3DCoat Forums
chupacabra

3D Coat is now for sale on Steam

Edu to Prof =$250

full list here

I know this is the price here.

With tax, it takes the price of an upgrade beyond buying a full professional license available for purchase through steam. Of course, an upgrade from edu' to prof' is a reduced price compared to simply purchasing a full professional license here. So I was wondering if there were any relevance to this as I was considering an upgrade anyway, and if there were any options to lower pricing for an upgrade if I want to do it through the steam store somehow...

Was my question, when voiced more fully, and explained more thoroughly.

I know this is the price here.

With tax, it takes the price of an upgrade beyond buying a full professional license available for purchase through steam. Of course, an upgrade from edu' to prof' is a reduced price compared to simply purchasing a full professional license here. So I was wondering if there were any relevance to this as I was considering an upgrade anyway, and if there were any options to lower pricing for an upgrade if I want to do it through the steam store somehow...

Was my question, when voiced more fully, and explained more thoroughly.

Well, since 3D Coat is an international company, there is no tax. So, an upgrade from EDU/Non-Commercial to Professional is just a flat $250. Steam is selling the full Professional license (with discount) for $314. That's $64 more. Maybe Steam will offer the upgrade and include their 10% discount, but that is up to them, not Pilgway. One would have to contact their sales staff and ask if that option is available.

Don,

Whether or not there is a tax depends on whom you purchase from. If a non-EU citizen purchase from Pilgway there is no tax for obvious reasons, if you (Anyone, EU or otherwise) purchase from me, since I run my business in Oregon and Oregon has no sales tax, you pay no sales tax. Now, since Steam is in Washington state, which does have sales tax and so if you live in Washington and are purchasing in WA, you would pay sales tax. As for EU member citizens, they must pay VAT on games/software they purchase through Steam. Anyone else likely wont have to pay sales tax or other sales tax (unless your state/province/country/etc requires otherwise).

So far, I've surmised my upgrade from 3 pro to 4 will be $99. Is that correct?

Hey Tony!

Andrew hasn't actually said how much upgrades will officially be, yet. Based on my experience upgrading from v2 to v3, I paid $60. So I suspect it will be within the same range. Give or take some.

This is awesome! Suddenly a gang of new users on the forum since 3D-Coat went for sale on Steam!

What a genius marketing move! 3D-Coat is a perfect match for the Steam demographic.

Thanks Jarvis for answering everyones questions about this, I was shocked myself when I seen the price for $89.10. I kinda thought it was the EDU version but wasn't for sure, I see they have the comercial version price listed on Steam now aswell for $314.10. I was shock to see all the reply's in this tread lol