3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

I don't like the current shader preview inside the voxel area. Please make them more readable again.

See my attachment for infos, please. Someone sympathise my view too?

Thank you

Chris

post-955-0-86955500-1369726004_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The overall sculpt feeling is far superior to anything i was tested until now.

ty for that.

//help

I still see the old shader icons

How can i reset the icons preview without delete the old V4 folder ?

ty

Right-click on any shader and choose Refresh all shaders preview

Shaders Preview Info!

For anyone who wants to make his own shaders preview:

In Program Files\3D-Coat-V4\ToolsPresets\ there are two OBJ files. The PreviewObjectCenter.obj is a grey sphere, and the PreviewObject.obj is the shader.

Create your own and try it. Keep the scale the same as in those files!

That's it :)

P.S. Share it with the community, and the BEST one may be included to the distributive!

• Like 1

• Contributor

I don't like the current shader preview inside the voxel area. Please make them more readable again.

Thank you

Chris

I agree about the shader but Daniel responded to that issue (tnx).

For the scrollbars, you don't need them, right click drag. One thing though: that little space where the scrollbars were need to be adjusted.

It doesn't look good and may make new users ask "why the scrollbars aren't appearing ?". Don't let space for incertainty :)

The scroll bars have been gone for a long time. You don't need them anymore since you can just drag up and down in the main area.

• Contributor

Also I must add if you want the scrollbar back they're still here, you just have to activate "hidescrollers" in preference panel>themes (should be renamed to something else, activating an option to deactivate a functionality is not logical, something along "activate standard scrolling" would make much more sense).

And I just found a BUG: I used said option toggled it off again, and the scrollbars are all gone but in the shader menu (and it gave it the dragscroll arrows too)

• Advanced Member

Unfortunately, I don't have time to report in mantis, right now, but the latest pre-release won't let me move, rotate, scale, lock or unlock, reset, or tile/un-tile any materials in the paint room.

EDIT: Please disregard. Apparently, if you choose "Transform mask and material together," then you can adjust the material.

Edited by alvordr

• Advanced Member

I think, even if scroll bar has been removed we have to see some indication where in the list we are. It could be just a small line 2-3 pixels wide with indication of the current position.

Updated to RC01 (Win, Mac, Linux), excuse version number was not changed

- Several UI tweaks: shader right free space removed, default windows placement adjusted a bit, UV preview window in retopo/uv room.

- updated default brushes/strips/materials/masks set

- fill tool lines mode problem fixed

- LC like tool upper range of details changed from 3 to 5

- little fixes from mantis

I hope it is final version, official public release will be tomorrow (I hope). Please don't post that news publicly worldwide till official release.

• Reputable Contributor

Shaders Preview Info!

For anyone who wants to make his own shaders preview:

In Program Files\3D-Coat-V4\ToolsPresets\ there are two OBJ files. The PreviewObjectCenter.obj is a grey sphere, and the PreviewObject.obj is the shader.

Create your own and try it. Keep the scale the same as in those files!

That's it :)

P.S. Share it with the community, and the BEST one may be included to the distributive!

I like the new shader previews. Everyone has different tastes, so here is my vote for keeping it as is. Definite improvement over what was there previously.

• Advanced Member

Updated to RC01 (Win, Mac, Linux), excuse version number was not changed

- Several UI tweaks: shader right free space removed, default windows placement adjusted a bit, UV preview window in retopo/uv room.

- updated default brushes/strips/materials/masks set

- fill tool lines mode problem fixed

- LC like tool upper range of details changed from 3 to 5

- little fixes from mantis

I hope it is final version, official public release will be tomorrow (I hope). Please don't post that news publicly worldwide till official release.

Does v4 completely nullify the license for v3? I would like to keep my v3 installed for complete compatibility purposes.

If ever, I assume you cant run v3 and v4 on different machines at the same time since its an upgraded license.

Can I ask 1 thing? This is a simple feature request, but most of developers ignore it. Can you please update open file dialog to the lateset version? It's as simple as setting AutoUpgradeEnabled property in OpenFileDialog call but can improve file workflow greatly. I got a complex folder structure in my project and I use Featured group alot to quickly access the needed destinations, but with the old dialog it takes me AGES to open something because I can't jump there directly.

Can I ask 1 thing? This is a simple feature request, but most of developers ignore it. Can you please update open file dialog to the lateset version? It's as simple as setting AutoUpgradeEnabled property in OpenFileDialog call but can improve file workflow greatly. I got a complex folder structure in my project and I use Featured group alot to quickly access the needed destinations, but with the old dialog it takes me AGES to open something because I can't jump there directly.

Ok, I forwarded request to system programmer.
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I have to admit. I don't particularly like the new shader previews, my self. This was my first reaction, but I gave it a couple of days to get used to and I find that they don't give me enough visual information to see what I'm going to get. Perhaps if I could change the size of the previews, this might help. As it is, I have 3 similar rock shaders I made that I now can't tell the difference between, due to the new shader preview.

However, I just recalled someone on here saying to hit "refresh" on them. I now get to enjoy the spherical preview we had before.

Edited by alvordr

• Applink Developer

Updated to V4!!! Thanks a lot Pilgway team. Lucky I have one month holiday starting next monday and I think that most of the holiday is going on sculpting with 3d-coat.

Good times B)

• Advanced Member

Updated to V4!!! Thanks a lot Pilgway team. Lucky I have one month holiday starting next monday and I think that most of the holiday is going on sculpting with 3d-coat.

Good times B)

Updated now Thanks Pilgway team

I have to admit. I don't particularly like the new shader previews, my self. This was my first reaction, but I gave it a couple of days to get used to and I find that they don't give me enough visual information to see what I'm going to get. Perhaps if I could change the size of the previews, this might help. As it is, I have 3 similar rock shaders I made that I now can't tell the difference between, due to the new shader preview.

However, I just recalled someone on here saying to hit "refresh" on them. I now get to enjoy the spherical preview we had before.

The only thing I would change is making the big grey part in the middle shader colored instead of grey. I don't understand why the grey part is even there.

• Advanced Member

Woo hoo!

Just upgraded to V4 Pro.

Thank you for such a reasonable upgrade price Andrew!

When I bought 3D Brush for $70 dollars back in 2007 I thought it looked like such an amazing tool and such incredible value.

Over 5 years later and I still can not believe my luck. I count 3D Coat as one of the best purchases I have ever made and it just keeps on getting better and better!

I have made my money back countless times over thanks to 3D Coats ease of use and intuitive workflow.

As long as you continue to make this tool, I will be your loyal customer. :)

Best Wishes to you, your family and the Pilgway team.

Edited by Marc Wakefield