3DCoat Forums

Not sure why thta's happening - I am uploading high res videos but youtibe is not displaying them...will look into it, sorry about that!!

EDIT: I cleared the cache and cookies in chrome and it's now showing better/higher res versions - just keep in mind if you also do this you'll log out of all your websites - unless you just clear the youtube related cookies!!

in the meantime here's another...

SCULPTING A HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI74BwyBmks

Edited by Psionic
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member

I think this shows just how much there is still to learn in 3DCoat. I'm amazed, as I pick up something new everytime I watch one of your videos.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks to all for your support, appreciate it!!

Quick note: Using the pose tool I could have used the LINE selection mode to select the lines around the pumpkin in a fraction of the time and much neater...Still learning myself ;-)

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks to all for your support, appreciate it!!

Quick note: Using the pose tool I could have used the LINE selection mode to select the lines around the pumpkin in a fraction of the time and much neater...Still learning myself ;-)

Or better still....the Spline Stroke draw mode. You can create multiple splines (before hitting APPLY or the ENTER key), change the radius per control point, and even pressure profile. The Pose Tool is so versatile, it really needs to be renamed. I would submit something like the "Advanced Transform" or "Advanced Deform" tool (use the Adv.abbreviation on the button, to keep it short). Much more descriptive and easier for a new user to grasp the scope and capabilities of the tool. When a new user sees the word POSE, they expect it to be quite limited to just one task. It's anything but limited. It's the 3D Coat version of the Swiss Army Knife.

Edited by AbnRanger

AbnRanger: Agreed, the pose tool is quite awesome and very unknown/underrated, I only just discovered its power recently - Tip for using the Spline stroke E-mode is great, will definitely include that in a future video!!

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL - SLENDERMAN TUTORIAL VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjGAmmpxGGA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your tuts !

I'm following the halloween pumkin sculpting tut but I have a problem and don't find the solution, so I ask here :

when using the pose tool, selecting the right brush, airbrush mode and select whith pen, the lines I draw are only gradients, not grey lines (see pictures). I can't find the option or parameter to change the mode. Someone could help me, please ?

Thanks in advance

Dimitri

post-3703-0-09136600-1382653832_thumb.jp

post-3703-0-40739300-1382653845_thumb.jp

• Reputable Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your tuts !

I'm following the halloween pumkin sculpting tut but I have a problem and don't find the solution, so I ask here :

when using the pose tool, selecting the right brush, airbrush mode and select whith pen, the lines I draw are only gradients, not grey lines (see pictures). I can't find the option or parameter to change the mode. Someone could help me, please ?

Thanks in advance

Dimitri

With some shaders, the colors will be bright like you have, but others (like the pictmat shaders) tend to display a dark color. The effect is the same, though.

MODELLING A HEAD WITH REFERENCE PICS PART 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvCgenXIHJk

Using the background reference in 3D Coat you rotate the model to face forwards and 'choose' the front view image, then rotate it to the side and 'choose' the side view image. Scale, position and set the opacity, close it and you're all set follow the ref pics!

Part 2 coming tomorrow...

Edited by Psionic
  • Like 1

Thanks to AbnRanger for this tip:-

Go to Camera Menu - Background - Edit Image Placement option and press 'END' key to assign a Hot key - something like 'R' as this allows you to bring up the 'edit image placement' menu much quicker to show/hide the refs.

Edited by Psionic
  • Like 1

PART 2 - TEXTURING A HEAD USING REFERENCE IMAGES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da8sheHAesg

Quick tutorial showing how to texture the model made previously, also here's a photoshop tutorial for creating texture like the ones I use in these tutorials:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-n5k6nE-gE

• Like 2

I can't thank you enough for posting these tutorials. I was having some trouble getting my models for my Senior Project out of 3D Coat, but thanks to your videos (and the happy baking guide) I've started rendering out my first Maya-ready 3D pieces, my very first in fact. :) Thank you again!

• Like 1