andrew can call or visit the Cuban Consulate there and plead with them to work something out. He's not there as a tourist.

http://cuba.visahq.com/embassy/Ukraine/

http://www.embassy-info.com/cuban-consulate-in-kiev-ukraine.html

I think so Don. If a number of people spoke on his behalf and made it very aware that they need him (Stas and Andrew should be good enough I think, but the whole team would probably make a bigger impact). This is such crappy news.

I'm sorry to hear about this Raul. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

• Reputable Contributor

I think so Don. If a number of people spoke on his behalf and made it very aware that they need him (Stas and Andrew should be good enough I think, but the whole team would probably make a bigger impact). This is such crappy news.

I'm sorry to hear about this Raul. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Maybe some kind of online petition signed by 3DCoat users might help too... just an idea...

The petition could be printed as well and delivered.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Maybe some kind of online petition signed by 3DCoat users might help too... just an idea...

The petition could be printed as well and delivered.

If I knew Raul was still there at least for a day or two, I'd try to call myself. Maybe Andrew or someone can fill us in. Been pretty quiet from him the past few days.

Updated to BETA6C. This is important stability update, we found several important instabilities and fixed them. Snake clay improved again and will work correctly even with fast strokes.

Even if Raul got to Cuba today, LC will be polished up to very good stability because I know all very good in LC and was always main LC bugfixer. So, even if new LC tools will not appear, I may guarantee that they will be polished very well. Raul got interesting and important offline tasks (dream for r&d developer), I will put all my forces to make all stuff to be stble and well polished.

Raul had to leave because of misunderstanding of Ukrainian visa rules, it is not related to Cuba or anything else. We was expecting we have 180 days, but actually there was only 90. And it was discovered at the very end of the period and it was impossible to prolong or do something. Anyway, it is not good but not terrible, we found good way to get advantage from this strange situation.

Linux&Mac updates are not ready because Sergyi includes dae support there. It should not be big problem, so it is expected soon.

• Advanced Member

Updated to BETA6C. This is important stability update, we found several important instabilities and fixed them. Snake clay improved again and will work correctly even with fast strokes.

Even if Raul got to Cuba today, LC will be polished up to very good stability because I know all very good in LC and was always main LC bugfixer. So, even if new LC tools will not appear, I may guarantee that they will be polished very well. Raul got interesting and important offline tasks (dream for r&d developer), I will put all my forces to make all stuff to be stble and well polished.

Raul had to leave because of misunderstanding of Ukrainian visa rules, it is not related to Cuba or anything else. We was expecting we have 180 days, but actually there was only 90. And it was discovered at the very end of the period and it was impossible to prolong or do something. Anyway, it is not good but not terrible, we found good way to get advantage from this strange situation.

Linux&Mac updates are not ready because Sergyi includes dae support there. It should not be big problem, so it is expected soon.

Thank you Andrew for taking the time to inform us of the positives of this situation.

I look forward very much to trying the update.

The disk image of 3D-Coat V4 BETA5 for Mac has been updated. As it turned out the problem was with the latest Xcode. The project target was set to 10.5 but the executable had dependencies from 10.6. Thankfully there is a workaround for that. Now 3D-Coat BETA5 should work under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

SERGYI , my thanks.

http://youtu.be/CxayGXU7fjU

At this point I don't even know why I bother with cuda... I may aswell use the underperforming (by not that much anyway) version than use this bug hell.

If you will send me 3B file, it will help to identify and fix problem almost immediately. I think that there is problem with mesh structure derived from prev versions, but anyway it should be fixed.

• Contributor

Ok, I'll. For the last time, because this kind of thing gave birth to legacy fix in the past and I don't think this helped me in anyway. But I'll upload a nice 140mb file with my triple chained connection which will take me about 5 hours.

I reaaaaaally hope this will fix it and I can stop being nasty to you.

Otherwise I'll just forget cuda and call it closure.

Ok, I'll. For the last time, because this kind of thing gave birth to legacy fix in the past and I don't think this helped me in anyway. But I'll upload a nice 140mb file with my triple chained connection which will take me about 5 hours.

I reaaaaaally hope this will fix it and I can stop being nasty to you.

Otherwise I'll just forget cuda and call it closure.

Back it with with rar or better 7z, it will shrink file several times.

But - easily reproducable problem - almost fixed problem.

• Contributor

Problem is, in this case it may be easy to reproduce, but I can have the same issues with files that disappear after a relaunch of 3dc, you're most likely to find a file corruption in this scene and not fix the issue that caused it in the first place (just like it happened with the scene I sent that was used to create legacy fix, which was a bug that was fixed later on).

I rared it with best compression, it's down to 60~mb it will be ok.

• Contributor

Btw I think you touched powerful smoothing, or maybe I forgot how it worked (I've been coding a lot lately I didn't touch 3dcoat much since my last video) but it seems to work much more effectively, strokes are cleaner, much smoother transition with the surrounding areas.

And the bug described above is definitely linked to cuda, on simple version I don't have any problem (for now at least).

yes, powerful smoothing was touched and tuned to be less coarse and to avoid concentration of polygons.

Btw I think you touched powerful smoothing, or maybe I forgot how it worked (I've been coding a lot lately I didn't touch 3dcoat much since my last video) but it seems to work much more effectively, strokes are cleaner, much smoother transition with the surrounding areas.

And the bug described above is definitely linked to cuda, on simple version I don't have any problem (for now at least).

CUDA is used in surface mode only for smoothing. Was you performing smoothing?

• Contributor

Yes, I didn't thought about mentioning it, but cuda is ok if smooth boost is off. In my case at least.

I've been saying it for a while now btw ;)

And powerful smooth changes may be a small tweak, but it feels right, so thnx for that, much more natural to use than the default smooth.

I would even dare to say surface pinch got a boost too. Or maybe it's the actual handling of removestretching that got pushed forward, but it feels smoother too.