3DCoat Forums

Yesterday I started working on two vertex painted creations simultaneously. Less of a boast more a sign of enthusiastic indecision :-)

Much like the excitement of snow fall where you build two snowmen at once.

Here's my first - Tilda By Moonlight (Ms Swinton to you )

Next one following soon.

Pushing things a little further with this one with painting through masks etc.

post-2166-0-28668500-1353771767_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks both.

Tony yes - they are black and white stencils.

I thinks of freeze as my mask and the masks section as my alphas/stencils.Some masks were also generated out from the alphas from the render. It would be nice if any voxel layer could automatically be transferred into a stencil /mask like the alpha's created when making a brush from a mesh. Perhaps it is possible?

What's new to me is just how much of a little Photoshop there is included in 3DCoat. I knew there was but I'd never delved a little deeper until now into layers. Texturing across 3D forms like this brought it home more I suppose.

hmmm... do you need this?:

- Possibility to copy just the surface if needed - super cool to create clothes, stamp logos, shells - http://t.co/gjcmrwL. In general, it allows you to paint over a voxel model with different colors/shaders without blending - http://t.co/WcbU470.

It would be nice if any voxel layer could automatically be transferred into a stencil /mask like the alpha's created when making a brush from a mesh.

hope it help

To get an alpha of the sculpt. Export the sculpt as a Obj.

Now in the Strip brush section open the obj file. Largest image size is 512 x 512. Adjust the depth to see the effect and transposed the model as necessary.

Save the strip brush alpha as PSD file.

Next load the PSD strip brush alpha as a regular alpha brush.

You can edit the alpha brush in the external editor to make it better. I also always put a little blur on it, It softens the edges slightly and makes cleaner edges when you stamp or brush the alpha in 3DCoat.

Last delete the strip brush alpha unless you plan on using it as a strip brush...

Whether you can get a 32 bit alpha I do not know, as I have not checked.

You will just have to test it to see if it makes a good enough alpha brush for you...

The below were quickly done.

• Like 1

oh wow thats very cool. Reminds me of the film MirrorMask (which everyone should watch btw just because it's fantastic)