Jump to content
3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Recommended Posts

Bureaucrats, An administrator concerned with procedural correctness at the expense of people's needs.

I will not even go there for fear of being banned because of bad langauge used at Bureaucrats... I dealt with them too many times....


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldnt be so bad if some sort of good internet communication could be maintained but it seems Raul does not have good internet connection there....

Really sad... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raul, get a visa to the Untied States and come to my house, I got pretty good internet connections. South Texas's second language is Spanish and your are not that far from Cuba and it is warm here.... B):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raul, get a visa to the Untied States and come to my house, I got pretty good internet connections. South Texas's second language is Spanish and your are not that far from Cuba and it is warm here.... B):D

Problem: Timetable.

But it's nice to invite him :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly ironic that Raul's remittances to Cuba for work done elsewhere is of real benefit to the threadbare Cuban economy. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might sound crazy, but Pilgway, you guys could come to Toronto and set up shop here. It's a great city, very multicultural. Side Effects Houdini is here and Alias Maya was started here. You also have a lot of game and animation studios.

Something to think about.

-G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall await your findings.

The disk image of 3D-Coat V4 BETA5 for Mac has been updated. As it turned out the problem was with the latest Xcode. The project target was set to 10.5 but the executable had dependencies from 10.6. Thankfully there is a workaround for that. Now 3D-Coat BETA5 should work under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so good news in Raul's twitter :(

Yeah, that sucks. Wonder if he can apply for an extension instead of just assuming he has to go back. Maybe Andrew can call or visit the Cuban Consulate there and plead with them to work something out. He's not there as a tourist.

http://cuba.visahq.com/embassy/Ukraine/

http://www.embassy-info.com/cuban-consulate-in-kiev-ukraine.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think so Don. If a number of people spoke on his behalf and made it very aware that they need him (Stas and Andrew should be good enough I think, but the whole team would probably make a bigger impact). This is such crappy news.

I'm sorry to hear about this Raul. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think so Don. If a number of people spoke on his behalf and made it very aware that they need him (Stas and Andrew should be good enough I think, but the whole team would probably make a bigger impact). This is such crappy news.

I'm sorry to hear about this Raul. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Maybe some kind of online petition signed by 3DCoat users might help too... just an idea...

The petition could be printed as well and delivered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that idea Digman. I think that is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe some kind of online petition signed by 3DCoat users might help too... just an idea...

The petition could be printed as well and delivered.

If I knew Raul was still there at least for a day or two, I'd try to call myself. Maybe Andrew or someone can fill us in. Been pretty quiet from him the past few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to BETA6C. This is important stability update, we found several important instabilities and fixed them. Snake clay improved again and will work correctly even with fast strokes.

Even if Raul got to Cuba today, LC will be polished up to very good stability because I know all very good in LC and was always main LC bugfixer. So, even if new LC tools will not appear, I may guarantee that they will be polished very well. Raul got interesting and important offline tasks (dream for r&d developer), I will put all my forces to make all stuff to be stble and well polished.

Raul had to leave because of misunderstanding of Ukrainian visa rules, it is not related to Cuba or anything else. We was expecting we have 180 days, but actually there was only 90. And it was discovered at the very end of the period and it was impossible to prolong or do something. Anyway, it is not good but not terrible, we found good way to get advantage from this strange situation.

Linux&Mac updates are not ready because Sergyi includes dae support there. It should not be big problem, so it is expected soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to BETA6C. This is important stability update, we found several important instabilities and fixed them. Snake clay improved again and will work correctly even with fast strokes.

Even if Raul got to Cuba today, LC will be polished up to very good stability because I know all very good in LC and was always main LC bugfixer. So, even if new LC tools will not appear, I may guarantee that they will be polished very well. Raul got interesting and important offline tasks (dream for r&d developer), I will put all my forces to make all stuff to be stble and well polished.

Raul had to leave because of misunderstanding of Ukrainian visa rules, it is not related to Cuba or anything else. We was expecting we have 180 days, but actually there was only 90. And it was discovered at the very end of the period and it was impossible to prolong or do something. Anyway, it is not good but not terrible, we found good way to get advantage from this strange situation.

Linux&Mac updates are not ready because Sergyi includes dae support there. It should not be big problem, so it is expected soon.

Thank you Andrew for taking the time to inform us of the positives of this situation.

I look forward very much to trying the update.

The disk image of 3D-Coat V4 BETA5 for Mac has been updated. As it turned out the problem was with the latest Xcode. The project target was set to 10.5 but the executable had dependencies from 10.6. Thankfully there is a workaround for that. Now 3D-Coat BETA5 should work under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

SERGYI , my thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×