3DCoat Forums

Change Parent of Lower Objects Impossible

• Advanced Member

If I have several objects in the voxel room, the UI makes it impossible for me to change the lower/lowest object(s) to a specific parent. The UI puts the pop up list too high and by the time I can race my cursor up to it before it disappears to select a parent, it's gone.

• Reputable Contributor

Do you mean the list that is shown in the image is disappearing... It should stay visible if you hover your cursor over a lower layer in the selection list first. Now you can take your time moving up the list to select the new parent.

I think that would be a feature request to have it a persistent list till you select the parent regardless of the position of the cursor...

If I have misread your post, I am just trying to help...

post-518-0-05379800-1359920193_thumb.png

• Advanced Member

No, you're interpreting my request correctly. Right now, if my cursor is within a certain range of focus on that pop-up, it stays, but otherwise, it goes away before I can do anything. The further down the object list I choose to do this, the farther away from it up the pop-up appears.