3DCoat Forums

Translation

Frenchy Pilou

Hey, is this the same David Morrill who has been working miracles with the Messiah documentation???

Guilty. I just purchased 3D-Coat 2.0 last Monday (the last day you could get the 2.0 $15 discount), and upgraded to 3.0 today. While trying out the demo, I realized you could almost learn to use 3D-Coat just from the tooltips and hint view alone. I was able to paint one of the demo models and export and render it in modo with very little fuss. That, and all the good things I've heard about Andrew, pretty much decided me.

The only problem was sometimes having to decode some of the strangely worded hints. When I found out that they had already set up an online translation system, I took a look and saw that the English translation was only around 35% complete. So I've been chipping away at it for the last couple of days, taking a short break from the Messiah docs...

Dave Morrill

Guilty. I just purchased 3D-Coat 2.0 last Monday (the last day you could get the 2.0 $15 discount), and upgraded to 3.0 today. While trying out the demo, I realized you could almost learn to use 3D-Coat just from the tooltips and hint view alone. I was able to paint one of the demo models and export and render it in modo with very little fuss. That, and all the good things I've heard about Andrew, pretty much decided me.

The only problem was sometimes having to decode some of the strangely worded hints. When I found out that they had already set up an online translation system, I took a look and saw that the English translation was only around 35% complete. So I've been chipping away at it for the last couple of days, taking a short break from the Messiah docs...

Dave Morrill

What is Messiah ?

Ok thx!

David has taken upon himself to rework the documentation for Messiah, and has put together one of the best online help documents I have ever seen. He has a real talent for this stuff...

Good to see you joining the 3DC community, David!

(Now get back over to the Messiah site and finish that... hehehe j/k)

EDIT: David's documentation is not yet posted... so if you look at Messiah's current docs, that isn't what David did... that is what he is FIXING.

Well, if you want some help on the English to English project, PM me and I can pitch in.