3DCoat Forums

Version 4 Manual User Workflow Contributions

Psmith

• 2 weeks later...

Would there be any way to make the background grey gradient on a separate layer, like in the version 3.x manual, so we could turn it off in order to be able to print the manual?

-Patrick

. . . old shader preview pics . . .

This is the reason nobody ever has written a book about 3D-Coat.

Things just keep changing - and, at a pace that nobody can keep up with. Especially not me.

Those shader pics weren't changed until the week of the release.

Greg Smith

• 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Greg, do you think you could clean up the English in the "Happy Baking Guide" and add it to the V4 Manual? I'm sure it would be an enormous help for a lot of folks. I created a video tutorial for it, and I'd like to point this guide out, in the comments section, as an additional resource. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I posted about this in the New User forum, and so far no reponse. One thing I find terribly confusing is the what goes where. [Folder logic]

I understand the idea that the user folder is now where we should store data, but do I pull stuff out of the "program" location (pens, textures..), leave it there.... etc

I have a boatload of stuff (textures, penpacks, etc...) in my User..../3D Coat folder, that I have no idea where it came from and where (or if) I should move it. Also preference and config. info

It would be truly helpful to have a layout and description of which folders should have what. Where they are located and how to manage them. I know it is dry stuff, but right now I am trying to learn this program and I am certain some of the issues are related to fouled up locations.

Are there any existing documentaions of this (I've Googled myself silly:  :)

EDIT: I meant to say User.../3D Coat/Layout folder

• Like 1

Thank You for responding.

I am familar with the idea of clean installs. I prefer to understand the structure so I can fix problems and customize without breaking things that are working.

I had downloaded a number of penpacks and shaders, etc.... and now I have parts and pieces all over the place.

Kevin L

Greetings,

I'm double posting this (as a pointer to the original post in "New Users") I am inquiring as to the proper folder topology. I do not know if my extensions are all in the correct spots, if I need to do something in the program or folder structure.

I made a "Fresh install vs. extensions added" pdf. Any guidance would be welcome.

Folder Outline-extensions Added_3D-CoatV4.pdf

• 4 months later...