3DCoat Forums

How to Extrude edges?

popwfx

• Reputable Contributor

Choose "Select" in the left tool bar menu.

Select Edges in the top tool bar or if you keep auto on, you will need to select an edge before you see the extrude tool in the menu.

Select one edge and then press the " L" key to select a row or ring of edges

Under the commands menu, (left tool bar) choose "Extrude"

Move away....

The left tool bar menu is context sensitive according to whether you choose Vertices, Edges or Faces...

• Advanced Member
Choose "Select" in the left tool bar menu. Select Edges in the top tool bar or if you keep auto on, you will need to select an edge before you see the extrude tool in the menu. Select one edge and then press the " L" key to select a row or ring of edges Under the commands menu, (left tool bar) choose "Extrude" Move away.... The left tool bar menu is context sensitive according to whether you choose Vertices, Edges or Faces...

Thanks! I must have missed the Extrude menu item because it changes when different tools are selected - so I guess I didn't see it. That works a treat.

• Advanced Member

Digman, while we're on the topic ;)

Is there a way to slide a group of selected edges? Like if I want to only slide a few of the edges of an edge loop, I want to use the Select tool to select several edges to slide and but after I select them and then choose the Slide Edges tool, it deselects all my selected edges and appears to only let me slide one at a time. I'm sure it's easy to do, but is escaping me at the moment. thanks!